No 'Diet' No Weigh In

Options
Hi all,

Trying something a bit different. Going to aim for less than 2000 calories everyday and avoid the scale because I believe it hinders my progress and focus. Would love some friends for moral support. My name is Hannah Jordan I am 31 years old from Liverpool, England and I am a secondary school teacher of English

Replies

• cathipa
    cathipa Posts: 2,991 Member
    Options
    Are you sure this calorie goal would put you into a deficit?
  • AutumnDancer26
    AutumnDancer26 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Hi hun! It's really great that you're trying a new approach, but I'd just like to warn you about a few things. Not looking at the scale can be a really great way to keep self esteem up. I used to weigh myself everyday and it was just disappointed. But I would say don't rule it out completely, it really does help track your progress. Weight yourself every week, 10 days, or two weeks, whatever you feel comfortable with is much better (and shows much more progress) than not at all.

Also, tracking calories is also very tedious and disappointing at times, but weight loss really does boil down to calories in versus calories out. Meaning, while not being obsessive about caloric intake is admirable, make sure that your intuitive eating doesn't become a habit, and just because you're "eating clean" does not mean you should overeat. As unfortunate as it is, calories are the metric, so while aiming for 2000 is smart, make sure you keep an eye on things so that it doesn't go too far over or under.

This stuff is risky business, and overall this is the best technique for maintaining weight, not loosing it, so please keep these things in mind, and I wish you the best! Good luck, you can do this!
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    Whatever works! Good luck!
  • rose313
    rose313 Posts: 1,146 Member
    Options
    How many calories are you burning per day? I'm burning about 2000-2100, so if I ate 2000 I wouldn't really be in a deficit and I wouldn't lose weight. Everyone is different, what about you?