Help

Options
Hi I started back up today. MY first day is over but I'm so hungry. I've stayed within my 1,200 calories. Should I increase my calories or will I get used to it? ANY help guys? thanks

Replies

• kschwab0203
    kschwab0203 Posts: 610 Member
    Options
    I had to change my weekly goal from 2lbs per week to 1 lb per week as 1200 was too low for me. Personally, if I am miserable and hungry then I'll just end up binge eating because I restricted too much. I am now at 1450 per day which is very doable and I am still losing....slowly but surely.

How much are you trying to lose?

What is your activity level?
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    What are your stats? Presumably you set mfp to lose 2lb per week? How much do you have to lose?
  • EmmaMcwhinnie
    EmmaMcwhinnie Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    My target is 1350 a day and at the beginning I was STARVING!!! I could have killed for bread or chocolate!

This will pass, and you will get better at picking low calories foods that fill you up more. I like to have lots of different things in my lunch, kids my stomach into thinking I'm eating more. Seems to be working so far :)
  • NewGemini130
    NewGemini130 Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    You can set your loss pace slower, give that a few weeks and see how you're doing. For me though I'm on 1200- and it did take a bit of adjustment- maybe 3-5 days? Now I'm in a groove and don't mind it. If I am really hungry I go over by 100-200, but usually don't need to.
  • mysteps2beauty
    mysteps2beauty Posts: 494 Member
    Options
    It took a week for me to get use to not eating as much as I had. I was overeating by 2,000 to 3,000 every day. :( So it was a shock to my system. Now, I have a couple of days where I don't even eat all the calories I'm allotted daily. Saturday, I just nibbled on some lean protein throughout the day, drank water and tea. I have tried intermittent fasting (I don't eat or drink anything after 10pm until 12pm the next day). Seems to help me curb my appetite.

Hard to imaging but you will get the hang of it too, though like other said, maybe start off at 1 lb loss per week goal, instead of 2. Just keep coming back here...read the success stories too. Inspiration makes the hunger pains tolerable. :)
  • leanjogreen18
    leanjogreen18 Posts: 2,492 Member
    Options
    I'm on 1250 calories as a daily average and these are things that keep me full...

Protein, Fiber, full fat, water, 7-8 hrs of sleep to keep stress hormone at bay which makes you hungrier

If these things don't work then I would up the calories a bit as others have mentioned.
  • zoey21814
    zoey21814 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I had to change my weekly goal from 2lbs per week to 1 lb per week as 1200 was too low for me. Personally, if I am miserable and hungry then I'll just end up binge eating because I restricted too much. I am now at 1450 per day which is very doable and I am still losing....slowly but surely.

I want to loose 2 stone. I do the school run once a day as my partner picks my daughter back up x
  • zoey21814
    Options
    zoey21814 wrote: »

I want to loose 2 stone. I do the school run once a day as my partner picks my daughter back up x

So not very active x
  • zoey21814
    Options
    What are your stats? Presumably you set mfp to lose 2lb per week? How much do you have to lose?

I am 4ft11 I am 11st 12. I did set it at 1.5lb a week but still gave me 1,200 calories. I want to loose about 2 stone x
  • zoey21814
    Options
    I was thinking of maybe having 3 little meals a day. I eat my lunch and half hour later I'm hungry again same after tea. I don't eat breakfast because I wouldn't have enough calories to. MY tea time meal takes up alot of my calories. Could do with some low calorie idea's on meals
  • Alarae21
    Alarae21 Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    I am 5'3 and started at 12 stone 10. I'm now 9 stone (ish).

For the majority of my journey my goal has been set to 1200 due to lack of day to day activity. I 'earned' extra calories through exercise.

In the beginning it was tough, but it got so much easier after a few days. My own willpower is what kept me going for the most part, but if you got to snack, you got to snack! Just try and make it fit your calorie goals ;)
  • Seffell
    Seffell Posts: 2,222 Member
    Options
    My goal is to eat as MUCH as possible and still lose. Not as little as possible. It is slower but I don't mind as long as I'm never hungry.
  • VintageFeline
    VintageFeline Posts: 6,771 Member
    Options
    You only have 28lbs to lose, set your goal to 1lb per week though in all honesty, with you being so petite and sedentary, 1200 probably is actually appropriate for you. The good news is, if you up your activity you can eat some of those "earned" calories back.
  • VintageFeline
    VintageFeline Posts: 6,771 Member
    Options
    Oh and check skinnytaste, a great resource for tasty lower calorie meals.