Calorie limit

Options
Nicole_kayy
Nicole_kayy Posts: 88 Member
edited November 2016 in Health and Weight Loss
My calorie limit is around 1700-ish and it seems like I go over by about 100 everyday. How do I keep from doing that? I feel like the calorie goal MFP gives me is reasonable but I'm still struggling. I'm 5'7 and 240 if that helps clear anything up.

Replies

• malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,564 Member
    Options
    Prelog your meals, or add in a bit more exercise
  • jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member
    Options
    How long have you been trying to hit 1700? Are you losing weight?
  • Nicole_kayy
    Nicole_kayy Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Since I started, which was 28 days ago.
    The first week I was under the limit a bit and lost 10 pounds in that one week. My weight hasn't changed an ounce since that week.
  • amarya2012
    amarya2012 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I would up exercise a little more. A lot of people do not know this, but you actually burn calories while you are sleeping. You can look up the information as to how many calories per hour. My phone actually has a log for when you sleep, and it tells you how many calories you burn. You can technically add this into the exercise portion if you want in order to keep from going over too much. Hope this helps...
  • lynn_glenmont
    lynn_glenmont Posts: 10,028 Member
    Options
    amarya2012 wrote: »
    I would up exercise a little more. A lot of people do not know this, but you actually burn calories while you are sleeping. You can look up the information as to how many calories per hour. My phone actually has a log for when you sleep, and it tells you how many calories you burn. You can technically add this into the exercise portion if you want in order to keep from going over too much. Hope this helps...

No, don't do this. MFP has already included the calories you burn while sleeping in calculating your calorie goal.
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 25,250 Member
    Options
    My calorie limit is around 1700-ish and it seems like I go over by about 100 everyday. How do I keep from doing that? I feel like the calorie goal MFP gives me is reasonable but I'm still struggling. I'm 5'7 and 240 if that helps clear anything up.

Go for a 30 minute walk ... that'll take care of those 100 cal.

Also, it does help to Prelog.

And another little tip ... spend some time browsing through your grocery store looking at calorie counts. Chances are you can find something that's a few less calories than what you're currently buying. Replace several items with lower calorie choices and all of a sudden ... you're under.
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,564 Member
    Options
    amarya2012 wrote: »

Yeah, that's mostly your BMR and already accounted for
  • JcMey3r
    JcMey3r Posts: 431 Member
    Options
    Try and eat foods that make you feel fuller for longer. Keep a good eye on your calories and up the exercise.
  • stephi9
    stephi9 Posts: 417 Member
    Options
    My calorie goal they gave me is 1,410 I'm trying to stick with it today so far so good!!! I just been checking the calories and opting for something low calories for a snack and smaller amounts also keeping myself busy so I don't pick during the day good luck
  • JeromeBarry1
    JeromeBarry1 Posts: 10,181 Member
    Options
    Make a few small changes. 100 calories isn't much.