Favorite protein bars

2»

Replies

• hbarnes1216
    hbarnes1216 Posts: 65 Member
    I've been eating the Pure Protein Chocolate Peanut Butter. 200 calories, 20g of protein and 2g of sugar. Not too bad!
  • EDollah
    EDollah Posts: 464 Member
    Here is my post from this thread - http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10456479/protein-bar-questions/p1

I do want to make an addendum to it since I've tried the Kirkland bars after I wrote that post. I definitely like them for taste and numbers, love them for the price. I'll probably make these my go-to absent some significant sale I find to make another cost competitive.
    I've tried pretty much every brand I've ever seen for protein bars. Quest is rather average, maybe a notch above average. For that particular brand, Cookies & Cream is my preference.

MP Combat Crunch is by far #1 for me. Cinnamon Twist, Chocolate Cake, and Chocolate Peanut Butter are notable.

I recently tried the brand B UP and rather liked the bars I bought. This brand looks like it has the highest fibre content (20 g typically) in this category.

I dig MuscleTech Mission1 bars.

Pretty good, but not notably so - FitJoy, Oh Yeah One, Quest.

Meh - Power Crunch, Robert Irvine's Fitcrunch, Ahhhnald's bar (whatever it's called), Think Thin tastes ok but has mediocre macros/calorie.

Pure Protein is good but provides very little fibre compared to the others listed. I see they have a product called "Pure Protein Plus" that does offer decent fibre (15ish g), but I haven't tried this yet. If it tastes as good as the regular bars, then I'd move them up.

Awful, awful, awful and should never be consumed by humans ever - BPI Protein Bars. I don't know how these ever left some taste tester's approval.

One note I'd like to add is that many of these products are cost prohibitive from a brick & mortar store. I buy in bulk online from whoever has a great sale and it makes a big difference. If you walk into a GNC, the Combat Crunch bars will cost at least $30 USD (whatever that converts to in your currency) but I end up paying around $20 a box, including s&h.
  • VeganRaptor
    VeganRaptor Posts: 164 Member
    I love Clif bars :heart:
  • PriceK01
    PriceK01 Posts: 834 Member
    TR0berts wrote: »
    PriceK01 wrote: »
    MJFSH wrote: »
    Pure protein. Yummy. 20 g protein 180 cals

The dark chocolate almond is to die for :D

Did you mean Dark Chocolate Coconut?

Or is there an inside joke that I'm missing?

Or am I just in line for a "whoooooooosh?"

Nope, Dark Chocolate & Almond.
  • jopalis
    jopalis Posts: 238 Member
    Robert Irvine's Fit Crunch bars...chocolate peanut butter are FANTASTIC. 190 calories and 16g of protein.
  • canadianlbs
    canadianlbs Posts: 5,199 Member
    there's a brand called temple available here that i don't mind. only had the coconut one though.

most of the ones that i've tried have been sort of . . . weird.