NEED HELP AVOIDING TRASH WEEKENDS

Options
13»

Replies

• trigden1991
    trigden1991 Posts: 4,658 Member
    Options
    You should NEVER eat below your BMR. Your BMR is what your body needs to survive. Eating below your TDEE@maximum less 500 calories is what I would suggest. Never a deficit above 500. Tweak the numbers (less TDEE) to place yourself within a comfortable deficit where you aren't starving after your workouts.

You can eat below BMR without negative effects. A deficit over 500 cals is fine for some people. Some people are always hungry after a workout no matter what their intake.
  • 777Gemma888
    777Gemma888 Posts: 9,578 Member
    Options
    You should NEVER eat below your BMR. Your BMR is what your body needs to survive. Eating below your TDEE@maximum less 500 calories is what I would suggest. Never a deficit above 500. Tweak the numbers (less TDEE) to place yourself within a comfortable deficit where you aren't starving after your workouts.

You can eat below BMR without negative effects. A deficit over 500 cals is fine for some people. Some people are always hungry after a workout no matter what their intake.

Good points. I just wouldn't.

Cheers!
  • HurricaneForce1
    HurricaneForce1 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    rt4bawos0z28.png

So I used the scooby TDEE calculator and this is what I get. Do these numbers look good to go off of?
  • 777Gemma888
    777Gemma888 Posts: 9,578 Member
    Options
    Many on here use Scooby and swear by it. I don't see why not. Good luck!
  • PAV8888
    PAV8888 Posts: 13,925 Member
    Options
    It all depends on whether the activity level you picked is correct.

Did i see you mention 4lbs lost in 2 weeks? And you're not obese. And you're complaining about overeating on the weekend?

You are not obese. You are young. Frankly a good rate of weight loss will have you losing weight so slowly you ought to be here complaining that you're not seeing the scale move (yet by plugging your numbers in a trending weight app or web site you would see a downward direction).

To me it sounds like you're cutting too much.

Scooby, mfp, most sites use the same formulas. Only you and your body know if you're entering the correct activity levels.