Why is everyone here?

Options
Hey everyone,

Just popping in to do some research. What does everyone use MFP for - losing weight, tracking calories, finding classes, tracking progress, etc? And what do you guys find particularly helpful or unhelpful about MFP? Thanks so much, looking forward to all of your responses. :)

Replies

• MiniMansell1964
    MiniMansell1964 Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    i just find it interesting. i can maintain/gain/lose weight and fitness without MFP
  • neldabg
    neldabg Posts: 1,452 Member
    Options
    I mainly use MFP for weight management. Tracking calories helps me maintain my weight without thinking too much and browsing the forums is entertaining and helps me keep my head in the game. I've become a little attached to the community here.
  • socioseguro
    socioseguro Posts: 1,679 Member
    Options
    MFP is a useful tool to manage calorie intake. I used Excel files in the past, until I found MFP.
    I also found macros information extremely valuable. It has helped me with improving my protein intake,
    Finally, I enjoy exchanging information at MFP Message Boards with people who are focused on improving their health and fitness
  • queenliz99
    queenliz99 Posts: 15,317 Member
    Options
    Noel_57 wrote: »
    My probation officer required it. :|

I knew it!!
  • usmcmp
    usmcmp Posts: 21,220 Member
    Options
    To offer advice and hopefully help others.
  • cerise_noir
    cerise_noir Posts: 5,468 Member
    Options
    malibu927 wrote: »
    I was told there would be cookies..

*hides Oreo package* Where?

:open_mouth:
  • KANGOOJUMPS
    KANGOOJUMPS Posts: 6,472 Member
    Options
    I maintain, do not need to do this, but care about others, I burn 1000 calories a day
  • sardelsa
    sardelsa Posts: 9,812 Member
    Options
    I use it mainly to interact with friends, keep accountable with my workouts, learn from others, help others, I should be logging my food but can't seem to get a grip on that lately.
  • shellyld2016
    shellyld2016 Posts: 288 Member
    Options
    I started to track and count calories. Everything else on here, the support, discussion boards, friends, and support, have been such a huge bonus! That support has made everything easier! Hope you love it here.
  • melaniedscott
    melaniedscott Posts: 1,332 Member
    Options
    I'm part of a wellness program at work and had been trying to lose weight. I'd managed to gain 5 pounds in the 6 months on the program. Got a new coach and she recommended trying this. I signed up. I've lost 22 pounds since August. Tracking helps. If I look at the week and there's no exercise...well, it reminds me of how important it is. I like the community. And now my husband has joined and lost some weight, so we've got more to talk about (not that we didn't have plenty before) but it helps us keep each other accountable.
  • rondavis436
    rondavis436 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I'm using MFP to track my progress MFP is the best tracking program I've found. I've found the food data base to be amazing. You don't have to spend a lot of time tracking down various foods. You can plan meals days in advance. On a LC/HF diet you can think your consuming 40 carbs but in reality it more like 60, MFP takes much of the guess work out.
  • Hornsby
    Hornsby Posts: 10,322 Member
    Options
    I'm here for the chics.
  • CorneliusPhoton
    CorneliusPhoton Posts: 965 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone,

Just popping in to do some research. What does everyone use MFP for - losing weight, tracking calories, finding classes, tracking progress, etc? And what do you guys find particularly helpful or unhelpful about MFP? Thanks so much, looking forward to all of your responses. :)

Helpful: tracking progress, support from message boards, food diary, calorie calculators.
    Unhelpful: bullies on the message board, too many erroneous and incomplete user-entered foods in the database, not enough guidance for new users
  • JeffreyOC
    JeffreyOC Posts: 810 Member
    Options
    Weight loss, the success stories forum is what really motivates me.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,868 Member
    Options
    giphy-facebook_s.jpg

But in all serious, I've been pretty successful with things and I like passing along things that I've learned...