How much weight are you looking to lose?

Options
Just wondering what everyones goals are and how many times a week you are currently or planning on working out to get there.

I'm looking to lose 100lbs and am aiming for 4-5 days at the gym for 45mins to an hour and yoga on days off.

Replies

• avskk
    avskk Posts: 1,789 Member
    Options
    I don't have an ultimate goal. Right now I'm trying to get below 250; once I achieve that I'll be shooting for under 200. I have no plans after that. I'm not working out at all right now, because the weight I'm carrying combined with scleroderma and an injury make it too painful. I'm going to start walking once I've lost 10-15 more pounds, probably 3-5 times per week.
  • Cherimoose
    Cherimoose Posts: 5,209 Member
    edited November 2016
    Options
    I'm not currently trying to lose, but when i do, it happens from eating the right number of calories for my activity level. My weight doesn't influence my fitness program, which is strength training 3x a week, and some cardio or agility drills on most non-lifting days. :+1:
  • Chadxx
    Chadxx Posts: 1,199 Member
    Options
    I hit a high of 328 and I will get to around 195 or so. I was at 232 this morning. I lift weights and do cardio up to 4 times a week depending on work but working out is for fitness. Eating right is for losing weight.
  • shadow2soul
    shadow2soul Posts: 7,692 Member
    Options
    For me working out improves my mood, relieves stress, makes everyday life easier, and makes staying in a deficit slightly easier.

Weight loss for me always comes down to making sure I'm in a deficit.

That said when I wasn't working, I would workout 5-6 days a week with my main focus being strength training.
    Now I am down to 2-3 days a week with a job that keeps me on my feet and moving all day.

I started as needing to lose over 100 lbs. I am currently working on about 8 lbs that I regained due to poor logging. (From 260 lbs to 122 lbs to 130 lbs)
  • Cerealsensei
    Cerealsensei Posts: 1,625 Member
    Options
    Shooting to lose 80 lbs so i can get down to 200, got about 60 more lbs to go. I normally workout 3-4 days a week between 30-45 minutes.
  • hiyaitschloe_x
    hiyaitschloe_x Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I've lost 19 pounds so far and I'm looking to lose another 25. I'm not doing exercise at the moment and when I do it'll only be toning - not cardio.
  • alyssa0061
    alyssa0061 Posts: 652 Member
    Options
    I have lost 122 pounds. I have 101 more to lose before I contemplate a lower goal. I do no deliberate exercise other than walking and consciously moving more throughout the day. A few months into my weight loss quest I went from a fairly active job to a completely sedentary one. I joined a gym a couple months ago but haven't gone yet. To be honest, I may just cancel the membership.
  • HaleCry
    HaleCry Posts: 387 Member
    Options
    I have currently lost 22lbs (181-159). I'm hoping to be at 150lbs by the new year (9lbs to lose) and then lose a further 8lbs to be at a healthy BMI by my birthday on February which is my first goal (142lbs). So I would have lost 39lbs all together by then, then I will reevaluate.
  • LAWoman72
    LAWoman72 Posts: 2,846 Member
    edited November 2016
    Options
    I think 80 lbs., but I'll see when I get there. I may want to go lower.

So far out of that, I've lost just under 50 lbs. In 30 more lbs. I'll be in the low 130s. I may try to break under 130. We will see. I keep reading about how haggard the face can get past a certain age with bigger losses and though this sounds vain and yes, I get that physical/bodily health is more important, if I start to look mummified I may cut things off at 130.

I am female and 5'1", 49 years old.
  • MsNaz786
    MsNaz786 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I lost 6 pounds and would like to lose another 20 pounds.
  • Mary_Anastasia
    Mary_Anastasia Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    I hit a high of 259 (for the second time in my life) this year, and my goal is 100lbs. I'm 221 now and hoping to get to 205ish by new years. I'm not exercising, but had a pretty active lifestyle until 2 weeks ago, when I started working 10hrs/day at a desk, so now I'll have to start going to the gym, I'm planning on 3x a week. If I can get under 200 it will be the first time since I was 13.
  • NewGemini130
    NewGemini130 Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    I've lost 40 of 70. I brisk walk every day for 45 min, and lap swim maybe 2-3 times a month.
  • crzycatlady1
    crzycatlady1 Posts: 1,930 Member
    Options
    Lost 50lbs and have been in maintenance for a few years now. Exercise was not a factor in my weight loss phase and it's not a factor in my maintenance plan now. I control my weight by calorie intake/food.
  • SCoil123
    SCoil123 Posts: 2,108 Member
    Options
    I came here to lose 30lb and Im halfway there
  • zarzawoman125
    zarzawoman125 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I've lost 23 of 96 lbs. I plan on doing C25K and yoga 5x a week
  • babybear_mt
    babybear_mt Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    I've lost almost 35 (ish) of 66. SW 216, CW 181-184, Possible GW 150. I might walk 2-3 times a week and maybe do an exercise video once or twice. I'm a stay-at-home mom, so everything I do depends on whether little man cooperates or not! :-)
  • everher
    everher Posts: 909 Member
    Options
    I'm looking to lose about 70lbs. I exercise 5x a week before work at the gym for 45 minutes a day.
  • cupcakekssees
    cupcakekssees Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I'm going for 30 lbs by exercising and not eating everything