Nerd Alert!!!!!!

Options
So I'm just sitting here thinking if their any fellow nerds/goofs/dorks out there. I am all the above! I lobe watching toons with my kids, I get huge smile on my face when I run across an awesome 80's movie, I still got a huge collection of Pokemon cards ( hey some are worth a lot of money!) And yes I got dvd seasons of thunder cats, transformers,g.I. Joe,ninja turtles and ghost busters. Reading over this no wonder why I was the coolest kid in school!

Replies

• Amison20
    Amison20 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Heck yeah! I'm a nerd and I'm pretty proud of it. Anything 80's is awesome! My husband makes
    fun of me all the time, lol.
  • zenzoes
    zenzoes Posts: 187
    Options
    OOOHHHH oohhhh! Did you see there is a new ThunderCats series starting up. Oh and Hai! /wave
  • ChantalGG
    ChantalGG Posts: 2,404 Member
    Options
    Teletoon retro is pretty awesome and yes, 80 movies are fantastic.
  • Jessamin
    Jessamin Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    Uh huh. Comic books, video games, superheroes.
  • bjohs
    bjohs Posts: 1,225 Member
    Options
    Total 80's nerd and computer geek here! I love gadgets, technology and Star Trek. Strange that I was a jock in high school. :)
  • california_peach
    california_peach Posts: 1,858 Member
    Options
    The ONLY Dr. Who is Tom Baker...need I say more. If you need to see more I can always put on my scarf.
  • Ocarina
    Ocarina Posts: 1,550 Member
    Options
    LOL I'm totally marathoning the original Battlestar Galactica... The original Cylon are way more bad *kitten* then the new ones! :3
    I'm also watching the Star Trek series! Love them both! Ironically don't know much about anime but I <3 Full Metal Alchemist.
    Ok, I'm done now... Well, I do have 6,000 Magic of the Gathering Cards... Lol. Wouldn't mind doing Pokemon again!
  • yeabby
    yeabby Posts: 643 Member
    Options
    I "lobe" cartoons too! By the power of Grayskull I think He-Man was my favorite.
  • merimeaux
    merimeaux Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    The ONLY Dr. Who is Tom Baker...need I say more. If you need to see more I can always put on my scarf.

You can't deny the allure of David Tennant, or the quirky hotness of Matt Smith...
  • Andythefitfamilyman
    Options
    Yeah!!!!! You guys are awesome, and I got magic cards myself
  • Imsojen
    Imsojen Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    I love video games, all things 80s and Pokemon :blushing: ... Dorky girl for sure
  • jesienia
    jesienia Posts: 294
    Options
    I'm definitely a nerd! and a total Whovian. :D
  • ccchapman
    ccchapman Posts: 5
    Options
    ohh yeah! I'm a Trekky
  • Danahimself
    Danahimself Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    I used to play Magic the Gathering! Woot!

This reminds of a scene from "Airheads" You know where the guy admits he played "D&D" ha
  • BethanyMasters
    BethanyMasters Posts: 519 Member
    Options
    Super nerd alert
    <----

Seen every episode of star trek except voyager because voyager is bleh.
    Play WoW and dungeons and dragons magic the gathering.
    There is a duffle bag in my closet with about 100 pounds of magic the gathering cards.
    Old school ninja turtle toys.
    We have a display cabinet with action figures and batmobiles in the living room.
    Dress up for Renaissance festivals and anime conventions.
    I know how to make realistic looking tails out of yarn and I wear them on a regular basis.
    I have a bunny named Rancor and I know what a rancor is. >_<
    and a dog named Dr. John A. Zoidberg
    a chinchilla named Supreme Commander Thor (SG1 ftw)

I'm sure there's more but i'd be typing all night about my nerdyness.

Oh yea and I went to a Weird Al concert yesterday. And it was AWESOME!
  • bjohs
    bjohs Posts: 1,225 Member
    Options
    And, um, who didn't LOVE Saturday morning cartoons and kid shows? Schoolhouse Rock, The Bugaloos and H.R. Pufnstuf!!! Need I say more? I totally geeked out on Sid & Marty Krofft!
  • Andythefitfamilyman
    Options
    I used to play Magic the Gathering! Woot!

This reminds of a scene from "Airheads" You know where the guy admits he played "D&D" ha
    I love that movie!
  • gdr1976
    gdr1976 Posts: 460 Member
    Options
    This thread is going to be epic!!! Love the 80's!!
  • Andythefitfamilyman
    Options
    I "lobe" cartoons too! By the power of Grayskull I think He-Man was my favorite.
    I have the power!!!!!!!
  • reneepugh
    reneepugh Posts: 522 Member
    Options
    Ok, I have you beat in the nerd department I think. I am a science major, have a huge collection of Pokemon and Yu Gi Oh for my kids, love to read sci-fi, love Thundercats, He-Man, any Miyazaiki films, still listen to DEVO, Beck, and check out the Mathematicians, and the nerdiest thing that I have done in the past month or two........we were watching Star Trek and playing Magic The Gathering! We also attend MTG tournaments and get together with our friends every two weeks to play. WOW, I just realized how nerdy that all sounds when I put it together!