I once had a boss/ co-worker....

Options

Replies

• Justme_1
    Justme_1 Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    I had a female coworker vent to me how the night before a guy from the gym offered to let her sit in his car while hers warmed up (winter time). she started her car and went in his, the guy had his pants to his knees, full soldier waiting.
    No, I didn't ask what she did next. I was speechless. Why tell me about it?
    And She was hot
  • Justme_1
    Options
    Justme_1 wrote: »
    I had a female coworker vent to me how the night before a guy from the gym offered to let her sit in his car while hers warmed up (winter time). she started her car and went in his, the guy had his pants to his knees, full soldier waiting.
    And She was hot

Do you really believe a girl has to be hot for a guy to show her his junk? As if to say men are soo selective? Please. If you have a hole, there is always a dbag wanting to fill it

That's not what I was saying.
    But yeah, there is always a guy like that running for president. LOL
  • michael1976_ca
    michael1976_ca Posts: 3,488 Member
    Options
    I once worked for two brothers. The oldest one would always refer to me as gay. Oh how I wanted to punch him in the lip. Except I was good friends with his brother
  • thisonetimeatthegym
    thisonetimeatthegym Posts: 1,977 Member
    edited November 2016
    Options
    And She was hot

Pretty sure he prefaced his discussion with, "no one has more respect for women" than he does. :|
  • Justme_1
    Options
    And She was hot

Pretty sure he prefaced his discussion with, "no one has more respect for women" than he does. :|

You're probably right. Lol
  • JSaus13
    JSaus13 Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    JSaus13 wrote: »
    Jimb376mfp wrote: »
    When I was younger and worked in Illinois my boss was a Texan who never wore an overcoat in winter. Sport coat and gloves only.

He would walk in from the cold and very loudly snort a BIG lugey and then swallow it. He was my boss 1973-78 and I can still hear him doing that! I cannot get that memory out of my head!

Ew! My ex-husband used to blow what I called "snot rockets" out of his nose onto the sidewalk or wherever we were in public....so gross!

GAAAAAAAAAAAAH!!!!!! My husband does this. It makes me insane!
    Divorce?

*giggle* I guess if that's the only nasty thing that he does (in front of me), I'll be okay.....I think.....
  • pbandwine
    pbandwine Posts: 1,236 Member
    Options
    When I was 22, I had a boss who liked to rub my back whenever I was standing next to him. The last time this happened (right before I quit) he patted my butt. Why didn't I tell HR? Because his best friend was the head of it.
  • JSaus13
    Options
    I STILL have a boss that talks endlessly about things that I don't care about, that have NOTHING to do with work, that have nothing to do with anything or anyone but him (i.e. motor cycles, darts, his car, how he looked up something on the internet, how he calculated travel time, how he has to blow leaves, motor cycles, darts). When I say talks endlessly, I mean, I get so out of my head aggravated that I really just need him to shoosh or I feel as though I may go off of my rocker. I'm close to the edge right now. If I try and mention anything about anything, he interrupts and puts the topic onto him.
  • Justme_1
    Options
    I STILL have a boss that talks endlessly about things that I don't care about, that have NOTHING to do with work, that have nothing to do with anything or anyone but him (i.e. motor cycles, darts, his car, how he looked up something on the internet, how he calculated travel time, how he has to blow leaves, motor cycles, darts). When I say talks endlessly, I mean, I get so out of my head aggravated that I really just need him to shoosh or I feel as though I may go off of my rocker. I'm close to the edge right now. If I try and mention anything about anything, he interrupts and puts the topic onto him.

Sounds like a man who has no friends to talk to, or is hoping you get interested in him. Or both
  • Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,492 Member
    Options

My advice, develop a strong working knowledge and keen interest in motorcycles.

Granted, this is incredibly poor advice but consider the source.

* shrug
  • JSaus13
    Options
    Motorsheen wrote: »

* shrug

I have tried to be "more tolerable." I've worked here for 15 years. It just gets harder and harder as the years go on.
  • JSaus13
    Options

Sounds like a man who has no friends to talk to, or is hoping you get interested in him. Or both

He is married......but I know he's not really allowed to talk about anything at home.

I do feel bad for him in that aspect. It just sucks that we get ALL of the conversation (other girl in the office). There are other employees! LOL!
  • Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,492 Member
    Options

* shrug

I have tried to be "more tolerable." I've worked here for 15 years. It just gets harder and harder as the years go on.

It sounds like he likes you and values your company.

Hang in there; I get it, I do.

I once worked for a lady that called me a "Gem" in the office. I hated every second of time spent with her.

She was a nice lady but I had to resign the job because of her.
  • kschwab0203
    kschwab0203 Posts: 610 Member
    Options

* shrug

It sounds like he likes you and values your company.

Hang in there; I get it, I do.

I once worked for a lady that called me a "Gem" in the office. I hated every second of time spent with her.

She was a nice lady but I had to resign the job because of her.

I think a lot of people quit bosses, not jobs. I loved my job but my boss was a complete wackadoo.
  • Jimb376mfp
    Jimb376mfp Posts: 6,231 Member
    Options
    138shades wrote: »
    Mine is 74.....I don't need to explain much more.

Do you work for Donald Trump!?
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    Options
    I used to be an auditor and traveled a lot for work...I didn't always travel and work with the same people, but ultimately in that business, little cliques and whatnot are formed.

There was one particular co-worker who I worked with a lot. We were on an out of town job and our hotel rooms were adjacent to each other...I woke up sometime in the middle of the night to a faint, unusual sound...it took me a minute but I finally figured out that she was working a vibrator in there and climaxing...

Wasn't gross...I thought it was kind of hot...we still see each other on occasion socially and she has no idea...I get a little smirk almost every time I see her...
  • sw33tp3a_1
    sw33tp3a_1 Posts: 795 Member
    Options
    I used to work in retail [ I worked the customer service desk ] My former Co worker used to fart uncontrollably. I literally hated the days I knew I had to work with her. She didn't care about her gas issues... I could swear once she even smiled at me while she did it.
  • vikinglander
    vikinglander Posts: 1,547 Member
    edited November 2016
    Options
    I used to work in a retail setting with both a boss and a coworker who were without doubt on medication of some kind for something, probably ADD or ADHD or SOMEthing! I could always tell when they were off the meds because their behavior, especially with customers, was starkly different. Some days I was scheduled to work with both of them and there were lots of times when they were both off at the same time.

I came in one day and on my way to the back to punch in, my boss started screaming at me right on the sales floor about something I forgot the night before, when I closed...I seem to recall that it was something REALLY important like I forgot to empty one of the waste baskets...and I mean really red-in-the-face screaming.

I stood there staring in disbelief until she ran out of breath, then I said, very calmly, "I'm not your 16 y/o child, and you cannot speak to me like that. If there is a problem with my performance, when cooler heads prevail, we can sit down and discuss it." And I walked away from her and went to the timeclock.

We sat in a conference room later with the store manager while she 'wrote me up' for not emptying one of three trash cans. Even the store manger thought she was nuts. She later got transferred to another store, but I heard that her team mutinied after six months and went to management and demanded that she be replaced. They transferred her again and demoted her. Sweet!!!

Never kept track of the other wacko, so not sure where he wound up. He used to talk to himself about the customers, right in front of the customers! I used to walk around the department whistling the Looney Tunes theme song whenever he was on a rant. Not sure if that makes me any better!