Support through Intermittent Fasting

Options
11/2: Starting Intermittent fasting today! Gonna be a 16/8 fast for first couple of weeks in the morning time. I hope I make it through next two months and see some results! I will post regular updates on this chain and will appreciate if anybody else who is fasting does the same

Replies

• mumbles2013
    mumbles2013 Posts: 289 Member
    edited November 2016
    Options
    Hey!!! I'm on the 19/5 split and I love it!!!! I'm a few days ahead of you as I started Oct 29th. This is such a great idea as I've been looking to see if I could find info on how IF has worked for others on a week by week basis. I will be back every full week to update... can't wait for day 8 now so I can post a full 7 day weight loss result!!!! I have seen amazing results for others on youtube which is what made me want to start it and the explanation of how it works just made soooo much sense to me. Looking to drop 61 pounds in the next 4 - 5 months really with this. I love that it's flexible so i can shift or extend my window if i have plans and not feel guilty as long as i stay within my cals. I'm trying to stay under 1350 in my diary which is open if you'd like a peep. I like chocolate treats so don't judge lol.
    For exercise I'm only making sure i hit at least 10k steps a day as i have 2 little ones ( 3yo and 18 mth ) that are with me constantly so workout time alone is hard to get.
    SW 187lbs
    GW 126lbs
  • leejoyce31
    leejoyce31 Posts: 794 Member
    Options
    Hey!!! I'm on the 19/5 split and I love it!!!! I'm a few days ahead of you as I started Oct 29th. This is such a great idea as I've been looking to see if I could find info on how IF has worked for others on a week by week basis. I will be back every full week to update... can't wait for day 8 now so I can post a full 7 day weight loss result!!!! I have seen amazing results for others on youtube which is what made me want to start it and the explanation of how it works just made soooo much sense to me. Looking to drop 61 pounds in the next 4 - 5 months really with this. I love that it's flexible so i can shift or extend my window if i have plans and not feel guilty as long as i stay within my cals. I'm trying to stay under 1350 in my diary which is open if you'd like a peep. I like chocolate treats so don't judge lol.
    For exercise I'm only making sure i hit at least 10k steps a day as i have 2 little ones ( 3yo and 18 mth ) that are with me constantly so workout time alone is hard to get.
    SW 187lbs
    GW 126lbs
    I started IF on 10/16. My goal was 16:8, but found that I could go longer, more like 17.5 hours. This week I'm only able to do 16 hours. I will take that though. It's just weird that I can't go longer anymore. Maybe, it's hormonal. I just started my active BC pills. That usually increases my hunger a bit. I'll see what happens over the next couple of weeks.
  • mumbles2013
    Options
    I'm soooooo excited today!!!! IF for one full week has shifted 5lbs!!! I have been at 187 for over a month and I have been walking everywhere and eating well but couldn't move from that number granted I wasn't counting calories at the time but i wasn't eating badly. I'm getting stuck in to week two now.

SW 187lbs
    W1 182lbs
    GW 126lbs

56lbs to go!!!
  • mumbles2013
    Options
    This week wasn't as good as I thought it would be. I lost 3lbs but my diet wasn't the best although I eat only during my feeding window.

SW 187lbs
    W1 182lbs
    W2 179lbs
    GW 126lbs

53lbs to go!!
  • makeoverpm
    makeoverpm Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    Hello there guys. I'm wanting to try the intermittent fasting I don't fully understand the 19/5 or 16/8 numbers.
    I'd appreciate any guidance.
    Thanks
  • sbz113z
    sbz113z Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    This week wasn't as good as I thought it would be. I lost 3lbs but my diet wasn't the best although I eat only during my feeding window.

SW 187lbs
    W1 182lbs
    W2 179lbs
    GW 126lbs

53lbs to go!!

Great job!!! Thank you so much for providing the updates by the week, this is GREAT information for someone like me who is just starting IF and looking for information. Keep up the great work!
  • littlebritttfit
    littlebritttfit Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    i do 16:8 and really like it. it's TOTALLY helped control calorie intake and make me more mindful of food.
  • JoenDeb1958
    JoenDeb1958 Posts: 229 Member
    edited November 2016
    Options
    i do 16:8 and really like it. it's TOTALLY helped control calorie intake and make me more mindful of food.

I tried it IF but I kinda do that without meaning too. Glad it's working for u