Flabby arms workouts

Options
Jellyphant
Jellyphant Posts: 1,400 Member
OK, so I really need my arms to be less flabby by the second week of August! A few weeks away.

So, if I'm already doing a regime of a 10 min warmup, approx. 15-20 minutes of various weight lifting machines using my stomach, arms and legs, approx 20-30 minutes of cardio, a cooldown, then MORE weights, what else can I do to target my arms and get them shrinking faster, if anything?
(This workout I do approximately takes an hour and burned 500+ cals using a HRM)

Please help! D: I really don't wanna wear spaghetti straps on the beach with my arms in this state! </3!!

Replies

• schninie82
    schninie82 Posts: 502 Member
    Options
    Planks!!!
  • JennaM222
    JennaM222 Posts: 1,996 Member
    Options
    free weights with arms - google it and you will come by many various work outs you can do with free weights. good luck! I hate my flabby arms too ;(
  • shelli1982
    shelli1982 Posts: 133
    Options
    tricep kickbacks!
  • StacLegg
    StacLegg Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    free weights, planks and push ups !!
  • Pam37841
    Pam37841 Posts: 286
    Options
    OK, so I really need my arms to be less flabby by the second week of August! A few weeks away.

So, if I'm already doing a regime of a 10 min warmup, approx. 15-20 minutes of various weight lifting machines using my stomach, arms and legs, approx 20-30 minutes of cardio, a cooldown, then MORE weights, what else can I do to target my arms and get them shrinking faster, if anything?
    (This workout I do approximately takes an hour and burned 500+ cals using a HRM)

Please help! D: I really don't wanna wear spaghetti straps on the beach with my arms in this state! </3!!

Do a web search for Triceps exercises. Those exercises target the back of the arm.
  • sagisun1969
    Options
    I use a resistance band to work out my tricepts and it has gotten rid of my 'batwings' :)
  • godblessourhome
    godblessourhome Posts: 3,892 Member
    Options
    push-ups!
  • Colfiii
    Colfiii Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    planks planks planks
  • jwil1231
    jwil1231 Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    Hi Jellyphant!
    Love that name:smile: I'm looking for exercises for the same area--my flabby upper arm. My spouse has called it "the swag":ohwell: Yesterday I began working out with a 5 lb kettle ball. Information and pictures that came with it focus on total body but my arms were feeling the effort I put into it. Love the kettleball workout !! Anyway, I believe that it will help my arms.

I was told that the flabby upper arm area is a tough one to fix fast-I don't know that it's true but I kinda believe that it is. Rowing! I believe rowing is a great exercise for that area also I just don't know how fast the results will be visible.

Good luck. I don't know how to become friends on here, or if it is even possible but I'll check back with you if I find out anything that is a big spot helper for that area. If you find exercises that are great for that area would you post them? I can use all of the help I get:smile:

Love this site. Good luck and best wishes to you!
    ttfn, Okrabug
  • jwil1231
    jwil1231 Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    Awesome! I'm going to find out how to do this and try it. I'm just getting over a shoulder injury and don't want to re-jack that up but I've got to work on my flabby arms. Thanks.
  • RobinV_Seattle
    RobinV_Seattle Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    Bench dips and close-hand push ups are good ones you can do anywhewre!
  • Jellyphant
    Jellyphant Posts: 1,400 Member
    Options
    Hi Jellyphant!
    Love that name:smile: I'm looking for exercises for the same area--my flabby upper arm. My spouse has called it "the swag":ohwell: Yesterday I began working out with a 5 lb kettle ball. Information and pictures that came with it focus on total body but my arms were feeling the effort I put into it. Love the kettleball workout !! Anyway, I believe that it will help my arms.

I was told that the flabby upper arm area is a tough one to fix fast-I don't know that it's true but I kinda believe that it is. Rowing! I believe rowing is a great exercise for that area also I just don't know how fast the results will be visible.

Good luck. I don't know how to become friends on here, or if it is even possible but I'll check back with you if I find out anything that is a big spot helper for that area. If you find exercises that are great for that area would you post them? I can use all of the help I get:smile:

Love this site. Good luck and best wishes to you!
    ttfn, Okrabug
    I feel ya, I've never really paid any attention to my arms because I could always just cover them up, but I want an EVEN tan this summer! From all the tips from this post, I'm getting my google search going and looking into each of them, because I have no idea what planks are..
  • Pam37841
    Pam37841 Posts: 286
    Options
    Planks Rock and So Work!