Options

Replies

• healthy491
    healthy491 Posts: 384 Member
    Options
    healthy491 wrote: »
    vingogly wrote: »
    I suspect 45 mins/day qualifies as lightly active rather than sedentary. Plugging your numbers into calculator.net, I get 1185 calories to lose 0.5kg/week so it looks like your 1200 is right on the mark for someone your size/age/weight.

http://www.calculator.net/calorie-calculator.html?ctype=metric&cage=19&csex=f&cheightfeet=5&cheightinch=10&cpound=160&cheightmeter=157&ckg=50&cactivity=1.375&printit=0&x=93&y=11

Thank you

If you don't want to lose weight why would you be eating in a deficit?

I am not .. I just eat a lot more in the weekend and so I try to make up for it in the next 4 days .. I dont know if that makes sense? Haha

But the figures you put, 8500 to 9000 , is an average of about 1200 per day, which as the poster I quoted said, is a figure to lose not maintain.

I agree but what I find confusing is that my weight still remains the same
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    I suspect 45 mins/day qualifies as lightly active rather than sedentary. Plugging your numbers into calculator.net, I get 1185 calories to lose 0.5kg/week so it looks like your 1200 is right on the mark for someone your size/age/weight.

http://www.calculator.net/calorie-calculator.html?ctype=metric&cage=19&csex=f&cheightfeet=5&cheightinch=10&cpound=160&cheightmeter=157&ckg=50&cactivity=1.375&printit=0&x=93&y=11

Thank you

I am not .. I just eat a lot more in the weekend and so I try to make up for it in the next 4 days .. I dont know if that makes sense? Haha

But the figures you put, 8500 to 9000 , is an average of about 1200 per day, which as the poster I quoted said, is a figure to lose not maintain.

How tight is your logging?
  • healthy491
    Options

Thank you

During the week , extremely precise but Friday to sunday Not that precise especially since I dont find the exact nutritional values to certain restaurants and stuff
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    Noel_57 wrote: »
    Hopefully, better than this.
    6IF6iKJ.gif

That made me laugh more than it probably should have!
  • janekana
    janekana Posts: 151 Member
    Options

Thank you

During the week , extremely precise but Friday to sunday Not that precise especially since I dont find the exact nutritional values to certain restaurants and stuff

I just quickly put in your stats in a TDEE calculator, and to maintain while you're sedentary needs 1600 calories a day, which means 11,200 calories in a week. 8500-9000 a week is definitely too low for maintaining. However, I think that since you eat out on Friday to Sunday, I can see that eating out may have offset your logging and put you above 9000 calories.

Out of curiosity, how long have you been maintaining for with this calorie intake?
  • healthy491
    Options
    janekana wrote: »

Thank you

I just quickly put in your stats in a TDEE calculator, and to maintain while you're sedentary needs 1600 calories a day, which means 11,200 calories in a week. 8500-9000 a week is definitely too low for maintaining. However, I think that since you eat out on Friday to Sunday, I can see that eating out may have offset your logging and put you above 9000 calories.

Out of curiosity, how long have you been maintaining for with this calorie intake?

About a month
  • DebSozo
    DebSozo Posts: 2,578 Member
    edited November 2016
    Options

Thank you

There are plenty of MFP people who do this who are on the forums. They average out their calories by the week, eating lighter on some days to balance larger amounts on others.
  • cerise_noir
    cerise_noir Posts: 5,468 Member
    Options
    6IF6iKJ.gif

:laugh:
  • Rebecca0224
    Rebecca0224 Posts: 810 Member
    Options
    6IF6iKJ.gif

That made me laugh more than it probably should have!

Me to, it just made my day
  • healthy491
    Options
    misskarne wrote: »
    OP, you have a posting history of concerning attitudes and behaviour towards food. Please, please, please, see a professional. You do not have a damaged metabolism, but I do believe you have a damaged view of food and weight.

Seriously why are you judging me when others post questions similar to mine all the time? Trust me , I love eating and I love food but I am new to this and am ignorant about it so I ask questions here to learn
  • misskarne
    misskarne Posts: 1,767 Member
    Options
    OP, you have a posting history of concerning attitudes and behaviour towards food. Please, please, please, see a professional. You do not have a damaged metabolism, but I do believe you have a damaged view of food and weight.

Seriously why are you judging me when others post questions similar to mine all the time? Trust me , I love eating and I love food but I am new to this and am ignorant about it so I ask questions here to learn

I am not judging you, I am trying to HELP you. Your posting history indicates someone with extremely distorted views of food (the diet coke thread) and an extremely distorted view of yourself (the thread where you freaked out over gaining 500 grams).

Your posts concern me and I'm sure others too. Please stop being so defensive.
  • BananaAssassin
    BananaAssassin Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Look up reverse dieting. I did years of yoyo dieting and calorie restriction, and I screwed up my metabolism completely. Now, after reverse dieting up to my maintenance level, I've gone from eating 1,200 to 2,300 and I've lost 10 pounds.
  • healthy491
    Options

I am not judging you, I am trying to HELP you. Your posting history indicates someone with extremely distorted views of food (the diet coke thread) and an extremely distorted view of yourself (the thread where you freaked out over gaining 500 grams).

Your posts concern me and I'm sure others too. Please stop being so defensive.

Yeah but how does me questioning stuff about food / calories indicate I have an eating disorder ?
  • paperpudding
    paperpudding Posts: 8,998 Member
    Options
    Since your logging isn't tight on the weekends and your burns could be inflated, it is likely that you're just eating at maintenance.

What's definitely not going on? Ruined metabolism.

You haven't done that.

I agree with above.

You are currently a healthy weight so I also agree with you OP that your goal should now be maitenance.

It is likely you are eating more than you think and burning less than you think but that doesn't matter - it is results that matter.

A month isn't very long - but if you continue to do what you are doing and continue with desired result ( ie stay at same weight) then just keep doing the same.
    If it ain't broke, don't fix it.

• healthy491
    edited November 2016
    Options
    Since your logging isn't tight on the weekends and your burns could be inflated, it is likely that you're just eating at maintenance.

What's definitely not going on? Ruined metabolism.

You haven't done that.

I agree with above.

You are currently a healthy weight so I also agree with you OP that your goal should now be maitenance.

It is likely you are eating more than you think and burning less than you think but that doesn't matter - it is results that matter.

A month isn't very long - but if you continue to do what you are doing and continue with desired result ( ie stay at same weight) then just keep doing the same.
    If it ain't broke, don't fix it.

Thank you :) will do so !
  • duddysdad
    duddysdad Posts: 402 Member
    Options
    What about people who have WLS? They eat as low as 3-400 calories (in the beginning) and lose weight. They didn't damage their metabolisms. You may think so because many do gain some or all of their weight back, but the issue isn't metabolism, it's that the surgery doesn't fix the underlying problem, food addiction and bad habits. Of course they don't always eat that low, they gradually eat more calories until they usually hit around 900-1100 calories, which is mainly low carb. My wife had gastric bypass in 2010, lost a ton of weight, gained a bit, and now six years later, she can lose just the same as anyone else.
  • CattOfTheGarage
    CattOfTheGarage Posts: 2,750 Member
    edited November 2016
    Options
    People who have weight loss surgery are starting from an extremely high weight, usually - when you are very obese, your body is more inclined to burn fat and you can safely eat less and lose weight faster than someone at a lower starting weight, without a lot of the same side effects (like metabolic slowdown).

Also worth noting that the post surgery diet is medically supervised, with measures taken to avoid the deficiencies and other side effects that can otherwise go with a very low calorie diet; and people who have weight loss surgery often have other obesity-related health problems which mean the benefits of losing the weight quickly outweigh the risks.

It's a "don't try this at home" situation.