What body fat am I?

Options

Replies

• Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    sgt1372 wrote: »
    No offense OP but it looks closer 20% to me because that's the way I looked at that level.

No way. I'd say 15% max.
  • sgt1372
    sgt1372 Posts: 3,987 Member
    edited November 2016
    Options

No way. I'd say 15% max.

I respectfully disagree. If the OP is at 15%, then I would be (based on appearance alone) bet 12-15%. I've been bet 12-15% before and I still don't look as lean yet at the 16-16.9% I am now (based on my last tests done w/in the past 6 weeks) as I did then.

Of course, it's really pointless to argue about it based on our individual opinions.

As I've already suggested, the only way to know for sure "who's right" (w/in a reasonable degree of error - around 5%) is to get a DXA scan or get weighed hydrostatically, which I hope the OP will do.
  • Hornsby
    Hornsby Posts: 10,322 Member
    Options
    Post a pic for comparison then?

To the OP, disregard the outlier "guess". There is no chance you are 20-25%.
  • WayTooHonest
    WayTooHonest Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    I'd would say you look like...who the crap cares. You look GOOD.
  • AnvilHead
    AnvilHead Posts: 18,344 Member
    Options
    I'd estimate the neighborhood of 15% as well. 20-25%? Not a chance.
  • sgt1372
    sgt1372 Posts: 3,987 Member
    Options
    Hornsby wrote: »

Not interested in getting into a pissing match about this but, here you go:

body-fat-percentage-men.jpg

I still think the OP "looks" closer to 20% than 15%. Those of you who think he's 15% will obviously conclude otherwise, but I definitely think he's somewhere in between.

FWIW, I look like I'm between 10-12% and 15% (currently closer to the former) but I just got weighed/scanned (respectively) at 16 and 16.9% w/in the past 6 weeks. So, pics are not necessarily reliable in gauging BF%.

To repeat myself again (for the final time), no way to really know unless he gets a DXA scan or gets weighed hydrostatically. Anything else is just a guess despite what you may insist.

EOM. Ciao!
  • bioklutz
    bioklutz Posts: 1,365 Member
    Options
    I don't see it @sgt1372. The OP looks much closer to the 15% picture to me. He has some definition in his abs. Good shoulder definition (that area looks in between 12-15 to me). I can even see some obliques.
  • Hornsby
    Hornsby Posts: 10,322 Member
    Options
    It's not a pissing match. You are just wrong.

I still think the OP "looks" closer to 20% than 15%. Those of you who think he's 15% will obviously conclude otherwise, but I definitely think he's somewhere in between.

FWIW, I look like I'm between 10-12% and 15% (currently closer to the former) but I just got weighed/scanned (respectively) at 16 and 16.9% w/in the past 6 weeks. So, pics are not necessarily reliable in gauging BF%.

To repeat myself again (for the final time), no way to really know unless he gets a DXA scan or gets weighed hydrostatically. Anything else is just a guess despite what you may insist.

EOM. Ciao!

• pbryd
    pbryd Posts: 364 Member
    Options
    I'm around the same bf% and I've decide to cut down to 10% ish before restarting a bulk.

My opinion is that bulking at 15% will only eventually lead to a bf% of 20% later and a much longer cut will be needed.

So a smaller cut now, leads to a longer bulk and you still won't pass the 15% mark later.
  • mparry79
    mparry79 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Thanks for comments, I think I'll do a 6 week cut pre xmas then bulk from there. Nice to see some debate!
  • serapel
    serapel Posts: 502 Member
    Options
    JoshD8705 wrote: »
    Never go on a cut during the holidays unless you're in my shape lol. Do a slow lean bulk, and then around Feb. start slimming down for the summer.

what is a slow lean bulk?
  • serapel
    Options
    mparry79 wrote: »
    Thanks for comments, I think I'll do a 6 week cut pre xmas then bulk from there. Nice to see some debate!

no way I'm doing any cut until after xmas :wink:
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,871 Member
    Options

EOM. Ciao!

OP does not have a visible belly or love handles as the 20-25% pictures show...he looks pretty bang on 15%ish with reasonable, but not a substantial amount of muscle mass.

Perhaps you are leaner than you think and giving yourself credit for.
  • serapel
    Options
    You is smokin!!!! I think you look around 15% as well
  • brentfostwood904
    brentfostwood904 Posts: 51 Member
    edited November 2016
    Options
    you look just like my friend who is 15% and a similar build to you
  • PAV8888
    PAV8888 Posts: 13,786 Member
    Options
    The op looks a touch below the 15% picture.

I HAD multiple DEXA scans (just something to do while losing weight) and @ my 26% scan I looked very close to the 25% picture (disregarding loose skin) which the OP sure as heck doesn't.
  • se015
    se015 Posts: 583 Member
    Options
    Based on the poster pic I'd say OP matches most with the 15%.
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,401 MFP Moderator
    Options
    Seth1825 wrote: »
    Based on the poster pic I'd say OP matches most with the 15%.

Based on their last post, I am thinking 14.1%...
  • Martinfit77
    Martinfit77 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    What do you want? more definition, then a slow cut. Get bigger, then a bulk and a cut (much more work). Personally I would just stay the same, you look great, eat the same and keep lifting heavier.

I was gonna say exactly the same