Not waiting for the new year!!

Options
PhoenixRising89
PhoenixRising89 Posts: 4 Member
edited November 2016 in Getting Started
I have always started new years resolutions and failed. I am a bit of a perfectionist and always feel like I need to start on the first of the year or month or week ... And if I mess up I'll just start over next week. Well no more waiting. Tomorow ...Friday.... The 11th. I will start to improve myself and my body.... And yes those are two very diffrent things. My body does not define who I am as a person but I need work mentally and physically.

Replies

• courtneyfabulous
    courtneyfabulous Posts: 1,863 Member
    Options
    No time like right now!

I joined my gym on December 1st last year - beat the New Years resolution crowd by exactly 1 month.
  • BeccaC220
    BeccaC220 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I'm the same way! Always 'have' to start on January 1st. I'm with ya, girl. Starting tomorrow as well! ;)
  • JoellPowers
    JoellPowers Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I have trouble motivating myself to exercise alone. It's easier with a friend.
  • kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    Start today :)
  • trigden1991
    trigden1991 Posts: 4,658 Member
    Options
    Good luck. Dieting through the winter can be tough but it's not impossible.
  • Meghanebk
    Meghanebk Posts: 321 Member
    edited November 2016
    Options
    I actually set my first small goal this month - and it ENDS on Jan 1. Then I'll set the next one. Better to start now than gain a few pounds and have to do more work later!
  • Jeannie3099
    Jeannie3099 Posts: 61 Member
    edited November 2016
    Options
    I have always started new years resolutions and failed. I am a bit of a perfectionist and always feel like I need to start on the first of the year or month or week ... And if I mess up I'll just start over next week. Well no more waiting. Tomorow ...Friday.... The 11th. I will start to improve myself and my body.... And yes those are two very diffrent things. My body does not define who I am as a person but I need work mentally and physically.

I sent you a Friend Request! You sound exactly like a person that I would like to have on my team. Let's show the world that we can do this with help from our friends.

Jeannie
    Spanish Fork, Utah <3:)
  • 0309beYOUtiful
    0309beYOUtiful Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I like how you think! I was the same way. And that way of thinking led to excuse after excuse, and failure after failure. 10 days ago, on a Thursday my sister and I started MFP together because it is good to have a weight loss buddy. But I also have a great support system here on MFP. I sent you a FR!! :smile:
  • lynn_glenmont
    lynn_glenmont Posts: 9,988 Member
    Options
    I started on MFP on a Wednesday. At lunch, not breakfast. In the middle of August.
    I lost 15% of my body weight (my initial goal was only 10% but it was so much easier than any other "diet" I had ever tried that I kept going) and I'm at nearly three years of maintaining the loss.
    Now is always the best time to start.
  • Manda5352
    Manda5352 Posts: 121 Member
    Options

That's Awesome girl I started may 6th and have lost 52 lbs so far I have also had to change my mind mentally I'm here if you need someone to talk too