Veggetti? Any experience.

Options
blastwvangel
blastwvangel Posts: 65 Member
I am thinking about purchasing a veggetti. Anyone have experience with this?

Replies

• Queenmunchy
    Queenmunchy Posts: 3,380 Member
    Options
    I have the paderno spiralizer. I've loved it for four years and bought four as gifts for others. Check out www.inspiralized.com for recipes.
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    I have one of the cheapo spiralizers that I use for zucchini and other softer veg. I like it a lot. I make spaghetti for dinner, mix mine 5/50 with zoodles and it's great. It also makes cool salads. I'm thinking of getting a better one for carrots and the like.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    I don't use mine anymore because it's such a pain to clean, and the larger zucchinis don't fit in it anyway.

I'd probably invest in a better one if I had to do it again (I don't really do noodles anymore though, it tastes the same if it's cut in chunks and sauteed!).
  • aliem
    aliem Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    I have an Inspiralizer. It's a little pricey, but it comes with a bunch of different plates so it has a bunch of uses. The larger plates are great a shredding a whole head of lettuce/cabbage in a few seconds for salad and slaws and the smaller plates can do ribbons, spaghetti or angel hair sizes. I really like it. I don't use it as much as I would like to, because I have really small counters, but when I get a larger kitchen, I will absolutely use it more!
  • maeggggan
    maeggggan Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    I have an attachment for my kitchen aid. I use it almost daily. I love spiralizing things :) haha
  • Mary_Anastasia
    Mary_Anastasia Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    I like my vegetti, it's a little harder to use than it looks, and carrots stained mine, but it makes making stir-fry and crafty veggie platters a lot easier.
  • cosmonew
    cosmonew Posts: 514 Member
    Options
    I had a cheap one, I finally threw it away, it was hard to use, wasted a lot of veggies and hard to clean. I LOVE spiralized zucchini but I can't even find zucchini in the store anymore. Now I just shred cabbage or use that broccoli slaw which is pre cut and bagged.
  • wonko221
    wonko221 Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    I bought the cheapo vegetti that looks like a pair of funnels attached at the narrow ends, and operates like a pencil sharpener. Nicked the heck out of my fingers, but i liked the results, so i bought the Paderno Spiralizer.

really like the spiralizer. It's much easier and faster to do quite a bit of work, compared to the vegetti, and has several options for the cutting blade, depending on which you buy.

I did ruin a blade spiralizing sweet potatoes - it's great on softer veggies, even white potatoes, but the sweet potato was too dense for it.
  • roge6158
    roge6158 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I have a veggetti and for me it works just fine. I use it about 1x every 2 weeks or so and make just a portion for me. I think anything more than that (like for a family or with tougher veggies), and it would be too much time and effort. You would want to use something else.