Keto

Options
tmkirbyrn
tmkirbyrn Posts: 1 Member
I'm brand new to MFP, I wanting to go Keto starting tomorrow. I have recently been low carb. I need to build my support group and recipes. Any and all help to get started here and on Keto would be sooooo appreciated!

Replies

• GaleHawkins
    GaleHawkins Posts: 8,160 Member
    edited November 2016
    Options
    community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/394-low-carber-daily-forum-the-lcd-group

@tmkirbyrn this is a group of adults that I found very helpful with specific knowledge about Keto. Most of us are addressing specific health concerns. In my case the weight loss was a side effect of fixing my long term joint and muscle pain by changing my Way Of Eating.

Best of success and welcome to MFP.
  • momma_rose
    momma_rose Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I'm new to Keto so maybe we can learn together. My biggest challengea are keeping carbs low, planning weekly meals and getting the idea that fats are good out of my head. So basically everything about Keto is challenging to me lol.
  • spin6164
    spin6164 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I'm about 8 days in to my 30 day low carb challenge (30g net/day). I think meal prep is important. I bought a lot of cheese from Wegmans ( triple Brie, mozzarella, mascarpone And olives and proceutto. Been using that for a quick meal when I don't want to cook or don't have time plus it's a good way to get fats in with min carbs. For mornings I pre make egg/bacon, egg/cheese cup cakes for the week and I made my own breakfast sausage (turkey, fresh sage, thyme, parsley, black pepper) got that recipe from grain brain cookbook. For a quick lunch I picked up one of the mypal recipes using 4 slices Boston lettuce, bacon, 2 hard boiled eggs, 1/4 c mayo mixed w lemon juice and black pepper. Coat each lettuce w mayo mix add bacon & egg and roll. It's messy but tangy your taste buds will be like 'what!'. Spinach Salads are always good for lunch (add some pre cooked bacon, shrimp, chicken, egg or 1/2 an avacado with whole milk cheese and full fat dressing)
  • LipSmackingFun
    LipSmackingFun Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I live the keto lifestyle & love it! Lastnight I had 2 grass fed beef burgers with cheese, mayo & siracha sauce wrapped in romaine lettuce leaves & 2 baby dill pickles with a true lemonade packet mixed in my water to drink and for dessert a chocolate mug cake made with almond flour. Yummo!

You can find plenty of keto info on YouTube, Pinterest & a website I visit called Ruled me. Both have a lot of info for the keto way of eating. You'll love this lifestyle & won't even miss those processed carbs. Good luck!