The 3 day military challenge!!!

Options
I've lost up 10 lbs in 3 days doing this challenge.. its hard and you have to have lots of self discipline..

Replies

• usmcmp
    usmcmp Posts: 21,220 Member
    Options
    You lost 10 pounds in 3 days because you're starving yourself. It's not an appropriate diet for anyone.
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    This fad diet has been around for decades (a bunch of different names). You lose water weight (along with some fat) but that's because it's very low calories, not because of the food combination nonsense.
  • xingchao
    xingchao Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I did it on my first couple of weeks using MFP and started to lose less pounds each time. It's not fun eating the same things for the three days, and I've found that I've lost more weight choosing the foods that I eat by myself.
  • rajendran157
    rajendran157 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Good job! I think crash diets could be useful along as you maintain discipline after. I'm with you, when I want immmediate change, i implement immmediate measures to get me to my goal.
  • cerise_noir
    cerise_noir Posts: 5,468 Member
    Options
    The 'Military' diet has NOTHING to do with the Military. Stop starving yourself.
    Good job! I think crash diets could be useful along as you maintain discipline after. I'm with you, when I want immmediate change, i implement immmediate measures to get me to my goal.

Good job? Let's not pat people on the back who go to extreme measures for weight loss, please?
  • rajendran157
    rajendran157 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    You have to begin somewhere and there is nothing wrong with what he is doing. This community is about support, not method bashing. Neither you or I am experts on what works best for him and I'll continue supporting those who are putting forth the effort.
  • singingflutelady
    singingflutelady Posts: 8,736 Member
    edited November 2016
    Options
    You have to begin somewhere and there is nothing wrong with what he is doing. This community is about support, not method bashing. Neither you or I am experts on what works best for him and I'll continue supporting those who are putting forth the effort.

This community is about healthy lifestyles not potentially damaging vlcd
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    Hot dogs, tuna and saltines? I think this "diet" was created as a joke. Someone wanted to create the weirdest, most arbitrary list of foods out and see how many people they could sucker into it. Even they log in to Pintrest today and are astounded it went this far.
  • queenliz99
    queenliz99 Posts: 15,317 Member
    Options
    Nope, you will neither be ripped nor swole.