It Works, Shakeology, WW Or...???

Options

Replies

• FitInMyHead
    FitInMyHead Posts: 93 Member
    edited November 2016
    Options
    I dont think any of them provide or even really offer a quick fix...(do they).

IT seems they all advertise as a weight loss tool...
  • MommyMeggo
    MommyMeggo Posts: 1,222 Member
    edited November 2016
    Options
    I dont think any of them provide or even rreally offer a quick fix...(do they).

IT seems they all advrtise as a weight loss tool...

But you dont need to pay for those tools.
    MFP is free. Keeping a journal is free. Fitnessblender is free. Shopping and eating smart is free and so is moving.

The best tool...is you.
  • courtneyfabulous
    courtneyfabulous Posts: 1,863 Member
    Options
    I dont think any of them provide or even rreally offer a quick fix...(do they).

IT seems they all advrtise as a weight loss tool...

They kind of do- or the wrap things do anyways.

I feel like all of that stuff is just a distraction. And ways to get your money out of your wallet and into theirs.

There's no need to make this more complicated than it needs to be.
  • BruinsGal_91
    BruinsGal_91 Posts: 1,400 Member
    Options
    that is how I feel..I was just wondering. Sometimes the mind can play games and ifyou BELEIVE something works, then it does....(like a placebo effect, you know?)

You can believe anything you like, but if you're not eating at a calorific deficit, then you will not lose weight. Because, you know, science.
  • courtneyfabulous
    courtneyfabulous Posts: 1,863 Member
    Options
    that is how I feel..I was just wondering. Sometimes the mind can play games and ifyou BELEIVE something works, then it does....(like a placebo effect, you know?)

You can believe anything you like, but if you're not eating at a calorific deficit, then you will not lose weight. Because, you know, science.

Exactly.
    Calories in < calories out
    Literally the only thing that works.
  • Aaron_K123
    Aaron_K123 Posts: 7,122 Member
    Options
    Anything that allows you to eat less than your maintenance level or increase your activity level so that your intake is lower than your maintenance level will "work" for weightloss. If paying money for some program is what is required for you to make that happen then by all means do so. But it isn't necessary.
  • CSARdiver
    CSARdiver Posts: 6,252 Member
    Options
    So, has anyone tried any of these products, like IT Works Wraps or greens?? Shakeology shakes, Beachbody Workouts, Weight Watchers??

What, if any, has worked for you??? And I mean just to AID in your weight loss/fitness journey, not as the ONLY thingyou do to get in better shape/lose weight...

While all these products may work to some degree, part placebo and part putting the subscriber or user into a new routine, nearly all these products fail at some point as the participants break from the routine. All these programs and products will eventually fail as it is unreasonable to stay on these programs long term.

Weight Watchers was developed out of calorie counting as this was considered too difficult for most. With smartphones and sites such as MFP this changed and I don't understand how WW stays in business. Some people have a psychological need to purchase a membership or product to force change. If the end result is positive I see no issue.

The Wraps on the other hand are the lowest of the low. These products do nothing and are pure snake oil.
  • TanyaHooton
    TanyaHooton Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    Someone I used to know now sells ItWorks via her Facebook friends and feed. It was mega-annoying at first; now I find the before & after photos and her proclamations of making a lot of money just kinda mildly curious. I have not tried it, and I will not. I have much better ways to spend my money, like buying nice food at the store and preparing it at home.

I've never used Weight Watchers. I don't think it belongs with the other scammy-feeling products you mentioned, as I know several people who've successfully lost weight on it. However, I don't feel they maintain successfully - it seems to be something they keep joining and rejoining as a way to lose weight, instead of finding a way to live at a reasonable amount of food permanently. (This is very good for WW, not so much for users.) Maybe those weekly public weigh-ins are useful for some people to stay accountable, but again, I can think of better ways to spend money than paying someone to weigh me in public. Ymmv.

Just watch your portions, find a balance, and try to move around more.
  • Seffell
    Seffell Posts: 2,222 Member
    Options

Why not BELIEVE that the MFP deficit method works and donate the money you save from purchasing these products to charity?
  • FitInMyHead
    FitInMyHead Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    I never said I was the one who was going to spend the money. I was just asking a question, My Fitness Peeps :) I LOVE seeing all the responses though!!!
  • cathipa
    cathipa Posts: 2,991 Member
    Options
    Someone I used to know now sells ItWorks via her Facebook friends and feed. It was mega-annoying at first; now I find the before & after photos and her proclamations of making a lot of money just kinda mildly curious. I have not tried it, and I will not. I have much better ways to spend my money, like buying nice food at the store and preparing it at home.

The fake before and after's are how they reel you in. Many of those are stolen from other people (I've seen it on here and FB) who don't watermark their photos. Yeah the money is good because its a MLM and when you have others selling under you the checks roll in. I doubt they are making the kind of money they are portraying. Most that I have seen are still living check to check and driving the same cars they had 10 years ago. If it seems too good to be true - it is.
  • cherw1978
    cherw1978 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I have tried many things in my fitness journey including weight watchers, slim fast, Isagenix and shakeology. I eventually lost my weight through weight training and eating clean - no shakes or point system. I am always looking to try new things and honestly I love the beachbody programs and products. They are pricey, but you get way more out of shakeology than just a meal replacement. I feel better on shakeology overall (and I have IBS that is way more under control now with Shakeology). I have more energy, less cravings, and they taste amazing. I know how to eat properly without shakes, but I choose to drink them because of what I get from them and how easy and great tasting they are. As for the programs. I never use to like home workouts. I was all about the gym 100%. Recently though my schedule doesn't allow for gym times when I want them so I tried the at home programs and love them. I completed 21 Day Fix Extreme and have started Core De Force and often mix in Country Heat or T25. Again, these aren't for everyone and of course you need to know how to eat to lose, but in my experience I recommend Beachbody. Just my 2 cents!
  • hollyrayburn
    hollyrayburn Posts: 905 Member
    Options

I got that's the case, I believe my ford focus will be a 67 vette when u walk to the parking lot this afternoon.

You may "tbink" you lost weight with these bull products, but unless you follow CICO, you won't!
  • SingRunTing
    SingRunTing Posts: 2,604 Member
    Options
    I did Weight Watchers in the past, but decided that I didn't need to pay for it when I can do the same thing here for free.

I enjoy the BeachBody workouts, but someone gave me the dvds. I wouldn't pay what they charge for them, but if you can get them at a discount, why not.

The others are expensive woo. All they will do is empty your pockets of cash. Protein shakes can be helpful if you struggle to hit your protein goals, but there are less expensive and just as tasty options out there over Shakeology.
  • kikicooks
    kikicooks Posts: 1,079 Member
    Options
    WW is really just another form of calorie counting in a way so that works for some to keep their meals in check. I didn't care for figuring out how many points were in all foods, counting calories or just doing my best to watch portions works better for me. Shakeology is expensive but I think would be good for people who have busy lives and have a hard time putting meals together to ensure they were getting in some kind of nutrition and calories. I have tried many BeachBody workouts. Some I love, some just ok, but that just depends on an individuals preference of exercise. Any workout program will give you results if you just stick to it and eat well.
  • rainbowbow
    rainbowbow Posts: 7,490 Member
    Options
    I wrote a whole post about this on my website titled "Weight Loss Scams and Hot to Spot Them" if that tells you exactly how i feel about those products. >:)
  • ccjlgrider
    ccjlgrider Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    I have lost 8 lbs in 6 weeks doing the 21 Day Fix (Beachbody program). I like it better than counting calories b/c it takes a different approach. It breaks down how many servings of each type of food to eat, how much a serving is, and what fits under which category. Like, yes, sweet potatoes are a veggie but really they act more like a carb/startch so they go under that category rather than veggies. I don't have to count any calories. I only used the containers to measure my food for the first 3 weeks, now I can eyeball it and only rarely measure. If I measure, it is usually protein or nuts. I have a harder time eyeballing those right now. I do drink Shakeology but not everyday. It isn't magic. It isn't going to MAKE you lose weight. It is a low calorie snack or, if you add some other foods to it, meal replacement to help you stay under your calorie goal for the day. So, for example, on MFP, I'm in the 1200 cal range (only 20 lbs to lose) and I'm in the lowest bracket on 21 Day Fix, so Shakeology helps me get through the day staying within my goals. When I go to maintenance, I can forsee myself not drinking Shakeology as much b/c I'll have more calories to work with in a day. (Or containers if you are thinking strictly in terms of 21DF). I don't think in terms of calories OR containers. I think "I get 4 servings of protein a day, 2 servings of starch/grains, 2 servings of fruits, etc." THAT is what the 21 DF has done for me that I was struggling to wrap my brain around...how many servings of each type of food I need a day and how big is a serving...for weight loss and for maintenance.

The It Works Wraps are Saran Wrap. They're stupid. I've never seen something more hokey in my entire life.
  • raschumacher
    raschumacher Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I drink Shakeology and do a lot of the videos. I do think out of a lot of the proteins shakes out there it is better quality, but the price reflects that. It's helped me overcome all the Halloween junk/candy I still have in my house and keeps me fuller. Love the workouts as I can do them in my home at my own convenience. :)
  • krissy5686
    krissy5686 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    I happen to like *some* of the Beachbody workouts. Shaun T happens to be a good personality fit for me, and I've kept Insanity Max 30 on regular rotation. But yes, all the ads for Shakeology and their other supplements get old.