Sick and tired of being sick and tired

Options
LonelyObeseGuy
LonelyObeseGuy Posts: 63 Member
I'm sick and tired of working so hard every day and not having someone who cares about me to come home to. No, relationships aren't perfect, they're hard and require work from what I hear, but at the end of the day, having someone there for you and whom you can talk to about your day and who wants to experience the ups and downs of life with you...doesn't sound too bad. Never experienced that or even went on a date w/a woman. Dating requires consent of the other party...

Replies

• Just_J_Now
    Just_J_Now Posts: 9,551 Member
    Options
    <3 ((((((hugs))))))
  • dc8066
    dc8066 Posts: 1,439 Member
    Options
    Feel better, you poor thing.
  • iSquatForChickenNuggets
    Options
    My ex-girlfriend is currently looking for someone to date. I'll give you her number. Good luck.
  • GreenGoddess22
    GreenGoddess22 Posts: 3,818 Member
    Options
    jtegirl1 wrote: »
    Get a dog, a rescue dog. They are awesome company and love you unconditionally. They don't care what you look like, if you're having a bad day. They will be by your side and be your best friend. I am lonely as hell and if not for my dog I don't know what I'd do.

Yes, get a dog! They are the sweetest, provide unconditional love and if you rescue a pet, well they actually kind of rescue you on so many levels.
  • RoxieDawn
    RoxieDawn Posts: 15,488 Member
    edited November 2016
    Options
    OP, all of your threads you make are just depressing... just depressing..

eta you have been posting about how much you hate your life, how alone you are, etc.. you should really get a dog..maybe a cat, but perhaps a dog might encourage you to walk it and get out of the house some.
  • GreenGoddess22
    Options
    RoxieDawn wrote: »
    OP, all of your threads you make are just depressing... just depressing..

eta you have been posting about how much you hate your life, how alone you are, etc.. you should really get a dog..maybe a cat, but perhaps a dog might encourage you to walk it and get out of the house some.

OP, I'm sorry you apparently post such depressing things. A pet is a great idea, however if you truly are depressed, talking with a counselor is also a great idea. I hope you feel better soon.
  • Grey_1
    Grey_1 Posts: 1,139 Member
    Options
    Agreed with the counseling suggestion. Depression isn't always the result of a lackluster life style. There could be more to it. Some folks don't care for using that avenue, but another little saying that goes hand in hand with "sick and tired of being sick and tired" is "How long do you want to feel that way?"

Get up, go to the phone and find a pro - make an appointment. Only you can make the change. The good folks here can only suggest. Go do it. I wish you well...
  • pizzafruit
    pizzafruit Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    Have you established any friendships at work? There's no one you talk to? You have zero people in your life? I think sometimes when we'e feeling that low and alone, if we take a deep breath and a step back to reflect, we find life may not be even close to what we think it ought to be but it's not that desolate either. I suffer from depression and I'm working on the realization that at the end of the day I'm the one controlling my happiness. This is where you can come for support without judgement. Have you ever blogged? Write your truth and read it again in 3 or 4 days and you'll be surprised at how your feelings may have changed. We all have bad days and that in no way diminishes how you feel in the moment but you're not alone. Have a wonderful day and then come back and share some good thoughts with us.
  • NorthCascades
    NorthCascades Posts: 10,968 Member
    Options
    Get a bike. Or a kayak. Or some hiking shoes. Find something you enjoy, that makes time stop when you do it. Something that requires some physical work and gets your heart beating. Exercise is actually the best cure for depression, and the side effects are things like you look better and get sick less often and feel better about your life because you spend your time doing something you enjoy.
  • JukeboxHeroine
    JukeboxHeroine Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    Don't wait on a partner to live your life. Go do awesome and fun things now. Having a full interesting life makes you more interesting to others. Don't let life pass you by as you wait for someone to live it with you.
  • GreenGoddess22
    Options
    Unfortunately having a partner can also be quite lonely. Granted there are many happy couples out there, but there are also folks with a spouse or significant other who feel completely alone. Find happiness within yourself, never rely on someone else to provide that.
  • NorthCascades
    NorthCascades Posts: 10,968 Member
    Options
    Get a bike. Or a kayak. Or some hiking shoes. Find something you enjoy, that makes time stop when you do it. Something that requires some physical work and gets your heart beating. Exercise is actually the best cure for depression, and the side effects are things like you look better and get sick less often and feel better about your life because you spend your time doing something you enjoy.

kayaking sounds fun, I'd like to hike though it'd be nice to have a woman to do it with you feel me?

If you want to have a girlfriend, there are a few stages you're going to have to go through first. One of them is having a first date. And then a second one. You'll need stuff to talk about. Being able to carry a conversation is a skill, but you can give yourself a head start by having some stories to tell when you hit a lull in the conversation.

Also, you might meet someone tomorrow, or it could be next year. Don't wait to live your life until it happens.