2 weeks enough time

Options
Is 2 weeks enough time to know if I'm in maintenance? Oh and by the way is having more energy normal?

Replies

• tahxirez
    tahxirez Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    I would give it a few more weeks (~4) and yes! More food=more energy!
  • neldabg
    neldabg Posts: 1,452 Member
    edited November 2016
    Options
    Two weeks is way too short. Four weeks is indeed better, but I think a trend over 8-12 weeks will give the best data on maintenance numbers. It's a process that requires adjustments as necessary. YES! I had more energy myself when I worked my way up to maintenance. More energy means more energy out. :) Congratulations on reaching maintenance!
  • richardgavel
    richardgavel Posts: 1,001 Member
    Options
    The thing to remember is that if you're off by just a little bit, it's going to take a good amount of time to determine the trend difference compared to being at maintenance.
  • sijomial
    sijomial Posts: 19,811 Member
    Options
    I found my maintenance quite quickly from a fairly regular and slow loss - or so I thought!
    After a couple of months I started losing again and had to bump up calories.

That feeling of "having more energy" can result in an unconscious increase in non-exercise activity - you feel more energetic so move more.
    Some people's exercise also suffers in a cut so being fully fuelled at maintenance can mean your exercise is also more energetic, run faster/further, lift heavier for example.
  • dejonny
    dejonny Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Yeah I've been enjoying maintenance so far,I eat more than when I was fat lol. Thanks for the help i'll give it a few more weeks.
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,905 Member
    Options
    I knew I was in maintenance the moment I decided to raise my calories to a maintenance level.
  • trigden1991
    trigden1991 Posts: 4,658 Member
    Options
    Not really. 4-6 weeks and you should know as water/hormones/glycogen can still be balancing out.