NIGHT SNACKING......ANY TIPS?

Options
I THINK ONE OF MY BIGGEST PROBLEMS IS SNACKING AT NIGHT, MOST TIMES I HAVE A BOWL OF CEREAL BEFORE I GO TO BED, THIS IS GOING TO BE MY BIGGEST HABBIT TO BREAK, ANY SUGGESTIONS??

Replies

• nicolemac
    nicolemac Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I THINK ONE OF MY BIGGEST PROBLEMS IS SNACKING AT NIGHT, MOST TIMES I HAVE A BOWL OF CEREAL BEFORE I GO TO BED, THIS IS GOING TO BE MY BIGGEST HABBIT TO BREAK, ANY SUGGESTIONS??
  • finallyproud
    finallyproud Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    Set yourself a cut off time and try to stick to it. I have the same problem and just recently set one for myself. But if your gonna snack make it something low on calories. I like Pringles Light..you can eat like 14 chips for only 70 calories. Also drink lots of water it will help you feel full.
  • nicolemac
    nicolemac Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    WELL, TONIGHT, IM REALLY TRYING NOT TO HAVE A SNACK, AND SO FAR...BITING AT THE NAILS!! I THINK IT IS MORE MIND OVER MATTER. LIKE I SAID, CEREAL IS MY THING, BUT IF I DONT HAVE THAT, I FIND MYSELF WONDERING TO SOMETHING ELSE.
  • jodi7cky
    Options
    Try just drinking skim milk instead of having cereal in milk. The milk is really good for you and helps with burning fat as long as it is skim. Just a thought good luck though. My bad time is in the late mornings.
  • MisoSoup79
    Options
    If you still have calories left that you can eat, why not? I personally see nothing wrong with eating before bed, in fact it helps me sleep better when I do it! Contrary to popular belief, eating before bed doesn't mean the food automatically gets converted to fat. You still burn calories while you're sleeping. If it's a problem for you, set aside calories specifically for your night snack and enjoy it.
  • saudade09
    Options
    Try drinking an herbal tea with estivia or agave sweetener. I am a huge snacker as well. I try to eat dinner no later then 6:30 pm. My cup of tea by 8 pm. I am normally in bed by 10 pm. Hang in there. Good luck!
  • Phoenixflame
    Phoenixflame Posts: 560 Member
    Options
    I'm a night owl, so late night snacks are part of my lifestyle. However, I am in control of them--no late night ice cream binges. Here are my favorite late night snacks:

- Dark chocolate
    - Almonds
    - Cocoa
    - FroYo
    - Cottage cheese

I sleep better with something in my tummy, and my snacks never put me over my allotted calories. However, I have heard that insulin spikes caused by simple carbs can interfere with that chemical in your body that helps weight loss...so I try not to get too carb-heavy...or at least balance it with protein.