Newbie looking for encouragement!

Options
Hi! My name's Amanda, I've only been in MFP for a week but I'm already obsessed! It's my new facebook. Everyone here seems really motivated! I'm 5'3" with about 8 more pounds to lose, maybe more once I reach my goal weight of 124. If there's anyone out there who is also petite and know how difficult it can be to lose weight at this size, feel free to add me!

Replies

• FutureMrsBryant
    Options
    You can do this girl! Just keep up with your tracking and know that when you "cheat" on your meals just make it up in exercise!! I ate Buffalo Wild Wings last night and totally blew out of my limit! So my Fiance and went to the YMCA and worked our butts off!!

GOod luck girl!
  • GreenGettingLean
    GreenGettingLean Posts: 252 Member
    Options
    Haha that's so funny - BWW is my BIGGEST guilty pleasure! One is about to open about 20 mins from my house, I'm a little nervous about it...
  • FutureMrsBryant
    Options
    OH mine too!! It was 1002 calories just for 6 wings, ranch, celery and a corono light bottle.

SO I went to the gym last night lol.
  • GreenGettingLean
    Options
    yikes...who would've thought 1002 calories? good for you for making it to the gym afterwards!
  • jolieblossom
    Options
    Hey Amanda! I'm not in the same weight area you are, I would like to be but I have a ways to get there. I just wanted to tell you to hang in there, and keep up with working out and drink lots of water. Don't be too hard on yourself, and just make it a lifestyle change rather than a period of dieting/exercising or it will come back. You can do it, just try to change your work outs and challenge your body!

-Jolie
  • GreenGettingLean
    Options
    Thanks jolieblossom! Good ideas, I've learned in the past week that foods I always thought were reasonably healthy are definitely NOT. And upping my water intake has helped a lot with hunger throughout the day. As for the workouts, I'm pretty limited with what I can do, due to a dislocated hip that I've had since I was born. It's fixed now, but on doctor's orders I'm basically limited to cycling and swimming. Thankfully I LOVE both!
  • jolieblossom
    Options
    You are welcome! That must be hard but swimming is a fantastic workout.:-) I like to research good foods atleast once a week.and try different ways to make them. It keeps it fun.:)