Thanksgiving.. Are you ready?

Options

Replies

• sgt1372
    sgt1372 Posts: 3,979 Member
    edited November 2016
    Options
    I always buy a turkey to roast b4 TG because it is so cheaply priced during the season but there's no "family" left to share it with. So, i have no concerns about overeating. I just freeze and make stock out of most of it.
  • MalkinMagic71
    MalkinMagic71 Posts: 1,433 Member
    Options
    Thanksgiving is a day that I eat what I want in huge quantities and don't care. It's one day. I enjoy it with family and get back on track the next day.
  • Gallowmere1984
    Gallowmere1984 Posts: 6,626 Member
    Options
    I will be doing full body depletion sessions the day before and day of. Then I shall allow the wonder that is lobster lasagna to refill all of the things. Because *kitten* turkey; we eat enough of that *kitten* the rest of the year.
  • trigden1991
    trigden1991 Posts: 4,658 Member
    Options
    I will be in large deficit the week before, fully deplete myself doing a full body workout the night before and then eat everything in sight for a few days to replenish my glycogen stores and leptin.
  • littlechiaseed
    littlechiaseed Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    Thanksgiving food is so freakin gross to me so no worries since I won't be eating most of it.
  • sllm1
    sllm1 Posts: 2,114 Member
    Options
    Work out and eat at or slightly over maintenance.
  • Chef_Barbell
    Chef_Barbell Posts: 6,644 Member
    Options
    Thanksgiving food is so freakin gross to me so no worries since I won't be eating most of it.

That sounds a bit extreme.
  • Karb_Kween
    Karb_Kween Posts: 2,681 Member
    Options
    Pretty much I love cooking huge meals
  • kirstenb13
    kirstenb13 Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    I'm not a big Thanksgiving food fan. I don't like turkey and most of the sides, so I usually just have a roll, stuffing and green bean casserole. Calorie wise it's no higher than a regular meal for me.

Yeah, seriously, same with Christmas, no idea why people go so crazy over this food, it's all horrible to me :)
  • ahoy_m8
    ahoy_m8 Posts: 3,053 Member
    Options
    fishshark wrote: »
    i dont log or care. 1 im cooking for like a billion people and want to enjoy myself with friends and family. I eat and drink to my hearts content and keep it moving the next day. i am not every going to cook for 10 people and build recipies and log everything. nope.

i said in another post from thanksgiving to new years i endulge and go pretty crazy. I keep my activity as high as possible and it has never caused weight gain besides water weight. i love it all... the food.. the baked foods.. the drinking.. the parties.. the cheer and friends and family. I live for the holidays.

i make a drink thats apple cidar, cinnamon sticks, a little brown sugar, and a bottle of whiskey. it sits on the stove warm and we just drink it all day/night. haha YES WINTERTIME!!

What's your menu for the multitudes, if you don't mind my asking? Always looking for a little inspiration and something unexpected on the table. :)
  • CooCooPuff
    CooCooPuff Posts: 4,374 Member
    Options
    CooCooPuff wrote: »
    I'm not at all ready. The family usually just gets turkey from a restaurant, but I like to bake a few desserts and have no idea what to make.
    Cute ideas appreciated
    I'm making pecan pie, but I'd prefer something I actually like~

As for the day itself, I'm doing a 5k in the morning and will probably stick with 5:2 a little longer. I was planning on dropping a fasting day, but I'll probably be stuck with both days after all the stuffing I'm eating.
  • JoshD8705
    JoshD8705 Posts: 390 Member
    Options
    If you're asking if I'll be slamming down a piece of pumpkin pie mashed together with pecan pie, and a scoop of vanilla ice cream, with whip cream, and a cherry on top... then yes... yes I am...
  • Chef_Barbell
    Chef_Barbell Posts: 6,644 Member
    Options
    kirstenb13 wrote: »
    I'm not a big Thanksgiving food fan. I don't like turkey and most of the sides, so I usually just have a roll, stuffing and green bean casserole. Calorie wise it's no higher than a regular meal for me.

Yeah, seriously, same with Christmas, no idea why people go so crazy over this food, it's all horrible to me :)

You know you can eat anything for those holidays. I know mind blowing.
  • littlechiaseed
    littlechiaseed Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    kirstenb13 wrote: »

You know you can eat anything for those holidays. I know mind blowing.

Yeah but your kind of limited if you have to go to family's homes and all that. Sucks kittens dude. My first thanksgiving this year is tomorrow ugh, 2 more to go after that.