I'm not getting enough calories!!

Options
Everyday, I try to net 1200 calories. But everyday, I'm under. I try to eat more food, but I just get so full. Today, I tried to eat a high calorie lunch just so I could get those 1200 calories in. But, It's after dinner and I still have like 700 calories left! I don't want to binge just so I can get those calories, but I need to do something or else my body isn't going to be very healthy. Someone please help me.

Replies

• withchaco
    withchaco Posts: 1,026 Member
    Options
    Give me your uneaten calories. I really want to eat this bag of pistachios I've got :(
  • szczepj
    szczepj Posts: 422
    Options
    I honestly don't net 1200 calories unless it's a day I'm not working out. I find it to be too much so I'm just going to eat normally.
  • sister_bear
    sister_bear Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    I try to eat a high calorie breakfast on most days. The rest of the day is more like maintenance and it's a little easier for me to make sure I get enough in the end.
  • chuckyp
    chuckyp Posts: 693 Member
    Options
    I can't even imagine feeling full on 500 calories for a whole day. Eat calorie dense foods like nuts, peanut butter, olive oil and avocado, or just go get a Big Mac and large fries for god's sake! ;)
  • ImperfektAngel
    ImperfektAngel Posts: 811 Member
    Options
    eat some good fats, nuts, avacados, cheese
  • Finney88
    Finney88 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    How many calories are you burning exercising? You should probably be eating higher calories foods.
  • sh3lby03
    sh3lby03 Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    Try higher calorie but healthy foods like guacomole, almonds, peanuts, peanut butter, etc. A few servings of those up your calorie intake by a lot!!
  • lausa22
    lausa22 Posts: 467 Member
    Options
    I've only eaten just under 900 calories. As long as you don't under eat regulary, you should be fine!
    Try and get a bigger breakfast in than usual, it not only sets you up for the day, but helps with your problem :)
  • colbiegirl
    colbiegirl Posts: 138
    Options
    I'm going through the same problem! I can't even eat up to 1,000. :( We've got to do it though because if you're like me, your hair will start thinning and your nails with start cracking. I;ve been upping my calories by 200 a day per week. Try adding some peanut butter instead of cream cheese on bagels, eat an extra yogurt for a snack, eat egg whites for breakfast, etc. It's gonna be rough, but it has to be done!
  • maserati185
    maserati185 Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    I second things like nuts, oils, butter... you could do avacado as well. I slice it up and sprinkle with a little salt.
  • Izable2011
    Izable2011 Posts: 755 Member
    Options
    I don't mean this in a mean way at ALL but why do you need to lose weight if you find it hard to eat enough calories in the day? lol I know that sounded bad but I'm seriously curious. I think I kind of know what you are talking about. It must be that you are just choosing the wrong foods. Maybe you need to eat more staple foods like potatoes, steak, & stuff like that. I don't know but I wish you good luck and hope it works for you. :)
  • pumpkinmoccasin
    Options
    Sometimes I eat a whole serving (2tbsp) of peanut butter right off the spoon (low fat, low sugar of course!!), it'll give me some energy & protein and also boost up my calories on days I'm having a hard time meeting my minimum goal... That's probably what I'm having for "dessert" tonight since I'm going to be under today
  • Cindyg127
    Cindyg127 Posts: 1
    Options
    I too am having this problem eating 1200 calories in a day. I walk daily and burn an average of 350-650 calories each time. I eat greek yogurt, fruit and have a cup of soy milk for bfast daily. Some days I will have a ww english muffin with pb on it along with the otner foods mentioned then go for my 4-7mile walk and come home to have a snack followed by lunch, dinner and 2 more snacks. I'm eating enough protien and whole grains that I'm constantly feeling full. I end up with roughly 400 calories to eat. So should I not eat so much fiber and protien to get in the 1200 calories?
  • Atlantique
    Atlantique Posts: 2,484 Member
    Options
    It's difficult to advise you with a closed diary.

I had this problem as well in the beginning though. It helps a lot to get a good idea of your likely exercise burn and eat those calories all day long. If you wait until you've already worked out, it's almost impossible to catch up.

I also don't believe in eating ALL your exercise calories if you're using MFP's estimates. They're high. I eat half of mine back and lost very consistently all the way. If you are using a HRM and backing out the calories you would have burned anyway during your workout time had you not worked out, then go ahead and try eating them all.

Sometimes it's easier to drink the calories instead of eating them, and protein shakes can be a big help there.

Try adding fat back into your diet. Nuts, nut butters, whole eggs, low-fat dairy instead of low-fat dairy, etc.
  • 1life2live_cjg
    Options
    I can't even imagine feeling full on 500 calories for a whole day. Eat calorie dense foods like nuts, peanut butter, olive oil and avocado, or just go get a Big Mac and large fries for god's sake! ;)

I don't only eat 500 calories. I've had over a thousand. But because I exercised my Net calories went down.
  • 1life2live_cjg
    Options
    I don't mean this in a mean way at ALL but why do you need to lose weight if you find it hard to eat enough calories in the day? lol I know that sounded bad but I'm seriously curious. I think I kind of know what you are talking about. It must be that you are just choosing the wrong foods. Maybe you need to eat more staple foods like potatoes, steak, & stuff like that. I don't know but I wish you good luck and hope it works for you. :)

I'm trying to lose weight because I am fat and I need to. I usually don't find it hard, but lately I've been getting so full so fast.