I love logging food?

Options
jamieparadis20
jamieparadis20 Posts: 129 Member
Ok so this is a weird question but recently I noticed that I genuinely love using the mfp app. The first time I tried using it I absolutely hated having to log my food and gave up a bc I was so annoyed and as a result gained a lot of weight. This time for whatever reason I absolutely love logging food and excercise and almost find it...therapeutic? It's just a calming and confidence boosting time when I get to be proud of being healthy hehe. Does anybody else experience anything similar?

Replies

• Just_J_Now
    Just_J_Now Posts: 9,551 Member
    Options
    Nope, I don't love it at all. It is necessary though. Good for you. Keep it up.
  • DeficitDuchess
    DeficitDuchess Posts: 3,099 Member
    Options
    I'd love it, if there weren't; so many glitches, the database was accurate enough & if they didn't round #s, so I use; Google Sheets instead! I only have premium because thus far, it's been convenient to figure; my macro nutrients by gram!
  • Susieq_1994
    Susieq_1994 Posts: 5,361 Member
    Options
    I enjoy it, it makes me feel so in control and on top of things! :)
  • NorthCascades
    NorthCascades Posts: 10,968 Member
    Options
    I love it so much I log food I didn't even eat!
  • Timshel_
    Timshel_ Posts: 22,834 Member
    Options
    I don't mind it. Simple and not intrusive.
  • RoxieDawn
    RoxieDawn Posts: 15,488 Member
    Options
    Totally necessary and I do it.. my approach to this is that I don't loath it cause its a necessary tool for me, but I definitely do not LOVE it.
  • linad30
    linad30 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I love it ,but don't know how to count calories on home made food
  • jamieparadis20
    jamieparadis20 Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    linad30 wrote: »

Use the recipes setting!! Go to profile I think and then there's a section for meals, recipes, and food. You can add all of the ingredients and quantities and then click how many servings it made and it figures out cals for you
  • linad30
    linad30 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    linad30 wrote: »

Use the recipes setting!! Go to profile I think and then there's a section for meals, recipes, and food. You can add all of the ingredients and quantities and then click how many servings it made and it figures out cals for you

Oh I didn't knew about it, thanx