Starting Over, does anyone want to join me? (Ealing Broadway/UK area)

Options
jon_f14
jon_f14 Posts: 15 Member
edited November 2016 in Getting Started
Hi everyone,

This time last year I was a regular user on here, I went from 0 to running 5k three times per week in 3 months and lost a load of weight. Since then I badly hurt my foot while running (ironic right :P) and have fallen off the horse massively.

I loved how much support I had from friends on here last time around and I would love to meet some people that are in a similar position for mutual encouragement.

I live in Ealing (West London) so if you live locally and fancy going for a run or table tennis then lets do it! :)

If anyone wants to stay in touch feel free to add me.

Jon

Replies

• Catticus107
    Catticus107 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hello Jon

I'm back on here after having great success losing weight earlier in the year. Since I stopped I have been gradually undoing all my hard work and it's quite distressing!

I realise keeping this diary is the only for sure way I would be able to lose the weight again. I'm finding it very hard to start all over again. I seem to keep logging my breakfast then fall off the waggon when it comes to evenings (particularly during these cold dark nights!).

I'm not close at all, so can't go for a run with you - but happy to check in with you for encouragement and support!

• LucasEVille
    LucasEVille Posts: 567 Member
    Options
    I've lived in Ealing Common, West Ealing and West Acton.
    Also had a similar story, ran 3 times a week but injured my knee and couldn't run for a long while and put some of the weight back on.

Now I'm living in Nottingham and cycle, swim, hike and run :smile:
  • BABYLILAC
    BABYLILAC Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    Hi Jon
    Welcome back , I don't live near you so I cant run with you :/
    Similar story lost weight , got excited ate and did not track my food did not exercise the weight piled back on .
    I have been consistently logging my food for a while now . Got really serious in July and I am still going strong now as a lifestyle not a diet .I eat everything in moderation you may see a MacD on my log sometimes ;)
    Log your food weather you have had a good or bad day and move forward .
    Also if there are times you are tired to run or in pain just walk .
    I will add you
  • A_day_closer_to_my_new_life
    Options
    Hi Jon, I've just added you. I'm from Yorkshire and totally can't run anyway haha, but would love another friend on here for motivation and support. I am starting today on mfp and have a long journey ahead but can't wait to get into it.