DETOX??

Options
xbabexfettx
xbabexfettx Posts: 7 Member
I currently started a vegetarian diet, about two weeks ago, but I am looking for something that'll be a good detox for my system. I don't really want to take detox pills or anything so does anyone have reccommendations on some yummy detox waters?

Replies

• NaturalNancy
    NaturalNancy Posts: 1,093 Member
    Options
    Not sure about "detoxing" but water w sliced cucumber is really good
  • littlechiaseed
    littlechiaseed Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    What do you mean detox? What happened?
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    Alcohol or narcotics? Either way, I recommend medical supervision, it can be a nasty shock to your system and you may need some transitional medications to get you through the worst of it.
  • delicaterealms
    delicaterealms Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    sometimes i'll do water fasts or water w/ lemon fasts for religion and spiritual purposes or if i'm just feeling really crappy. not all people support fasting and it can get unhealthy, just like any other routine but it helps me feel a lot better! it also comes with lots of benefits but it's not for everyone
  • RachelElser
    RachelElser Posts: 1,049 Member
    Options
    Unless you are stopping using narcotics or opiates, your liver does a fine job detoxing you.
  • zyxst
    zyxst Posts: 9,135 Member
    Options
    Jakep2323 wrote: »
    ......looking to see where OP mentioned alcohol or narcotics??......

She didn't, but for the majority of people a "detox" is in reference to cleaning your system of drugs, not "toxins" building up because of certain foods.
  • witchy_wife
    witchy_wife Posts: 792 Member
    Options
    Hornsby wrote: »

Which is exactly why she doesn't need a detox.

What is she wants nice skin? :)

Then drink enough water to stay hydrated and follow a good skin care routine :)

• Chef_Barbell
    Chef_Barbell Posts: 6,644 Member
    Options

What if they put kale and fruit in the water and followed a good skin care routine? :)

Still not a detox. :huh:
  • SueSueDio
    SueSueDio Posts: 4,796 Member
    Options

What if they put kale and fruit in the water and followed a good skin care routine? :)

Does it harm you?

I doubt it, but in general these "detox" questions seem to be aimed at doing nothing but take the product in question for a few days to "cleanse" (i.e. not eating), and not at wishing to just drink more water. :)
  • Chef_Barbell
    edited November 2016
    Options

Does it harm you?

Not even gonna with you. Nope, nope, nope! :noway:
  • Chef_Barbell
    Options
    SueSueDio wrote: »

Does it harm you?

I doubt it, but in general these "detox" questions seem to be aimed at doing nothing but take the product in question for a few days to "cleanse" (i.e. not eating), and not at wishing to just drink more water. :)

Exactly this.
  • MissusMoon
    MissusMoon Posts: 1,900 Member
    Options
    WinoGelato wrote: »
    I dont believe in detox either..but it does no harm as an extra on top of cico

Depends. Are we talking the "drink more water and call it a detox" angle, or are we talking about something with laxative properties often marketed as a detox which can in fact, be harmful, at a minimum, uncomfortable and unnecessary.

Regardless of which we are talking about - it perpetuates the myth that your body needs a detox, to call it that. Words have meaning, and to "detox" means to rid the body of toxins. Whether it is water or a marketed product, it is not ridding the body of any toxins that the liver and kidney do not already process naturally. Saying, "what's the harm" just encourages the millions of people who buy into the diet for profit industry telling them they need to detox or cleanse their systems. It's unnecessary, not based in science, and potentially harmful. So yeah, people are going to come in and challenge an OP and anyone else looking to play devil's advocate on these threads every single time.

Absolutely all of this.

Thank you for having the patience for a thoughtful reply.