I once had a boss/ co-worker....

Options

Replies

• kschwab0203
    kschwab0203 Posts: 610 Member
    Options
    Jimb376mfp wrote: »
    When I was younger and worked in Illinois my boss was a Texan who never wore an overcoat in winter. Sport coat and gloves only.

He would walk in from the cold and very loudly snort a BIG lugey and then swallow it. He was my boss 1973-78 and I can still hear him doing that! I cannot get that memory out of my head!

Ew! My ex-husband used to blow what I called "snot rockets" out of his nose onto the sidewalk or wherever we were in public....so gross!
  • JSaus13
    JSaus13 Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    @Jimb376mfp That is totally disgusting.
  • vikinglander
    vikinglander Posts: 1,547 Member
    Options
    Louise1491 wrote: »
    I'm pretty sure sucking on a dirty hose wasn't part of the job description

Depends on the job.

This reminds me of a job I once had at a vinegar bottling plant in Coxsackie NY...
  • JSaus13
    Options
    When I was younger and worked in Illinois my boss was a Texan who never wore an overcoat in winter. Sport coat and gloves only.

He would walk in from the cold and very loudly snort a BIG lugey and then swallow it. He was my boss 1973-78 and I can still hear him doing that! I cannot get that memory out of my head!

Ew! My ex-husband used to blow what I called "snot rockets" out of his nose onto the sidewalk or wherever we were in public....so gross!

GAAAAAAAAAAAAH!!!!!! My husband does this. It makes me insane!
  • kschwab0203
    kschwab0203 Posts: 610 Member
    Options
    JSaus13 wrote: »

LOL...who told them that this was ok?!?!?!
  • JSaus13
    Options
    JSaus13 wrote: »

I have no clue. My husband is a plumber (not the butt crack kind, lol). He's on jobs in the cold and outside a lot. He told me that they don't carry around tissues in their tool belts.

Pffffft!!! They should. B)
  • Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,492 Member
    edited November 2016
    Options
    I'm pretty sure sucking on a dirty hose wasn't part of the job description

Are they hiring?

.... I'm asking for a friend
  • dbanks80
    dbanks80 Posts: 3,685 Member
    Options
    Gotta bump this is good LOL!
  • KyleGrace8
    KyleGrace8 Posts: 2,205 Member
    Options
    I had a job were I've seen every last employee and boss cry, even the stone cold b**ch. Not particularly outrageous but an odd thing nonetheless. At others my coworkers regularly slept on the job. One lady who wasn't my boss, burnt sage all around the office and out on the sidewalk to ward off the "negative energy". They had disgruntled customers. She was cool though.
  • vikinglander
    vikinglander Posts: 1,547 Member
    Options

LOL...who told them that this was ok?!?!?! [/quote]

@JSaus13 @kschwab0203
    As a kid in Iowa I was taught the farmer throws his snot away but the rich man keeps his (meaning using a handkerchief) I still carry a hankie (also known as a "snot rag") but will use the farmers blow if I'm out alone walking the dog and have no tissues or handkerchief.

What can I say... guys are gross.

[/quote]

It makes one wonder if anyone takes excretions from other parts of their body and carries them around wrapped in a cloth...
  • DeficitDuchess
    DeficitDuchess Posts: 3,099 Member
    edited November 2016
    Options

@JSaus13 @kschwab0203
    As a kid in Iowa I was taught the farmer throws his snot away but the rich man keeps his (meaning using a handkerchief) I still carry a hankie (also known as a "snot rag") but will use the farmers blow if I'm out alone walking the dog and have no tissues or handkerchief.

What can I say... guys are gross.

[/quote]

It makes one wonder if anyone takes excretions from other parts of their body and carries them around wrapped in a cloth...
    [/quote]

Those that, don't wipe; their butts!
  • canadianlbs
    canadianlbs Posts: 5,199 Member
    Options
    i ride a bike all winter. i'm kind of proud of my snotrocket skills :) but if i'm in the land of pedestrians i take advantage of having opposable thumbs and blow into a kleenex like normal people.
  • Girl_has_no_name
    Girl_has_no_name Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    I'm not sure what convo I just walking in on ....lol
  • Archer2017
    Archer2017 Posts: 1,999 Member
    Options
    I once had a coworker who got caught drinking and driving and blowing a stop sign all in one week, and she basically blamed the police for it and tried to prove they weren't doing their job right. As it usually goes...
    I'm married to a police officer and it was the most uncomfortable situation for the longest time and we stopped being friends afterwards.

PS, I don't think there were snot rockets involved but one can never be sure.
  • littlebritttfit
    littlebritttfit Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Archer777 wrote: »
    I once had a coworker who got caught drinking and driving and blowing a stop sign all in one week, and she basically blamed the police for it and tried to prove they weren't doing their job right. As it usually goes...
    I'm married to a police officer and it was the most uncomfortable situation for the longest time and we stopped being friends afterwards.

PS, I don't think there were snot rockets involved but one can never be sure.

omg, she sounds like a messssssss.
  • Archer2017
    Archer2017 Posts: 1,999 Member
    Options
    She really was. She had a whole slew of problems and had horrible decision making skill.
    A lot of people felt sorry for her but I could barely tolerate her.
  • canadianlbs
    canadianlbs Posts: 5,199 Member
    edited November 2016
    Options
    i don't do 'bosses' because i'm a freelance. that's my story and i'm sticking to it.

with that said i have been in a reporting-to position with some pretty weird folks. my [un]favourite is still the guy who appeared to have no social filters at all. he's ask the most weirdly, persistently intrusive questions with this strange lack of affect that made his curiosity even weirder because it wasn't even like you could trace things back to any meaningful 'need to know' cause. and then he would gossip about anything that he'd learned to the person's team peers - openly, without even muting his voice. which had that loud, blaring note to it that you get with people whose hearing's impaired.

he was *kitten* strange. i couldn't stand him, like a kind of social version of some creeping fungus that stays low-level but you can't cure. but i had a great broccoli-snorting moment when we went for a team dinner once and he told me with the same weird blankness how he had 'had to' leave england because he'd been editing a newspaper there and somehow managed to invoke a lawsuit from the most bland, personality-deprived prime minister that country's ever known. i mean, anybody could probably have pissed off thatcher or blair without trying hard. but it takes a special kind of person to turn john major litigious, amirite.