Harry Potter

Options
2»

Replies

• Fitzgeraldguy
    Options
    So am I!
    I was dissapointed because I was not able to get midnight show tickets for Thursday...but my friend did so I'm going.

I am both sad and happy...but cannot wait!
  • Bridge_CG
    Bridge_CG Posts: 435 Member
    Options
    When I read the last book, with every one that died, I cried like I knew each and every one of them... Like they were my best friends. I couldn't contain my grief in summer school classes. "Bridget, put that book away and don't tell me what happens!" That's what one of my professors told me- I never spoke a word to her about it, and we both cried at the end of the summer semester.

I cried so much when **** (don't want to give it away lol) died! Not looking forward to that part. But I can't wait to see the epilogue!

I cried... Well, I actually don't think my eyes were dry at one point durning that damn book.
  • halobender
    halobender Posts: 780 Member
    Options
    ... I felt like 7 part 1 left out so much. They kind of skimmed over everything. It's like if you're going to split into two, you should kind of pay attention to details!
    I knoooooow. I was really disappointed when I had heard they were splitting it into two movies in the first place. I really, really wanted them to cut out all of the boring parts from the first one that didn't pertain too much to the actual story—like all that camping—and stick to things that actually furthered the story and were interesting. I felt like in the camping scenes they jumped the gun on Ron's feelings toward it and also made it more lame than it was in the book.

I think they could have easily just made it a three hour movie (which, considering the storyline only excludes those who are probably too young for the content that should be in it anyhow) and cut out the boring blahbalhadlkfjasfj and kept it to the important parts.

Whatever, I'll go watch it on Friday afternoon.
  • _beachgirl_
    _beachgirl_ Posts: 3,865 Member
    Options
    We will go to the midnight showing of it! Can't wait!
  • mjtbb
    mjtbb Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    I got my tickets already for the midnight premiere. Can't wait. Actually can't believe it is finally here. My daughter and her friend are getting dressed up. I'm just taking them (They are 13). Ha, I was pretty quick on saying okay to take her. I hope it as good as I hope.

Melanie
  • Sauchie
    Sauchie Posts: 357 Member
    Options
    Super excited!!!! Already got my tickets for the midnight showing!!!!

^^^^
  • ladyerin79
    ladyerin79 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    Yay! Harry!! Can't wait! :happy:
  • RhiannonWatters
    RhiannonWatters Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I liked the first two movies, but after that they seemed kind of like a Cliffs Notes version of the books... I ended up stopping watching them, and just reading the books instead. xP

I thought the 4th one followed it pretty closely, but I felt like 7 part 1 left out so much. They kind of skimmed over everything. It's like if you're going to split into two, you should kind of pay attention to details!
    That's how I felt about 3, especially. I watched part of four, and it was alright, but I feel like if you haven't read the books, that one is kind of hard to understand.
  • freshmenthesis
    freshmenthesis Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I liked the first two movies, but after that they seemed kind of like a Cliffs Notes version of the books... I ended up stopping watching them, and just reading the books instead. xP

The books are, as expected, better. But! The pace of the movies finally matched that of the books at the end of 4 then veered off again to a less dark place but came back in 7.1. I wish they had made them all as good as 7.1 but I still re-watch them all anyway. Even if you skip 5 and 6, 7.1 is worth watching and I am sure 7.2 will not disappoint.

Also I can not believe that this series we have all loved for about 10 years is coming to a close...bittersweet to say the least.
  • rure13
    rure13 Posts: 86
    Options

The books are, as expected, better. But! The pace of the movies finally matched that of the books at the end of 4 then veered off again to a less dark place but came back in 7.1. I wish they had made them all as good as 7.1 but I still re-watch them all anyway. Even if you skip 5 and 6, 7.1 is worth watching and I am sure 7.2 will not disappoint.

Also I can not believe that this series we have all loved for about 10 years is coming to a close...bittersweet to say the least.
    I didn't like 7.1 at all, it could have been way better. Hopefully this last one will do the book justice, I can't believe it's gonna be over :(
  • halobender
    halobender Posts: 780 Member
    Options
    Felt as though I needed to watch 7.1 again before I see 7.2. Just reminded of Hedwig's demise ... that was the saddest one for me, for some reason. I like that they let her go out bravely, defending Harry, in the movie as opposed to in her cage, as was the case with the book ...