Why is everyone here?

Options
2»

Replies

• peter2100
    peter2100 Posts: 101 Member
    edited November 2016
    Options
    I used to be on eating disorder forums, and I realized I don't belong. I'm just too normal minded. But I want to find a community that embraces being lean and where you can talk about your diet and such, without the toxicity and self hating on ED sites.

I've been using cronometer actually.
  • thehexenbiest
    thehexenbiest Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    I mainly use it to track my calories, weight loss and other goals. But I also really like the community aspect of this place.
  • fanosatchmo
    fanosatchmo Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I joined to find out more about it as it is an often recommended site and app. I stay because I am amazed at how useful it is.
  • kjurassic
    kjurassic Posts: 571 Member
    Options
    I'm here because I was obese and didn't want to be anymore. I will be here indefinitely because I'm no longer obese or overweight and I'm determined to stay that away. MFP has been crucial to my success.
  • laviedemo
    laviedemo Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    In the past, I've used MFP to track my macros and calories, and I found it really helpful. Eventually I decided to stop, but since found that I'm not as consistent. So, MFP really helps me stay on track. That, and I enjoy learning from others and just being in a community of like-minded people.
  • VeganRaptor
    VeganRaptor Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    I'm here to keep myself on track with gaining weight (and health) through eating disorder recovery.
    I also use the calorie tracker to see how I'm doing with variety and nutrients on a vegan diet- although I'm trying to wean myself off counting calories eventually.

I think that posting in the forums helps me remind myself of the reasons why I need to recover :smile:
  • kristikitter
    kristikitter Posts: 602 Member
    Options
    I like the routine of logging, the honesty of publishing my food intake, and the cheerleading along the way :)
  • crzycatlady1
    crzycatlady1 Posts: 1,930 Member
    edited November 2016
    Options
    The forum area is the only part of MFP I use and I enjoy interacting with others who have similar health/weight histories and goals.
  • jvcjim
    jvcjim Posts: 812 Member
    edited November 2016
    Options
    Noel_57 wrote: »
    My probation officer required it. :|

lucky you! the warden here requires it. oh, to just have gotten away with probation :)
  • Derpy_Hooves
    Derpy_Hooves Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    I started out here on a whim, someone else suggested it. Then it worked (ie I lost weight) and I was hooked.
    Now I use MFP for maintenance. Might not always log, but just having the app on my phone helps to keep control (mostly).
  • RoxieDawn
    RoxieDawn Posts: 15,488 Member
    Options
    I was told this is where the cool kids are....
  • fitlife07
    fitlife07 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I'm here for the cat avatars.

Haha yeah pretty much
  • fitlife07
    fitlife07 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    But on a rather serious side note, I've been using the app for yeaaaars now. 4 or 5 maybe. Even before I became a workout junkie. There's just something really motivating about it!
  • lauraryanx1
    lauraryanx1 Posts: 20 Member
    edited November 2016
    Options
    malibu927 wrote: »
    I was told there would be cookies..

*hides Oreo package* Where?

Lmao this made me laugh
  • llbrixon
    llbrixon Posts: 964 Member
    Options
    neldabg wrote: »
    I mainly use MFP for weight management. Tracking calories helps me maintain my weight without thinking too much and browsing the forums is entertaining and helps me keep my head in the game. I've become a little attached to the community here.

Me too!
  • trigden1991
    trigden1991 Posts: 4,658 Member
    Options
    To track my calories and learn about the latest detox's/wraps/scams to help me lose weight.
  • dltgrl
    dltgrl Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I am here because I need to lose 50 more pounds so that I can get on the kidney transplant list. I have already lost 50 pounds with the help of a dietician and my doctors.This is just one of many tools I am using to get to the transplant center's goal. I do agree with the statement above that sometimes the advice around here is scary wrong. I have 5% function left in my kidneys and I am on a restricted protein diet. If I had followed some of the suggestions I would already be on dialysis.I take the good and leave the rest.
  • kristikitter
    kristikitter Posts: 602 Member
    Options
    To look hawt.

Nah, really it's to feel comfortable in my skin and be able to wear what I like and feel good in it :)
  • feisty_bucket
    feisty_bucket Posts: 1,047 Member
    Options
    I use it to manage my calories every day, which is very easy because it's mostly the same stuff.

There are lots of ways to do that though, so what I like about MFP in particular is my friends list. It's good to see the regulars ticking along in the feed, day after day, doing the work. They don't have to say much; their consistency alone is helpful to see and relate to.