comments on my diary?

Options
barbiex3
barbiex3 Posts: 1,036 Member
I try to keep my diary open for people, but i find that people are saying very rude things about what I eat. It is really starting to upset me because I am losing weight, and I am eating healthy, and this is hard.

Should I just make my diary private? I try to leave it open because people ask me "how did you do it" all the time. I don't want to act sneaky, but I just don't like when people say i'm not eating healthy =[ ! I eat around 2,000 calories every day because I burn around 900 every day... It makes me feel fat when people say mean things on my food diary :'( !

Replies

• ImperfektAngel
    ImperfektAngel Posts: 811 Member
    Options
    WTH? people can write stuff on it???
  • riccimua
    riccimua Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Make it only open to your friends and if those people are stil saying rude things take them off your friends list!! Who needs them we are here for encouragement. If they look at where you started and where you are now they will see you worked hard to get where you are now!! They are just jealous. Instead they should look to you for inspiration!! Don't let the haters get to you!! Stay positive!!
  • kiminita
    kiminita Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    Can you say HATERS??? It's cool girl, don't even trip. Just do you <3
  • ashlinmarie
    ashlinmarie Posts: 1,263 Member
    Options
    If you're burning that many calories, then you should be eating 2000 a day to be healthy. And honestly, you don't look like you need to lose much weight as you're very thin so I'd remove them and keep doing what you're doing!

Unless of course, you're eating 2000 calories in donuts ;P
  • Avalonis
    Avalonis Posts: 1,540 Member
    Options
    I'd say leave it open. F*** the haters, they can kiss your butt. Stay eating healthy, eat enough, and ignore whoever doesn't like it.

Hell, I ate a Sarducci sandwich today. Its got 200mg of Sodium, and was DELICIOUS. Someone please tell me how unhealthy that was, so I can eat another one in a few days.
  • Helice
    Helice Posts: 1,075 Member
    Options
    im sorry i know ur talking about me.
    i was just saying congrats.
    because if i had the tortilla chips i wouldnt of been able to stop eating them..
    Sorry. =[
  • skinnylaura88
    Options
    you are doing great!!! go on!!
  • tkcasta
    tkcasta Posts: 405 Member
    Options
    Make it only open to your friends and if those people are stil saying rude things take them off your friends list!! Who needs them we are here for encouragement. If they look at where you started and where you are now they will see you worked hard to get where you are now!! They are just jealous. Instead they should look to you for inspiration!! Don't let the haters get to you!! Stay positive!!

I second that, I had to do it too.
  • beedo30
    beedo30 Posts: 186
    Options
    I'd say leave it open. F*** the haters, they can kiss your butt. Stay eating healthy, eat enough, and ignore whoever doesn't like it.
    Amen Brotha!
    Leave it open, who care what they think anyway, laugh at them for not being YOU!
  • barbiex3
    barbiex3 Posts: 1,036 Member
    Options
    because if i had the tortilla chips i wouldnt of been able to stop eating them..
    Sorry. =[

well it's really rude to tell someone eating a serving size of chips is "unhealthy"... sorry.
  • 143sunflower
    Options
    I like the comments they keep me on track....and they keep me honest when logging my food...as long as the comments arent belittling....its all good
  • kjjm08
    kjjm08 Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    Amen Brotha!
    Leave it open, who care what they think anyway, laugh at them for not being YOU!

So true! You know you are doing awesome and look great, so &%^$ the haters girl and keep doing your thing!!
  • beedo30
    beedo30 Posts: 186
    Options
    How do you know if you have any comments on your diary anyway? I dont think anyone has looked at mine!
  • Jennloella
    Jennloella Posts: 2,286 Member
    Options
    I think any time you leave any aspect of your life open for people/friends/strangers to observe, you are opening yourself to hear their opinions which you may not like or agree with. it is what it is. If it bothers you, close it, I'm not really sure anyone would be offended if you made it private? Usually people open their diary so friends can keep them accountable......I've called friends out on going all day without veggies, I don't remember them throwing a fit!! Just let it roll of your back.....
  • Helice
    Helice Posts: 1,075 Member
    Options
    Sorry. =[

well it's really rude to tell someone eating a serving size of chips is "unhealthy"... sorry.

i didnt mean to be rude.
    today i ate 2 packs on minstrels.
    2 buttefly cakes.
    a screwball and some full fat pepsi.
    i wanst at all saying u were unhealthy.
    i was just saying that you did well only eating that small portion of potato wedges.
    thats why i said not so healthy because it was primarily healthy.
    im sorry ='[
  • kjjm08
    kjjm08 Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    I think it might be in the edit notes part, at least that is what I think. I know the edit button shows when I look at other diaries. I would never even thing to make rude comments though. Tacky.
  • snkeller24
    snkeller24 Posts: 459
    Options
    Those of us who support you know how hard you work and how dedicated you are. That's what matters.
  • jolieblossom
    Options
    Hey girl, I'd keep it open...there's always gonna be hates or even sometimes we can take things the wrong way. I would keep it available to friends only because it helps you and the ones who see it. Just keep being confident in your loss! U are doing great!
  • Perfectlycrooked
    Perfectlycrooked Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    Lol, stop being so petty and sensitive.
    It was totally rude to blow it up like this. Not needed.
  • justleeanne
    justleeanne Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    Helice is a friend of mine and she is a great mfp friend to me, I can assure you she is not a "hater" or an *kitten* and something she has written in complete innocence and trying to congratulate someone has been totally blown out of proportion here!!

Sometimes it is better not to air your dirty laundry in public and if someone makes any kind of comments towards you in future that you don't like, you could deal with it in another manner and go directly to the source of the problem and private message them, that way you can understand better why they have written something and hopefully realise that someone has not meant to offend you and in turn you won't have upset that person by going and writing a forum post based around something they have written!!