Random banana fact ....

Options

Replies

• IonaEllenRose
    IonaEllenRose Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    It's a joke :(....I cant eat bananas anyway lol!
  • kristikitter
    kristikitter Posts: 602 Member
    Options
    *eyerolls so hard eyeballs drop out*
  • IonaEllenRose
    IonaEllenRose Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    *eyerolls so hard eyeballs drop out*

Guessing your going to keep an eye (or two) out aswell Ha! Xx
  • paperpudding
    paperpudding Posts: 9,031 Member
    Options
    Lucky my bananas dont come from Ecuador like the one featured in that article then. ;)
  • nutmegoreo
    nutmegoreo Posts: 15,532 Member
    Options
    Lucky my bananas dont come from Ecuador like the one featured in that article then. ;)

I wasn't going to click on it until I read this comment, then my curiosity got to me. I am disappointed. I expected a story about spiders being imported on bananas. Like this one:

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS3nfFdp2gnjwETUbg6NcbZoU2ofbZiKjwVx_JfDEPlbTyS31bi
  • RoxieDawn
    RoxieDawn Posts: 15,488 Member
    edited November 2016
    Options
    This timeforyourmag.com is joke... sigh

I lurked around and found that women are putting cabbage on their breasts in European countries..
  • smotheredincheese
    smotheredincheese Posts: 559 Member
    Options
    nutmegoreo wrote: »

I wasn't going to click on it until I read this comment, then my curiosity got to me. I am disappointed. I expected a story about spiders being imported on bananas. Like this one:

I've read too many stories about people getting home from the supermarket, opening their bunch of bananas and having a nest of deadly poisonous killer spider eggs drop out, hatch, and colonise the neighbourhood.
    You never get that with apples.
  • nutmegoreo
    Options
    RoxieDawn wrote: »
    This whole site is a joke... sigh

I lurked around and found that women are putting cabbage on their breasts in European countries..

I hear that works to reduce soreness associated with lactation. They say to freeze the individual cabbage leaves. (not from the site, I couldn't be bother to read any further than that link)
  • nutmegoreo
    edited November 2016
    Options
    nutmegoreo wrote: »

I've read too many stories about people getting home from the supermarket, opening their bunch of bananas and having a nest of deadly poisonous killer spider eggs drop out, hatch, and colonise the neighbourhood.
    You never get that with apples.

Always buy your bananas in the cold Canadian winter :wink:

I did have a massive one drop off a skid of paver bricks, along with multiple nests throughout. Don't know what kind they were though.
  • RoxieDawn
    RoxieDawn Posts: 15,488 Member
    Options
    I just looked at my recently purchased fresh black grapes and they are number 4056... Am I going to die now?
  • paperpudding
    paperpudding Posts: 9,031 Member
    Options
    Well. I eat hundreds of bananas each year (without ever checking the numbers on labels) and nothing bad has happened to me yet.......
  • Chef_Barbell
    Chef_Barbell Posts: 6,644 Member
    edited November 2016
    Options
    I just looked at my recently purchased fresh black grapes and they are number 4056... Am I going to die now?

You died yesterday. :laugh:
  • LushFix
    LushFix Posts: 306 Member
    Options
    This is why we can't have nice things.
  • comptonelizabeth
    comptonelizabeth Posts: 1,701 Member
    Options
    This timeforyourmag.com is joke... sigh

This actually worked for me when I had mastitis during breastfeeding.... They stink though. (The cabbage leaves)
  • VeganRaptor
    VeganRaptor Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    I really recommend people to watch the documentary "The Sad Story of the Banana". It was so horrifying that I only ever buy fair trade bananas now! Really eye opening.
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
    At least they didn't lie about the 9 for organic (I was a cashier for 11 years)
  • PaulaWallaDingDong
    PaulaWallaDingDong Posts: 4,641 Member
    Options
    I really recommend people to watch the documentary "The Sad Story of the Banana". It was so horrifying that I only ever buy fair trade bananas now! Really eye opening.

If you watched a documentary about where most foods/ingedients are imported from, you'd likely be equally horrified. Definitely do whatever you feel you should do as far as supporting or not supporting those practices, but bananas aren't the only bad guy.
  • fr33sia12
    fr33sia12 Posts: 1,258 Member
    Options
    So if a banana has no label on it what does that mean I wonder?
  • nutmegoreo
    Options
    fr33sia12 wrote: »
    So if a banana has no label on it what does that mean I wonder?

It's not really a banana.
  • VeganRaptor
    VeganRaptor Posts: 164 Member
    Options

If you watched a documentary about where most foods/ingedients are imported from, you'd likely be equally horrified. Definitely do whatever you feel you should do as far as supporting or not supporting those practices, but bananas aren't the only bad guy.

Yes, I try to keep informed about all the things I eat, as it is really important to me personally that I contribute as little as possible to harm in this world.

Just trying to share information! If I told people to watch seventeen documentaries about every type of unethical food production, they probably wouldn't watch any of them- bananas obviously aren't the only product that I try to buy ethically, but it was the one that was relevant to the topic (aka being a banana fact).