Fall Back meal schedule

Options
DD woke up two hours earlier for her feeding plus the Fall Back time difference and I am blazingly hungry two hours early. How are you logging your meals today? Should I eat an extra meal or skip my last meal?

Replies

• janiceclark08
    janiceclark08 Posts: 1,341 Member
    Options
    Log the amount of meals you normally eat, the time you eat, really don't matter. If you need to add a snack in.
  • Packerjohn
    Packerjohn Posts: 4,855 Member
    Options
    It's one hour. Won't hurt to be a bit hungry or eat next meal a bit earlier
  • Ming1951
    Ming1951 Posts: 514 Member
    Options
    I'm just eating like any other day. The past two days I've been feeling hungry, which I normally am not so I added a extra snack in and stayed within my calorie count.
  • hollyrayburn
    hollyrayburn Posts: 905 Member
    Options
    Like everyone else said, it's just one hour. And almost no one on this forum, myself included, has ever known what TRUE hunger is.

If you stayed up an hour later than normal one night, would you go fix an extra meal? I'd guess no.
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,981 Member
    Options
    My internal clock was telling me it was time to eat an hour earlier than the external clock, so we split the difference and ate a half hour earlier than the external clock.
  • Lounmoun
    Lounmoun Posts: 8,426 Member
    Options
    I haven't really had an issue with meal times today or being extra hungry.
    I've been tired though I didn't get up early. I took a nap after lunch today.

You could eat at maintenance level today.

• dragon_girl26
    dragon_girl26 Posts: 2,187 Member
    Options
    I think it affected my cats worse than it affected me, haha. They were ready for dinner at the usual time and weren't too happy about waiting...
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    I eat when I'm hungry and it varies from day to day, so... doesn't matter to me. I only had two meals today actually, which never happens.
  • alyssa0061
    alyssa0061 Posts: 652 Member
    Options
    It's........ an hour
  • pebble4321
    pebble4321 Posts: 1,132 Member
    Options
    Don't overthink it. Eat breakfast early, add an extra snack if you are hungry.... you'll work it out.

You title intrigued me though, I was trying to work out what a "fallback meal schedule" is, I've never heard that terminology before, but now I get it. We don't do daylight saving in my part of the world though some other states do. I routinely fly coast to coast and that currently means a three hour longer or shorter day depending on if I'm coming or going, you just have to adapt to what's happening in your day.

Really though I have more variation on weekend vs weekdays or when I'm away vs being at home, there's not many days that are exactly the same.
  • kikisf
    kikisf Posts: 58 Member
    edited November 2016
    Options
    Maybe some of you missed the part about the baby waking up 2hours early for her breastfeeding plus the fall back hour? I am up 2-3 hours early. Not one. Maybe I should have posted in a nursing mother thread.
  • janekana
    janekana Posts: 151 Member
    edited November 2016
    Options
    Just eat the meal sooner and have a little snack later on then. It's not too hard to accommodate or compensate if it's only 2-3 hours early.

There's no problem in eating meals early. I'm eating dinner right now an hour earlier than usual, and I doubt I'll get hungry before I need to go sleep.
  • SusanMFindlay
    SusanMFindlay Posts: 1,804 Member
    Options
    kikisf wrote: »
    Maybe some of you missed the part about the baby waking up 2hours early for her breastfeeding plus the fall back hour? I am up 2-3 hours early. Not one. Maybe I should have posted in a nursing mother thread.

Make today a maintenance day. Sometimes, babies are exhausting and a maintenance day never hurt anyone. That'll buy you an extra snack or two.
  • kikisf
    kikisf Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    kikisf wrote: »

Make today a maintenance day. Sometimes, babies are exhausting and a maintenance day never hurt anyone. That'll buy you an extra snack or two.

Thanks!
  • hollyrayburn
    hollyrayburn Posts: 905 Member
    Options
    Then it's three hours. You won't starve.
  • trigden1991
    trigden1991 Posts: 4,658 Member
    Options
    Why would being awake for 3 hours more mean you need to eat an extra meal?
  • SusanMFindlay
    SusanMFindlay Posts: 1,804 Member
    Options
    Have you guys actually been at home with a newborn? They're utterly exhausting. And, yes, three hours less sleep means you need extra energy from somewhere (especially since you're usually already sleep-deprived). And since she's breastfeeding, stimulants aren't an option.

So, why shouldn't she have a smaller-than-usual deficit on one day? Nobody's suggesting she eat over TDEE. Having higher and lower days is totally normal. Most people don't eat exactly the same calories every day.
  • SCoil123
    SCoil123 Posts: 2,108 Member
    Options
    Have you guys actually been at home with a newborn? They're utterly exhausting. And, yes, three hours less sleep means you need extra energy from somewhere (especially since you're usually already sleep-deprived). And since she's breastfeeding, stimulants aren't an option.

So, why shouldn't she have a smaller-than-usual deficit on one day? Nobody's suggesting she eat over TDEE. Having higher and lower days is totally normal. Most people don't eat exactly the same calories every day.

Single mom here so yes I have been home with a newborn and did it 100% on my own. I didn't need to add an extra meal if I woke up a few hours earlier. There were a few year where time to work out wasnt a thing and grabbing what was fast and easy to eat became the norm...lots of granola bars lol