Just had a baby and want to lose weight...

Options
kimbertran
kimbertran Posts: 7 Member
edited November 2016 in Motivation and Support
Hi everyone, I just had a baby and want to shed a tons of pound. I'm 5.3 and currently weighted 145. My goal is to get back to 110. I'm looking for a few MFP working out partner who I can report my daily eating and workout activities. Care to join? Add me so we can keep each other motivated. :)

Replies

• KaitieBug
    KaitieBug Posts: 559 Member
    Options
    I also just had a baby (2 mos ago today!) and am ready to begin losing the excess weight! I'm 5'2, need to replace scale batteries, lol, goal weight is 120. I'll send you a friend request!
  • KaitieBug
    Options
    Also would love to have an accountability/challenge type group of anyone is interested!
  • CaraRahl
    CaraRahl Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    I've got to wait until my boy is born (due in 2 weeks but Dr says he could arrive any day now) but I'll be up for this too, I'm 5'7", goal weight of 135. I've heard that breastfeeding burns calories which is awesome, and I can't wait to get back to the HIIT and strength workouts I enjoyed doing until they got too awkward
  • Chef_Barbell
    Chef_Barbell Posts: 6,644 Member
    Options
    I'll be here soon... Going in tomorrow for surgery! :) I plan on taking it slow and steady and letting my body heal and enjoying my baby as much as possible. It took 9 months after all.
  • HappyAnna2014
    HappyAnna2014 Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    BREASTFEEDING, that is the answer. I gained 36 lbs during pregnancy, and lost 50 lbs (which actually made me underweight) within 3 months of his birth, without even trying. I ate whatever I wanted, didn't work out...but I breastfed...I think that is the key. At least is was for me. Good luck!! You can do this!! (So why I am here, you ask? When I was in my mid-30's I started eating lots more and moving lots less, and the whole getting older thing hit me...but I'm here now, and getting the weight off for the last time!!)
  • TJBzMom
    TJBzMom Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I'm 5 foot 3, 35 years old and have 25 to 30 pounds Left to Lose after having my son 14 months ago. I gained 80 pounds while being pregnant, and need to be held accountable to lose the weight. Please add me. The more the merrier!
  • chalender2010
    chalender2010 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I breastfed but wasn't that lucky. I'm 24 lbs down and 30 more to go! I workout 5x a week's doing T25 . I started a group on fb but if course no one is positive on there. Need a friend on thus journey? Just add me =)
  • emmalvale
    emmalvale Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Ooh i'ma add some of you mommas! I have a 3 month old and 4 y/o and love hearing about how other mommas maintain a healthy lifestyle with kiddos. Or incorporate them in excercise!
  • kimbertran
    Options
    KaitieBug wrote: »
    I also just had a baby (2 mos ago today!) and am ready to begin losing the excess weight! I'm 5'2, need to replace scale batteries, lol, goal weight is 120. I'll send you a friend request!

Hahaha...how funny. My baby is 2 months too. She was born on Sept. 1st. Let's do this!!
  • kimbertran
    Options
    BREASTFEEDING, that is the answer. I gained 36 lbs during pregnancy, and lost 50 lbs (which actually made me underweight) within 3 months of his birth, without even trying. I ate whatever I wanted, didn't work out...but I breastfed...I think that is the key. At least is was for me. Good luck!! You can do this!! (So why I am here, you ask? When I was in my mid-30's I started eating lots more and moving lots less, and the whole getting older thing hit me...but I'm here now, and getting the weight off for the last time!!)

Wow...that is amazing!! Unfortunately, I don't breastfeed this time around for many reason. Thanks for the motivation! You can do this!! You did it before, you can do it again. :)
  • kimbertran
    Options
    CaraRahl wrote: »
    I've got to wait until my boy is born (due in 2 weeks but Dr says he could arrive any day now) but I'll be up for this too, I'm 5'7", goal weight of 135. I've heard that breastfeeding burns calories which is awesome, and I can't wait to get back to the HIIT and strength workouts I enjoyed doing until they got too awkward

How exciting!! He's gonna be here anytime now. Have a smooth deliver my dear. :)
  • kimbertran
    Options
    I'll be here soon... Going in tomorrow for surgery! :) I plan on taking it slow and steady and letting my body heal and enjoying my baby as much as possible. It took 9 months after all.

Good luck on your surgery! Wishing you a speed recovery. :)
  • kimbertran
    Options
    TJBzMom wrote: »
    I'm 5 foot 3, 35 years old and have 25 to 30 pounds Left to Lose after having my son 14 months ago. I gained 80 pounds while being pregnant, and need to be held accountable to lose the weight. Please add me. The more the merrier!

Let's do this together!! We can do this!!! :)
  • kimbertran
    Options
    I breastfed but wasn't that lucky. I'm 24 lbs down and 30 more to go! I workout 5x a week's doing T25 . I started a group on fb but if course no one is positive on there. Need a friend on thus journey? Just add me =)

Wow, you're inspiring me. Keep it up!!! Can you please share what you do on the T25? Love to learn a few tips here and there. We all can do this together. Let's hold each other accountable. :)
  • isthatpoisontoo
    isthatpoisontoo Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Me, too. I have a six week old. It's so much harder to eat healthily or work out while looking after a baby, but I'm trying. Add me!
  • chandraminick
    chandraminick Posts: 452 Member
    Options

You can join my t25 support group. We are only on alpha day 7. It is guaranteed that you will see active postings every day, and only positive momentum. Search focus t25 support group November 2016. Im going all the way to gamma, and all of you can join that want to be in a group where someone is gonna stick it out all the way!
  • chandraminick
    edited November 2016
    Options
    KaitieBug wrote: »
    Also would love to have an accountability/challenge type group of anyone is interested!]

Lucky you, here I am! You can join my t25 support group. We are only on alpha day 7. It is guaranteed that you will see active postings every day, and only positive momentum. Search focus t25 support group November 2016. Im going all the way to gamma, and all of you can join that want to be in a group where someone is gonna stick it out all the way!
  • chandraminick
    Options
    kimbertran wrote: »
    Hi everyone, I just had a baby and want to shed a tons of pound. I'm 5.3 and currently weighted 145. My goal is to get back to 110. I'm looking for a few MFP working out partner who I can report my daily eating and workout activities. Care to join? Add me so we can keep each other motivated. :)
    You can join my t25 support group. We are only on alpha day 7. It is guaranteed that you will see active postings every day, and only positive momentum. Search focus t25 support group November 2016. Im going all the way to gamma, and all of you can join that want to be in a group where someone is gonna stick it out all the way!
  • trigden1991
    trigden1991 Posts: 4,658 Member
    Options
    A calorie deficit is all you need to succeed.
  • KaitieBug
    Options

That's awesome Anna!! I'm breastfeeding too but I still eat too much