This is me now at 24st 1lb I hate myself

Options
12345679»

Replies

• jrobertson290365
    jrobertson290365 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    You look ten years younger when you smile..let alone lighter! Great work, we're so proud of you! :)

Thanks Tracy, that was so nice to hear :smiley:
  • Tea_A_Holic
    Tea_A_Holic Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    So well done on your weight loss. Shows you are getting something right! But if you are fluctuating between two weights it sounds like you are at a plateau. This WILL pass I keep getting stuck for a while and then it starts to shift again.
    I am however worried that you exercise to a point where you can hardly walk the next day. So would it be possible on those days where you go all out for exercise you tone it down just very slightly so that the next day you can at least walk somewhere with ease? Just a suggestion.
  • jrobertson290365
    Options
    So well done on your weight loss. Shows you are getting something right! But if you are fluctuating between two weights it sounds like you are at a plateau. This WILL pass I keep getting stuck for a while and then it starts to shift again.
    I am however worried that you exercise to a point where you can hardly walk the next day. So would it be possible on those days where you go all out for exercise you tone it down just very slightly so that the next day you can at least walk somewhere with ease? Just a suggestion.

I know what your saying Tea, but the only exercise I do due to my disabilities is walk and TBH since losing all my weight I seem to be getting worse as in the amount of pain i'm in, I think I might need to go back to my doctor as I thought after losing over 2 stones/28lbs it would get easier but if anything it is getting worse.
  • Tea_A_Holic
    Options

I know what your saying Tea, but the only exercise I do due to my disabilities is walk and TBH since losing all my weight I seem to be getting worse as in the amount of pain i'm in, I think I might need to go back to my doctor as I thought after losing over 2 stones/28lbs it would get easier but if anything it is getting worse.

Sunds like you know what you are doing going t the dr sounds like the right thing from what you are saying, after all they know so much more than us, or at least should do. I wish you the very best in getting out of pain.
  • jaxonzhole
    jaxonzhole Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    YOU GOT THIS!!! One day at a time, be happy and...enjoy your journey down (on the scale) and up on life!
  • Derpy_Hooves
    Derpy_Hooves Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    Wow, such a change already, you're doing absolutely brilliant, well done!
  • Trendline15
    Trendline15 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Hang in there, buddy. You can do it!!
  • MissDeeDee78
    MissDeeDee78 Posts: 415 Member
    Options
    Keep at it kiddo! One step at a time, one day at a time. Remember, you must learn to crawl before you can walk and walk before you can run. You can do this! We're all rootin' for ya!
  • ModernRock
    ModernRock Posts: 372 Member
    Options
    The photo's below are just taken today as a comparison.

I could see the difference without even looking back at the "before" photo. Nice job. Stay focused on the long-term life changes and don't burn yourself out.
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 33,969 Member
    Options
    Your new photo is awesome!

Keep it going. Even if you can't do a lot of exercise, the weight will come off if you stay in your calories.

Yay! Congrats on your success so far.

A journey of a thousand miles begins with one step.
  • jrobertson290365
    Options

Sunds like you know what you are doing going t the dr sounds like the right thing from what you are saying, after all they know so much more than us, or at least should do. I wish you the very best in getting out of pain.

Unfortunately I didn't get to the doctor today as I wasn't feeling that great, but I've been in this constant back pain for over 12 years and never had any diagnosis from them just pain killers after pain killers but after losing all this weight (well I think it's a lot) I actually thought my pain would atleast get better although I know it won't happen overnight but you'd think going from what I was a few months ago to what I am now my knees would atleast feel the benefit and not appear to be getting worse to the point I have difficulty even getting off my chair
  • JoshD8705
    JoshD8705 Posts: 390 Member
    Options
    Dude I wish you lived near me. I'd love to workout with you, and help you make fast healthy progress. Add me, my food diary is open. I'd be happy to help set you up with a meal plan. Just message me about it if you're interested.
  • vanmep
    vanmep Posts: 406 Member
    Options
    I love the hint of a smile and the sparkle starting in your eye! :smiley:
  • skinnymam
    skinnymam Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Just wanted to wish you well on your journey. You can do it!
    I haven't read the whole thread so not sure if it has been mentioned before but is there anyway you can get to a swimming pool? Walking lengths in a pool is easier on your joints etc.
  • yournamehere08
    yournamehere08 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Every journey has to begin somewhere, and you've begun yours now. Keep your head up, mind strong, and embrace the excitement of what you're about to undertake. Eliminate the word "diet" from your vocab, include the word "lifestyle", and remember to be kind to yourself. Good luck, mate!
  • CharlieBeansmomTracey
    CharlieBeansmomTracey Posts: 7,682 Member
    Options
    Thank you everyone for your advice and support, I have been told by my wife that i'm too hard on myself and I need to stop it as i'm going to do myself damage but after seeing that photo of myself today really shocked me as I never thought of myself like that before.

I'm just not happy and don't know what I can do, I am disabled with chronic back pain and use a walking stick when I go out a few weeks ago I had to go to the doctor who referred me to the Rapid Access Chest Pain Clinic due to having chest pains and shortness of breath.

Thankfully the tests on my heart came back clear and I got told I have Pre-Diabetes and need to lose weight, since getting that news I have pushed and pushed to try and walk more to exercise and I can only manage about 0.8 miles but i'm desperate to get over the 1 mile point of walking and just can't do it.

So I feel like i'm burning myself out as my mind is telling me I need to walk more because i'm too fat and ugly but my bodies telling me I can't do it because of the pain i'm in but if I rest up i'm frightened I'll seize up.

you can do this and things should improve. I couldnt breath doing normal everyday tasks.once I started losing the weight I was able to be more active,my lung capacity improved,my breathing got better,you will be able to walk longer, just set small goals and accomplish them first. are your back pains from the weight? if so that may improve as well. take one day at a time.just walk a little farther each time and you will get there.you are making an effort and that is what counts.
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 33,969 Member
    Options

Unfortunately I didn't get to the doctor today as I wasn't feeling that great, but I've been in this constant back pain for over 12 years and never had any diagnosis from them just pain killers after pain killers but after losing all this weight (well I think it's a lot) I actually thought my pain would atleast get better although I know it won't happen overnight but you'd think going from what I was a few months ago to what I am now my knees would atleast feel the benefit and not appear to be getting worse to the point I have difficulty even getting off my chair

Do you have access to a stationary bike? How about a pool? Many public pools offer lanes for water-walking. My local pool even has one of those lazy river things where you can walk in waist deep water against a flowing current of water. One of the things public pools do is rehab for people. If you have a public pool, call them or go online and look at their schedule. Being in water relieves your joints.

If you have insurance, you should be able to be referred for physical therapy and they always have stationary bikes and pools.
  • Tea_A_Holic
    Options
    Sounds like you have some great suggestions there for trying to help ease the pain, hope you find something that works for you x