protein bars for breakfast....

Options
so basically ive recently been getting up at 530 every morning to go to the gym before school. im loving it but now i dont have time for breakfast at home so i would like to get a protein bar or something that i could eat for breakfast. something that is healthy and will help promote weight loss. does anyone have any ideas on good ones or alternative ideas for breakfast on the go? thanks in advance.

Replies

• tlzidon
    tlzidon Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    I like the Fiber One bars for a quick alternative. Another thing I will do is mix a smoothie in the morning. You could have most of the ingredients in the blender in the fridge and just add the ice before blending. I drink mine on the way to work and usually have it finished by the time I get there. I will also sometimes just grab a hard boiled egg and toast for something quick.

Like you, I have been getting up early to get my exercise out of the way while my kids are still sleeping and I have to get them ready to leave for the day.

Looking forward to what others have to say though too.
  • lclarkjr
    lclarkjr Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    Another good option is greek yogurt and fresh fruit such as a banana. Easy to take on the go.
  • donnaeve8
    donnaeve8 Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    Love the Special K bars and South Beach protein bars! I just can't eat that much in the morning and these are perfect for me. BTW, haven't been able to find the South Beach Bars in awhile...
  • christinaincamo
    Options
    Fiber one and the like are glorified candy bars. Check out questproteinbar.com They were recommended to me. Yes you pay more but its so much better for you and they are actually good. I eat one just about every day.
  • a_q_u_a_lizard
    Options
    thanks for all the info ..i will have to check some of this stuff out=)
  • kdiamond
    kdiamond Posts: 3,329 Member
    Options
    Think Thin are gluten free, 230 calories, 20 grams of protein and no sugar. These are my go-to when I have no time.
  • KevDaniel
    KevDaniel Posts: 449 Member
    Options
    I do the same thing for breakfast, I eat the Cliff "Builder" Bars - Peanut Butter, I eat half before my workout and half after.. They keep me feeling energized and full until later in the day.
  • kensky
    kensky Posts: 472 Member
    Options
    I like Think Thin bars too! (Though the name makes me gag.) They are very good for what they are.
  • helloiloveukitty
    helloiloveukitty Posts: 448 Member
    Options
    Think Thin are gluten free, 230 calories, 20 grams of protein and no sugar. These are my go-to when I have no time.

these, they are awesome
  • ImperfektAngel
    ImperfektAngel Posts: 811 Member
    Options
    why dont you make your breakfast the night before, will save you time in the am
  • Thriceshy
    Thriceshy Posts: 707 Member
    Options
    I have a Clif Builder's Bar or a Luna Bar every morning for breakfast--it fills me, doesn't mess with my blood sugar, and satisfies any candy/chocolate cravings while giving me a nice dose of protein, fiber, and various other nutrients. I prefer the Builder's Bar Mint Chocolate, which makes me very, very happy!

Kris
  • Thriceshy
    Thriceshy Posts: 707 Member
    Options
    I do the same thing for breakfast, I eat the Cliff "Builder" Bars - Peanut Butter, I eat half before my workout and half after.. They keep me feeling energized and full until later in the day.

Do you get them from Amazon? We have a "subscribe and save" deal going on with Amazon, so it's only $15 for a box of 12, with no shipping charge.

Had one for breakfast this morning :-)

Kris
  • ImperfektAngel
    ImperfektAngel Posts: 811 Member
    Options
    I have a Clif Builder's Bar or a Luna Bar every morning for breakfast--it fills me, doesn't mess with my blood sugar, and satisfies any candy/chocolate cravings while giving me a nice dose of protein, fiber, and various other nutrients. I prefer the Builder's Bar Mint Chocolate, which makes me very, very happy!

Kris

I tried a Luna bar the other day, very good! :D
  • JMun
    JMun Posts: 409
    Options
    I like Isoflex.

30 grams of protein for 320 calories.
  • tmontgomery69
    Options

I LOVE Think Thin bars!!!!!! MMMMMMM! =)
  • jamie1888
    jamie1888 Posts: 1,704 Member
    Options
    I just found my new favorite bars... Quest Bars! Vanilla Almond Crunch = YUM!!
    200 cals
    20g protein
    1g sugar
    22g carbs - 18g fiber = 4 net carbs
    Gluten free
  • sweetsapphire85
    Options

Kris

I tried a Luna bar the other day, very good! :D

I eat the luna bars, the lemon zest one is my favorite!
  • toots99
    toots99 Posts: 3,794 Member
    Options
    I like the Muscle Milk Light - Chocolate Peanut Caramel Protein Bar...a bit pricey, $9 for a box of 6, but when you think about it as being 1.50 a bar, it's not bad. And it's pretty filling too!
  • laughingdani
    laughingdani Posts: 2,275 Member
    Options
    Luna Bars (the texture is kind of like a choc. covered rice crispy treat IMO)
    Lara Bars (amazing!! kind of have a cakey texture)
    Clif Builder's Bars (good for chocolate cravings and high in protein)
    Clif Bars Original (more like a granola bar, come in lots of yummy flavors)
    Mojo Bars by Clif (similar to the builder bars but some have nuts, fruit or pretzels in the bar)

I have tried all of these and love them all! I get them at Wal-Mart or Target.
  • LeonaB17
    LeonaB17 Posts: 304
    Options
    Love the Special K bars and South Beach protein bars! I just can't eat that much in the morning and these are perfect for me. BTW, haven't been able to find the South Beach Bars in awhile...

I love the south beach bars too! The oatmeal raisin is my fave. I thought they quit making them too but they just changed names and now labeled as SnackWell's - they have them at my local wal mart where the south beach bars used to be. They are the same exact thing just different packaging and different name.