NEW BIGGEST LOSER CHALLENGE STARTING MONDAY - MUST JOIN AND WEIGH IN BY SUNDAY NIGHT!!

Options
Wiccandothis
Wiccandothis Posts: 860 Member
Interested in joining a new challenge group? The Biggest Loser Challenge will start up a new 10-week challenge this weekend!! Please read over the rules and request to join the group by clicking here and requesting to join: http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/23818-biggest-loser-team-challenge

Challenge Rules (subject to discussion and change):

1) Several teams compete, with between 20-30 members each. Which team you are a member of is decided by the power of The Almighty Spreadsheet. Please respect the other members of your team! Everyone has a valid opinion, and we want to provide an open space for them to share it.

2) Each group will have their own thread. Please keep all group discussions in this thread, as making multiples threads per group makes it harder for we (the moderators) to keep track of everything and keep things organized. Please help us, help you. :) If you would like to post about a topic not related to your group, please feel free to start a thread. Otherwise, each team will have one thread for discussion.

3) You should log your weight once each week. Weigh-ins will always open on a Thursday afternoon and close on Sundays at 10:00 pm (PST; Pacific Time US)! This will happen in the form of a new thread each week (e.g. WEEK 1 WEIGH IN THREAD) which will be posted on the group's forum. Late weights will not be accepted. We - the group's moderators - will post the results of each weigh-in by Monday at noon, 12:00 pm PST at the latest.

4) The first weigh-in (the starting weigh-in) establishes your "beginning" weight for the purpose of calculating percentage lost. The team with the highest percentage of weight lost during the challenge will be our official challenge winners. NOTE: Please make sure that you accurately post your initial weight, and your weight for all following weigh-ins. We (the moderators) encourage everyone to accurately post their weights, and follow a healthy weight loss plan. Really, at the end of the day, the goal of this competition is to motivate one another to work towards the ultimate goal -- a healthy, long, and happy life (and safe weight loss to get there)!

5) 3 Strikes and you're out: missing 3 weigh-ins disqualifies you from the competition and puts you onto the Cheerleader's team. These weights will no longer count for your original team. Members of the Cheerleader team will not be ranked for the purposes of this challenge, but they are still encouraged to weigh-in each week. They may also participate in the threads and challenges hosted by competing teams. If you KNOW that you're going to miss a weigh-in, message (myself) Wiccandothis, rosepeppercreek or MonicaA2013 and we'll repost your previous week's weight - so you will not get a strike.

6) We will set challenges every week at the bottom of the results for the previous week (usually one nutrition and one fitness). In addition to the challenges we set, your group may decide to do additional challenges. You may also pick and choose from the challenges we set. It is up to the teams!

7) This is a 10 week challenge, before posting your initial weight and being assigned a team, please make sure you are ready to participate for the full ten weeks.

8) New members and returning members must join the group and log a starting weight BEFORE the November 6th deadline, after that membership to the group will be closed for the duration of the November - January Challenge. Non-members can either visit the group's homepage (http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/23818-biggest-loser-team-challenge) to request entrance to the group, or they can send a direct message to rosepeppercreek or myself, Wiccandothis.

Challenge Calendar:
Thursday, November 3rd - Sunday, November 6th: Initial Weigh In (closes at 10:00 pm PST)
Monday, November 7th: Week 1 Begins (Check the forum to see which ream you are on, and the challenges for the week!)
Thursday, November 10th - Sunday, November 13th: Week 1 Weigh In (closes at 10:00 pm PST)
Monday, November 14th: Week 2 Begins and Week 1 Results posted by 12:00 pm PST (Check the forum to see the results from the previous week's weigh in every Monday.)
Thursday, November 17th - Sunday November 20th: Week 2 Weigh In (closes at 10:00 pm PST)
Monday, November 21st: Wee Begins and Week 2 Results posted by 12:00 pm PST
Thursday, November 24th - Sunday, November 27th: Week 3 Weigh In (closes at 10:00 pm PST)
Monday, November 28th: Week 4 Begins and Week 3 Results posted by 12:00 pm PST
Thursday, December 1st - Sunday, December 4th: Week 4 Weigh In (closes at 10:00 pm PST)
Monday, December 5th: Week 5 Begins and Week 4 Results posted by 12:00 pm PST
Thursday, December 8th - Sunday, December 11th: Week 5 Weigh In (closes at 10:00 pm PST)
Monday, December 12th: Week 6 Begins and Week 5 Results posted by 12:00 pm PST (Officially Halfway!)
Thursday, December 15th - Sunday, December 18th: Week 6 Weigh In (closes at 10:00 pm PST)
Monday, December 19th: Week 7 Begins and Week 6 Results posted by 12:00 pm PST
Thursday, December 22nd - Sunday, December 25th: Week 7 Weigh In (closes at 10:00 pm PST)
Monday, December 26th: Week 8 Begins and Week 7 Results posted by 12:00 pm PST
Thursday, December 29th - Sunday, January 1st: Week 8 Weigh In (closes at 10:00 pm PST)
Monday, January 2nd: Week 9 Begins and Week 8 Results posted by 12:00 pm PST
Thursday, January 5th - Sunday, January 8th: Week 9 Weigh In (closes at 10:00 pm PST)
Monday, January 9th: Week 10 Begins (Final Week!) and Week 9 Results posted by 12:00 pm PST
Thursday, January 12th - Sunday, January 15th: FINAL Week 10 Weigh In (closes at 10:00 pm PST)
Monday, January 16th: WEEK 10 FINAL RESULTS POSTED!

COME JOIN US!!

Replies

• Wiccandothis
    Options
  • Sunshine1337
    Sunshine1337 Posts: 56 Member
    edited November 2016
    Options
    How do I join? I go to the site with the challenge that tells us to join but no join button. I really want to be part of this
  • Phoenix814
    Phoenix814 Posts: 19 Member
    edited November 2016
    Options
    @Sunshine1337 There should be a "Join" button.on the top right of the thread when you click on the link...right beside the title
  • Tweetybird8673
    Tweetybird8673 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I joined but when I click on the name biggest looser nothing loads hmm
  • tyshieha
    tyshieha Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    I joined but when I click on the name biggest looser nothing loads hmm

Same thing happened to me. I want to join so that I can get the motivation to go to the gym every day. If I can start going to the gym everyday I think I would start losing more. I am averaging about 1 lbs a week. I would like to bring that up to 2 lbs per week. I am having a hard time staying focused and motivated.
  • tyshieha
    tyshieha Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    My weight right now is 211.4 and my waist which I am proud of is 43. I have lost 3 inches off my waist in a month. I am so proud of myself but I am having a really hard time staying motivated to go to the gym!!!
  • Wiccandothis
    Options
    All requests to join have been approved.

Please make sure to read over the group guidelines here: http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10475871/november-january-challenge#latest

And make sure to post your starting weight here: http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10475880/initial-weigh-in-thread#latest by Sunday November 6th at 10:00 pm PST.

**IF YOU DO NOT POST YOUR WEIGHT BY NOVEMBER 6th AT 10:00 pm PST, YOU WILL HAVE TO WAIT UNTIL THE NEXT CHALLENGE TO PARTICIPATE. You can check back on Monday on the group page to see which team you have been assigned to.
  • gregleritz
    gregleritz Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    May I join? I sent a request a few hours ago
  • Wiccandothis
    Options
    gregleritz wrote: »
    May I join? I sent a request a few hours ago

I didn't see a request from you, however I just sent you an invitation to join. Make sure to accept it and post your weight by 10:00 pm PST.
  • BestVersionOfMe301
    BestVersionOfMe301 Posts: 59 Member
    edited November 2016
    Options
    Hi! Can I joint? Sent in a request a while ago :)
    CW: 124.4 lbs
  • gregleritz
    gregleritz Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Weight is 261 lbs
  • renumusale
    renumusale Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    CW : 154.2lbs
  • renumusale
    renumusale Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I want to join in too.... I came across this challenge today only.... pls approve me too....!!!!
  • ghizon
    ghizon Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    Hello, I would like to join too please if possible.
  • britneyf07
    britneyf07 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
  • mumbles2013
    mumbles2013 Posts: 289 Member
    Options
  • alijune74
    alijune74 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    139.7..Team Pink...yes, managed to gain weight.
  • wisebabe
    wisebabe Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I want to join. I haves sent a request with "why do I want to join" info.

• Wiccandothis
    edited November 2016
    Options
    This challenge is now closed to new members as the challenges has already begun. Another challenge will start around February/March. HOWEVER, I will gladly accept those that have already requested to join and place you on the chereleasing team if you'd like. I will be sending messages out to you later on today.