pissing alot drinkin to much or to little water

first of all just want to thank this forum, they have really helped me solve alot of issues..

the main issue is that whenever i work (i work at an upscale bar) i drink alot of water, and this leads to me goin to the bathroom(urinating) 4-6 times in a 6 hour shift. is this a good thing or bad thing. should i cut down on water. i dont really watch how much i drink in water, does this mean that i should drink more water on a daily basis. (im overweight, exercising, dieting, and attempting to lose weight)

Replies

• missxchelly
    missxchelly Posts: 180
    Water just goes through you is all. When I drink a bottle of water I have to pee like 3 times 20 mins later. It's terrible.
  • pauljsolie
    pauljsolie Posts: 1,024 Member
    Is your pee relatively clear or dark. Clear is good, you are flushing toxins out of your body. Or is it the other way around. Someone help.
  • jezzi4ever
    jezzi4ever Posts: 100
    Well, I believe you should be paying attention to the color--dark means dehydrated/not enough water, clear is good.

Not a whole lot of into--but hopefully that helps a little.
  • farfalledibaciodinotte
    farfalledibaciodinotte Posts: 181 Member
    DRINK DRINK DRINK!!!!
    The frequent urination is great, as your body is flushing out toxins!!!
  • maryd523
    maryd523 Posts: 661 Member
    I don't think it's a bad thing. I probably have to pee about 20-30 times per day. You should not cut down on your water.
  • elmobabie84
    elmobabie84 Posts: 112
    continue drinking your water... its flushing your system out so its a good thing. i "try" to drink at least 10 glasses of water a day and trust me i literally run to the bathroom sometimes. plus it helps with water retention.
  • jackiebo
    jackiebo Posts: 115 Member
    Like my mom says, "I don't drink water because it makes me pee." LOL Well, it's supposed to, that's the idea! Good advice about the color of the pee. It's virtually impossible to drink too much water. Well, it's possible but not very likely.
  • amyd03
    amyd03 Posts: 129 Member
    glad to hear this. cuz i have to go like 3 times in 20 min. it's crazy. at some point doesn't your body get use to so much water you don't have to go so often? i hope
  • greenhydrangea
    greenhydrangea Posts: 39 Member
    Here's an article that I found helpful, maybe you will too:

http://www.dumblittleman.com/2007/07/9-great-reasons-to-drink-water-and-how.html
  • SheilaSisco
    SheilaSisco Posts: 722 Member
    When I'm drinking all of my water I'm in the bathroom about once and hour... sometimes more. Don't worry, it's normal. As long as it isn't interfering with and causing problems with your job, just keep doing what you're doing! If is IS causing problems with your job, maybe try to get your water in mostly before and after your shift so you won't have to make as many tinkle trips on the clock. :)
  • the piss is clear thanks for your responses guys.
  • ACF2
    ACF2 Posts: 51
    youll find the more you drink at first, yes you will have to pee ALOT, but after a while (3-4weeks) your bladder will adjust.
    when you say alot of water- min should be 8 - 8 0z glasses per day , but anything up to 10 or 12 will also help you burn!
  • spicypepper
    spicypepper Posts: 1,016 Member
    That's a good thing! Your flushing out the bad. Just make sure you keep drinking roughly the same amount of water every day or your body will freak and you'll retain water.

I drink 3-32 oz bottles of water a day. I'm constantly peeing; but I'm also losing weight better now that I increased my intake. I hit a plateau, I'm past it now. ;)
  • ACF2
    ACF2 Posts: 51
    youll find the more you drink at first, yes you will have to pee ALOT, but after a while (3-4weeks) your bladder will adjust.
    when you say alot of water- min should be 8 - 8 0z glasses per day , but anything up to 10 or 12 will also help you burn!
  • That's a good thing! Your flushing out the bad. Just make sure you keep drinking roughly the same amount of water every day or your body will freak and you'll retain water.

I drink 3-32 oz bottles of water a day. I'm constantly peeing; but I'm also losing weight better now that I increased my intake. I hit a plateau, I'm past it now. ;)

this is aside from exercise water? cause i drink about 4 bottles when im exercising.
  • angela828
    angela828 Posts: 498 Member
    I work 5 hours during the day and literally pee 5-10 times. I drink 32 oz of water before I leave for work, then my coffee when I get to work, and then usually another 8-24 oz during lunch. When I get home, I pee. I drink about 32oz-64oz (sometimes more!) between late afternoon and bedtime. I pee at least 4 more times before bed and then usually as I am settled in bed, I decide to just pee again or else I have to wake up at 1AM to pee. And then I have to pee when I wake up at 6:30 LOL

When my pee is clear (as it normally is) I am happy because that is good. I love water and it is literally the only thing I drink now, besides my cup of iced coffee I make in the morning. I drink alcohol once/twice a month but other than that it is just water.

Also, sometimes my pee is so clear I stand up and think of something else and then I can't remember if I peed or not bc the water is so clear....

Honestly, my body never really adjusted to it.. but I don't mind bc it gives me more excuses to walk around at work! I love the idea of "flushing out the toxins".

Sorry for the many uses of the word pee... ;)