Harry Potter

Just saying, the last movie comes out tomorrow.

I am stricken with both terrible excitement and terrible grief.

Replies

• Twister19
    Twister19 Posts: 43 Member
    Me too!! It's over around the same time I graduated high school, it's like losing a friend...

But I'm so excited!! I was a little disappointed with the last one, but I'm sure this one will be great!
  • shelly650
    shelly650 Posts: 319
    O I know!! But I cant wait to see it!! Roll on Friday!! Woo!
  • Lunarokra
    Lunarokra Posts: 855 Member
    Yeah, I'm a bad one I didn't read the books but probably will after I watched all the movies.

I'm excited, I'm planning on taking my son to watch it Sunday!
  • rure13
    rure13 Posts: 86
    so excited, hopefully it's good
  • zml_mom
    zml_mom Posts: 270 Member
    have you read the books? the reason they split the movie into 2 was because the first half of the book is slow and boring just like the movie. but the 2nd half of the book is all action and a friend of` mine sister saw it already and said it was AMAZING
  • Bridge_CG
    Bridge_CG Posts: 429 Member
    When I read the last book, with every one that died, I cried like I knew each and every one of them... Like they were my best friends. I couldn't contain my grief in summer school classes. "Bridget, put that book away and don't tell me what happens!" That's what one of my professors told me- I never spoke a word to her about it, and we both cried at the end of the summer semester.
  • sjkcarter
    sjkcarter Posts: 417 Member
    Super excited!!!! Already got my tickets for the midnight showing!!!!
  • blueillusion3
    blueillusion3 Posts: 151 Member
    my sentiments exactly! i'm super excited to finally see it on screen but at the same time really sad it's the end..

one of my freind's already saw it and she loved it! she said they did a great job :)!
  • I cant wait either! I feel as you do - excited and very sad...
  • waterjogger
    waterjogger Posts: 114
    My daughter and her friend got tickets for the midnight showing in 3D at the IMAX. Wish I was going but I'll have to wait for next week on the cheap day.
  • RissaDean
    RissaDean Posts: 189 Member
    Disclaimer: I am ridiculous.:embarassed:

I am completely heartbroken that the we won't get to share any more of Harry's adventures....I know that's super pathetic, but oh well...Also I'm kind of worried about what other things the actors are going to do. I saw Emma Watson on the cover of some magazine the other day, and I was like, "What did Hermione do to her hair?!?"
  • RhiannonWatters
    RhiannonWatters Posts: 10 Member
    I liked the first two movies, but after that they seemed kind of like a Cliffs Notes version of the books... I ended up stopping watching them, and just reading the books instead. xP
  • angela828
    angela828 Posts: 498 Member
    LOVE HARRY POTTER!! Not seeing the movie at midnight, sadly. But I am going Friday afternoon after work!! I am so unbelieveably excited and am bringing tissues because I know I'm going to cry my eyes out hahahaha

I spent the last week or so re-watching all the movies!
  • Twister19
    When I read the last book, with every one that died, I cried like I knew each and every one of them... Like they were my best friends. I couldn't contain my grief in summer school classes. "Bridget, put that book away and don't tell me what happens!" That's what one of my professors told me- I never spoke a word to her about it, and we both cried at the end of the summer semester.

I cried so much when **** (don't want to give it away lol) died! Not looking forward to that part. But I can't wait to see the epilogue!
  • ashlinmarie
    ashlinmarie Posts: 1,263 Member
    I'm taking my husband for his birthday to the midnight showing. Going to be a long one, but I know I'm going to cry. I read the first book in 5th grade and feel like I'm losing a close friend. I just reread the 7th book over the last two days in preparation :D
  • mendogirl
    mendogirl Posts: 87
    im pretty sure that i am going to bawl my eyes out.
    a 12 year era of my life ends tomorrow.
    but i will still watch the movies all the time & reread the books constantly.
    pottermore is something to look forward. & the theme park in orlando.
    oh mann.. :'(

i am excited too though!
  • Twister19
    I liked the first two movies, but after that they seemed kind of like a Cliffs Notes version of the books... I ended up stopping watching them, and just reading the books instead. xP

I thought the 4th one followed it pretty closely, but I felt like 7 part 1 left out so much. They kind of skimmed over everything. It's like if you're going to split into two, you should kind of pay attention to details!
  • omfg i know! im for sure going to cry!
  • hail87666
    hail87666 Posts: 176 Member
    I am actually looking forward to this one. Hated 1-6!!!! I'm a book fan I'm afraid and I think the films absolutely slaughtered the magic that JKR created. They made some serious mistakes in the first one that kind of snowballed. And the acting is terrible. All that said, Deathly Hallows part 1 was alright. And it is the end of an era - I have to see it! I just hope they do it justice, when I re read the books next time, I don't want the version in my head tainted by warner brothers.
  • writtenINthestars
    writtenINthestars Posts: 1,933 Member
    Same here. I can't wait to see it.