Runner looking for other runners

Options
Hi! I joined MFP 4 years ago, dropped 60 lbs and started running. I've maintained that lost for a while but managed to gain 10 lbs back in the past year while training for long distances races. Some people call it "the endurance 10''.

So I'm back on MFP trying to figure out a way to drop that 10 lbs because 1) I don't like how I look and 2) It sure doesn't help running when you have an extra 10 lbs to carry around.

I lost all of my friends when I closed my last account and I would like to have some other friends around. I think it helps me stay accountable!

I'm looking forward to meeting you :smile:

Replies

• RunsWithBees
    RunsWithBees Posts: 1,508 Member
    Options
    Hello! Trail runner here, feel free to add me! I used to be obese, I lost 43 lbs, started running and gained 13 back, lost 8 of those so I just have 5 lbs to go!
  • socialdchic
    socialdchic Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    New runner here, I am doing a training app to get me to run all the time instead of run/walk/run/walk but I am averaging around 4-5 runs a week if I can get it in :)
  • Nikk800
    Nikk800 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Semi-new runner..usually run about 3-4 times a week..hoping to start up daily running though :)
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    I'm a runner... got a PB yesterday racing a 10k, sore legs today!
  • Aerocrazd
    Aerocrazd Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    Hey! I became a runner after I lost about 150 pounds (down 173 pounds now) and now I'm hooked! I still have a few vanity pounds to lose so I'm in no hurry. Add me if you like. I love to read and talk about running.
  • pdo27789
    pdo27789 Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    I'd love to have more runner friends! I have some awesome friends already, but the more the merrier, especially people who run.

I'm a new runner - week two, day one of c25k this morning, but I'm loving it so far!!! Walking had been the primary exercise for the first 34lbs lost. I still have about 50 or so to go.
  • chaney3000
    chaney3000 Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    Hi. I'm a runner. Been running for years now.

Add me as a friend.

Better nutrition is the key to maintaining you weight.
  • Misssynth
    Misssynth Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    I'm a fairly new runner, training for my first 5k right now. I may be new but I'm a little bit obsessed (and frustrated that progress takes time! ). I've only just started using MFP again after a few years of not so anyone is welcome to add me!
  • Joanna2012B
    Joanna2012B Posts: 1,448 Member
    Options
    I run 3-4 days a week! I am not a long distance runner...yet! I also cross train!! So running is not my only passion....I love to cycle too!!
  • katharmonic
    katharmonic Posts: 5,720 Member
    Options
    Look under the Challenges subforum - there is a monthly running challenge and you'll find lots of runners there!
  • girlinahat
    girlinahat Posts: 2,956 Member
    Options
    New runner here, I am doing a training app to get me to run all the time instead of run/walk/run/walk but I am averaging around 4-5 runs a week if I can get it in :)

generally the recommendation for a new runner is to run no more than 3 times a week. Your body will thank you for it as you need recovery time. Having a recovery day, maybe even one where you cross-train will allow you to be fresher for your next run and make your a better runner.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    Hi! I joined MFP 4 years ago, dropped 60 lbs and started running. I've maintained that lost for a while but managed to gain 10 lbs back in the past year while training for long distances races. Some people call it "the endurance 10''.

So I'm back on MFP trying to figure out a way to drop that 10 lbs because 1) I don't like how I look and 2) It sure doesn't help running when you have an extra 10 lbs to carry around.

I lost all of my friends when I closed my last account and I would like to have some other friends around. I think it helps me stay accountable!

I'm looking forward to meeting you :smile:

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/94-long-distance-runners
  • TravisJHunt
    TravisJHunt Posts: 533 Member
    Options
    I've done a few 10ks. Feel free to add me if you'd like.
  • Stoshew71
    Stoshew71 Posts: 6,553 Member
    Options
    Look under the Challenges subforum - there is a monthly running challenge and you'll find lots of runners there!

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10474554/november-2016-running-challenge

We don't bite. We are actually a fun and encouraging group of runners. Some of us do some amazing running, but many of us are just beginning the running journey. But we all started from the same place. Check us out.
  • Mike_take2
    Mike_take2 Posts: 2,150 Member
    Options
    Exact same thing happened to me, which is why i came back...I had lost 183 pounds( approximately) then started running including marathons...sadly, I discovered that in the last two years I gained back 22 pounds! That was 5 months ago, came back to mfp, logged (and continue to do so) everything I do and eat and have managed to lose 26 pounds! I can say confidently that I am in the best shape of my life!
  • ontosinc297
    ontosinc297 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    I actually hate running most of the time but I've found that as I get older the only way to keep the pounds off is to run regularly. I enjoy it when I actually get out there but it's the getting out there that is the problem. I'd love more runner friends for some motivation. I'll send you a friend request. Anyway out one else is free to add me as well!