Frustrated

Options
Been stopped at this weight for a eeek now. Even up a tad. Under 1000 calorie intake and have to cheat at times to add calories. What's up?

Replies

• nutmegoreo
    nutmegoreo Posts: 15,532 Member
    Options
    You're cutting your calories too low, and expecting too much. Gains happen regularly along with the losses, it balances out. Common causes of gains: water retention caused by high sodium the day before, TOM, and new exercise routines. Why are you eating so little? It's very difficult to get enough nutrition that way and you risk messing up your hormones.
  • cybergoodess
    cybergoodess Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Wow a 1000 calories is not enough. Depending on age, your height and exercise if any you should eat more. If your using My fitness pal it should give you that information? When you don't eat enough your body think it's in starvation mode and will store instead of burning. Also losing weight slowly is the best. Not every week will you see it in the scale.
  • nutmegoreo
    nutmegoreo Posts: 15,532 Member
    Options
    Wow a 1000 calories is not enough. Depending on age, your height and exercise if any you should eat more. If your using My fitness pal it should give you that information? When you don't eat enough your body think it's in starvation mode and will store instead of burning. Also losing weight slowly is the best. Not every week will you see it in the scale.

Starvation mode isn't a thing as you are meaning it here. This is a great discussion of starvation mode/adaptive thermogenesis:

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/1077746/starvation-mode-adaptive-thermogenesis-and-weight-loss/p1

OP, here is a great thread to help you get started. Lots of reading, but amazing information for you:

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10260499/i-like-old-posts-and-i-cannot-lie/p1
  • scottonbike
    scottonbike Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Just curious because I am a pickleball player too, what do you use for calories during exercise?