How do I gain lean muscle mass to look like a Personal Trainer

Options
Hello I'm a 22 year old 6 foot 1 1/2 man 194 pounds I was wondering how much calories I need to eat and which kinds at what amounts should I eat to gain muscle lean muscle mass I am currently allergic to Bananas and Kiwi

I also want to know how much fat carbs protein etc is too much for meals and snacks I.e I usually consume about 50 or more grams of fat from 6 in the morning through 3 PM

A nice food list would also be good

Replies

• TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    Set mfp up to gain 0.5lbs per week...

Google is your friend if you want some food idea, or make some pals with a similar calorie goal.

Find a decent progressive lifting plan and you're good
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options
    In my gym the personal trainers are all kinds of shapes and sizes, what kind of body do you want?

If you're looking to bulk you need a decent progressive resistance programme and adequate calories and protein
  • HungryasFuark
    HungryasFuark Posts: 463 Member
    edited November 2016
    Options
    To make it simple..Lift 3 to 5x per week ( you are young so above 3 is always better ) find the lifting program that suits you full body , upper/lower , push/pull etc progressively over load ( adding weight each week ) BUT WITH GOOD FORM and good form means maximum contraction of the muscle , slow retraction so no egotistical fast weightlifting , mind to muscle connection ( focus on just the muscle u are training ).

Include some cardio for heart health , stamina and lean muscle mass 5 to 10 mins warm up before and 20 min post lifting sessions is enough if u are bulking but still try to get active on your off days also .

Now as for calories buy a food scale to make sure u are counting right. start by multiplying your body weight in pounds by 15 or 16 ( the number you will get is your maintenance calories ) add 200 to 300 calories to that number ( always stay within this range to minimize fat gains ) you should gain 1 to 2 pounds a month but if u have little fat go for 2 pounds ( maintenance calories + 300 )set ur macros 40% 40% 20% or 50% 30% 20% Carb , Protein , Fat or whatever u like just make sure carbs and proteins are higher than fat .

Food choices Carbs : Potatoes , Veggies , fruits , Rice, Pasta , whole grains etc . Protein : Chicken , lean meat cuts . eggs , egg whites , milk , tuna , fish , protein powder or bars. Fat : Nuts , Oils , peanut butter , 3 % milk , chocolates , sweets etc .

Weight ur self every week just the first month just to know u are gaining something then weigh every 2 weeks to avoid mind games

Keep ur waist in check although fat gains will naturally come while bulking still u shouldn't go from like 34 jeans to 36 in 1 month lol dont gain any more than 2 pounds/month

Flex and Hit some poses every couple of weeks , take pics to *kitten* progress

Good luck !

• ShinySkyShaymin1994
    Options
    Sued0nim wrote: »
    In my gym the personal trainers are all kinds of shapes and sizes, what kind of body do you want?

If you're looking to bulk you need a decent progressive resistance programme and adequate calories and protein

I want to be shredded but I hope that wouldn't scare people who want to lose weight away
  • SonyaCele
    SonyaCele Posts: 2,841 Member
    Options
    you can go on bodybuilding.com and check out the diet and programs of some of the popular bodybuilders. Do what they do. They usually have specific lists of the foods they eat.