UNDEREATING

Options
i used to have a problem with undereating. i would nearly starve myself, working out hard - running many miles and eating only 1200 or fewer calories, and i'd lose weight quickly but gain it right back... now when i eat all my calories i seem to stay the same, or even worse, gain weight. i found i eat less and healthier than most people but gain weight extremely quickly. maybe my metabolism is bad? i eat very healthy foods but i am afraid my past of undereating messed my body up. :( any advice?

Replies

• bostongirl987
    bostongirl987 Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    i used to have a problem with undereating. i would nearly starve myself, working out hard - running many miles and eating only 1200 or fewer calories, and i'd lose weight quickly but gain it right back... now when i eat all my calories i seem to stay the same, or even worse, gain weight. i found i eat less and healthier than most people but gain weight extremely quickly. maybe my metabolism is bad? i eat very healthy foods but i am afraid my past of undereating messed my body up. :( any advice?
  • MellyG426
    MellyG426 Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    I may not be an expert, but it seems to me that you might have screwed your metabolism up, BUT that doesn't mean you can't fix it!! Just eat what you are suppose to eat, and even though you see that you are gaining, once your body gets used to having the proper nutrition and doesn't think its going to be starving all the time, you will start to see results. You just have to restart your engine. You'll get there! Don't get discouraged! :happy:
  • Dave198lbs
    Dave198lbs Posts: 8,810 Member
    Options
    It could simply be the numbers...maybe your exercise calories are too high or the food calories too low...look at some of the posts about shocking the system....take a har dlook at the goals and the calories in and calories out

good luck