What is your strangest NSV?

Options
corsayre8
corsayre8 Posts: 551 Member
Can't believe I am about to share this, but on some weird level I am finding this both embarrassing and exciting.

For all of my memorable life, even in High School when I weighed less than I do now, my mid section has always been where I carry my weight. I can't remember a time when I didn't have two rolls of fat in my belly when I reclined or sat down, (and even at certain times in my life while standing). A couple months ago, I noticed it was starting to shift into three smaller rolls. And today it was four. Is it possible that eventually it will keep breaking down, and become many little bitty rolls of skin, and not large handfuls of fat? I am beginning to think so!!!

Ok, I've shared my most humiliating Non Scale Victory, anybody else have a good one?

Replies

• amyd03
    amyd03 Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    i have one but it is not humiliating. i was cooking the other day and my middle child (she's 14) goes mom you can tell you really have lost weight.
  • Athena413
    Athena413 Posts: 1,709 Member
    Options
    I noticed a mole/freckle/whatever you want to call it the other day that I had never noticed before...because before it had always been covered by a fold of skin and fat.
  • GypsyRose25
    GypsyRose25 Posts: 407
    Options
    You guys! All of your NSV's are awesome! I haven't had one yet, but I keep looking for it! =D
  • saffronblue
    saffronblue Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Awesome post! Rock on with your little tiny rolls!
  • ChantalGG
    ChantalGG Posts: 2,404 Member
    Options
    IBS gone. Guess pop, chips, chocolate and other fatty foods are not good for you after all. Who'd a thunk it?
  • Namaste1983
    Namaste1983 Posts: 603 Member
    Options
    my stomach used to hang down pretty far.... about 4 inches past thigh. Not so much anymore! Super gross and funny was not doing yoga poses to wipe my *kitten* lmao or being able to go into a normal restroom stall.
  • corsayre8
    Options
    I noticed a mole/freckle/whatever you want to call it the other day that I had never noticed before...because before it had always been covered by a fold of skin and fat.

Love how this process gets us more in touch with our bodies!
  • hstallings13
    hstallings13 Posts: 306
    Options
    for me it has been loosing my wedding ring. My eldest daughter found it for me, but it slipped off my finger and I never even noticed.
  • Heatherbelle_87
    Heatherbelle_87 Posts: 1,078 Member
    Options
    Lol mine is similar. I take Joy in my stomach shrinking UP and not dangling as much! Ill be jumping for Joy when I can SEE my c-sections scar without moving some skin
  • Mad_Dog_Muscle
    Mad_Dog_Muscle Posts: 1,251 Member
    Options
    I think thats an awesome NSV!! Keep breakin it down girl!! :drinker:
  • a_freeman
    a_freeman Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    I mentioned it on another message. I love that the seatbelt on airplanes has a longer tail.
  • Helice
    Helice Posts: 1,083 Member
    Options
    its not humiliating at all!!
    its a great achievement!!
    i cant wait until i have this victory too!
    Congrats!! ^-^ ^-^
  • savannahgro
    savannahgro Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    I just saw a friend I haven't seen in years (probably 07 or 08?) who i only see at random due to living far away from each other. Anyway, he was in town last night and when we were hanging out he mentioned that I looked like I lost weight. When I first met him in 05 or 06, I was probably at my smallest prior to this weight loss, so it was kind of crazy for him to even notice! He looked at my license picture too (because we went out for a beer and I'm ID'd everywhere) and he said I even look like smaller than that picture!
    I liked it ;)
  • corsayre8
    Options
    my stomach used to hang down pretty far.... about 4 inches past thigh. Not so much anymore! Super gross and funny was not doing yoga poses to wipe my *kitten* lmao or being able to go into a normal restroom stall.

Lol, hope you were also good at chair pose! Don't want to touch those public seats!
  • LJCannon
    LJCannon Posts: 3,636 Member
    Options
    I mentioned it on another message. I love that the seatbelt on airplanes has a longer tail.

The last time we flew to Vegas I took a picture of the seat belt with a 'Tail' that reached almost to my knee. I was so happy that I didn't care what anyone thought about me taking pictures of my Lap!!:laugh: :happy: I think the picture is on my Profile.
  • YellowStrawberry
    YellowStrawberry Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    Mine is my newer shoes do not fit. Although, my old Nike work out shoes from like 2005 FIT!! Glad I had not donated those.. as they had not picked up yet!! These are running shoes and you slip the foot into the shoe and it fits like a glove.. so I guess my feet got over weight too!! lol
  • want2walknotwaddle
    want2walknotwaddle Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    well the bath fits much better than it used to and can get the water to go over my belly without flooding the bathroom lol

can also see where my belly button used to be pierced another stone down getting it pierced again
  • risefromruin
    risefromruin Posts: 483 Member
    Options
    Painting my toenails and not feeling like my lungs were being squished by my fat tummy! Also, the day my butt fit between the side things on the step stool at work when I sat down on it :)
  • chevy88grl
    chevy88grl Posts: 3,937 Member
    Options
    Strangest?

Hm. Probably being able to fit through the storage door in our pop-up camper. The "normal" door wouldn't open and we didn't want to have to put it up to put stuff in it (since it had a canoe strapped to the top). So, I loaded it through the storage door. Couldn't believe I could fit through that tiny door!

Strangest NSV, by far. lol.
  • JCubbins
    JCubbins Posts: 92
    Options
    My strangest and REALLY humiliating NSV happened at school. I was running at PE and my shorts fell off!! Thank God only few girls from my class were there, so after swearing that they'd never say anything I was quite happy :P
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!