How did you know when you did not want to lose any more weight?

Options
I am not there, but I feel I am getting close to the point where I want to maintain, rather than lose anymore weight. It has been so many years since I have been anywhere close to my current weight. I am just curious how others feel.

Replies

• Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    Options
    I've been maintaining for 2.5 years but I'm still not there. Let's just say I reached the 'there's no way I can lose more without being miserable' point first (at 15 lbs under the top of the normal BMI, 5 pounds from my goal) and I'm trying to learn to live with it (although frankly I don't really want to have to buy new pants again at this point anyway, but I wouldn't mind losing a couple inches more on my hips).
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    Options
    I hit a BF% that was easy to maintain and that I was happy with...12-15% is my happy place...lower than that and I'm pretty miserable...higher than that (like right now) and I feel like a fat *kitten*.
  • SuzySunshine99
    SuzySunshine99 Posts: 2,984 Member
    Options
    When my BMI was comfortably in the normal range and I didn't have the budget to buy any more new clothes.
  • holliebaker90
    holliebaker90 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Sued0nim wrote: »
    My boobs hit a C cup

I was just about to say the same thing! I want to go back to my B cup. I hate that when I gain weight, It goes straight to my boobs lol
  • kristen6350
    kristen6350 Posts: 1,094 Member
    Options
    My boobs hit a C cup

I so wished that actually happened. My back measurement just kept going down. At 5'11 and 143lbs (which is on the low end of normal) my size was 30G.

• Oishii
    Oishii Posts: 2,675 Member
    Options
    My boobs hit a C cup

At my lightest my boobs go BELOW an A Cup, and that's not particularly light.
  • kschwab0203
    kschwab0203 Posts: 610 Member
    Options
    My boobs hit a C cup

I'm kinda jealous. My boobs never shrink. :( My *kitten* is the first thing to go, but my boobs never.
  • jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member
    Options
    My boobs hit a C cup

I'm kinda jealous. My boobs never shrink. :( My *kitten* is the first thing to go, but my boobs never.

I have said this before but my cup size increased as I lost 52 lbs, which was very exciting :smiley: Then over this past summer, I started noticing a decrease (while stomach fat remained.)
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    Options
    jemhh wrote: »
    My boobs hit a C cup

I have said this before but my cup size increased as I lost 52 lbs, which was very exciting :smiley: Then over this past summer, I started noticing a decrease (while stomach fat remained.)

No, it didn't. Cups just go up as the band goes down. So a 34 D and a 36 C will really be the same cup size.
  • jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member
    Options
    Francl27 wrote: »
    jemhh wrote: »
    My boobs hit a C cup

No, it didn't. Cups just go up as the band goes down. So a 34 D and a 36 C will really be the same cup size.

I understand that. I was excited that my around-the-rib measurement decreased at a faster rate than my around-the-bust measurement. It made it easier to find clothing that fit well and looked nice.
  • sardelsa
    sardelsa Posts: 9,812 Member
    Options
    The first time (in the past before I knew what I was doing) it was when I was too skinny, had no curves and lost my booty.

This time I know when I hit a certain BF%
  • spiriteagle99
    spiriteagle99 Posts: 3,675 Member
    Options
    When I was able to fit into the smaller size that I had stored in boxes in the closet. I diet so I don't have to shop for new clothes. (I hate shopping.) That took about 35 lbs. the first time, 45 pounds more recently, only 10 pounds this time around, hopefully.

When I lost 50 pounds, I got to the point where I knew I couldn't sustain that low weight. It would have meant a life of constantly feeling deprived, saying no to any and all treats, so I let myself gain a few pounds, to a level that I felt I could sustain it. I was on the low side of a healthy BMI, had very visible ribs and hip bones, but still had fat stores. I realized then that no matter how thin I got, I'd never have a perfect body. And I was okay with that.
  • lkpducky
    lkpducky Posts: 16,755 Member
    edited November 2016
    Options
    My boobs hit a C cup

I so wished that actually happened. My back measurement just kept going down. At 5'11 and 143lbs (which is on the low end of normal) my size was 30G.

I'm in the same boat. I went to a 32DDD or G depending on style. I'm darned lucky there is a specialty bra store not far from me that sells those kinds of hard-to-find sizes.

(Off-topic: the bra store owner is also an actress. She played Vasquez in "Aliens" and I think she still acts.)
  • JDixon852019
    JDixon852019 Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    I hit a 18.5 BMI. Did not like how that looked so gained 5lbs.
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,870 Member
    Options
    How did you know when you did not want to lose any more weight?

When a conflict arose between training for long distance cycling events and losing weight. I opted to focus on training which meant going up to maintenance.

Plus I was in the lower half of my BMI range anyway.