How Does One Detox Naturally ?

Options
2»

Replies

• queenliz99
    queenliz99 Posts: 15,317 Member
    Options
    queenliz99 wrote: »
    I get sausage fingers and a runny nose every time I'm out on a hike.

Do you use hiking poles? For me, that solves the problem (for the sausage fingers, not the runny nose).

I have them but I use them only on steep, slippery terrain and my nose still runs. Your nose does not? That's weird, i wonder why?
  • CharlieBeansmomTracey
    CharlieBeansmomTracey Posts: 7,682 Member
    Options
    I get sausage fingers and a runny nose every time I'm out on a hike.

Do you use hiking poles? For me, that solves the problem (for the sausage fingers, not the runny nose).

I have them but I use them only on steep, slippery terrain and my nose still runs. Your nose does not? That's weird, i wonder why?

It's called exercise induced rhinitis, and it's a thing:

http://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S1081120610612446

Yep,I get this no matter what exercise Im doing,of course the colder it is outside the worse it is but I think thats normal.it is a godsend when you are stuffed up during the colder months though,it clears my sinuses out)at least it seems to)
  • fitforeternity493
    fitforeternity493 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    What is bloat, what exercise are you doing to make you bloat, and how does it feel? How do you know that you've got rid of it, and if it comes from exercising, won't it come back every time you exercise? What toxic pills? Help me out here!

Bloating is the swelling of the abdomen. Every time I get done doing a cardio type exercise my stomach swells up.

Toxic pills as in things like Garcinia Cambogia, anything that has fillers, dyes, and all crap..
  • LazyNightOwl
    LazyNightOwl Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    Just got done walking in 40° weather and my left nostril is leaking like a busted faucet :( but OP I second (or fourth or fifth) the drinking plenty of water tip. :)
  • yirara
    yirara Posts: 9,561 Member
    Options
    If I work out thoroughly my muscles relax a lot after a workout, and my tummy sticks out more, unless I specifically target the core muscles or do complex lifts. It's gone again without a few hours. No problem.
  • PaulaWallaDingDong
    PaulaWallaDingDong Posts: 4,641 Member
    Options
    What is bloat, what exercise are you doing to make you bloat, and how does it feel? How do you know that you've got rid of it, and if it comes from exercising, won't it come back every time you exercise? What toxic pills? Help me out here!

Bloating is the swelling of the abdomen. Every time I get done doing a cardio type exercise my stomach swells up.

Toxic pills as in things like Garcinia Cambogia, anything that has fillers, dyes, and all crap..

None of those pills do anything anyway, so donte take them for any reason.

I've never heard of that problem, though, so I leave it to the experts.
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,996 Member
    edited November 2016
    Options

Garcinia isn't toxic, just ineffective ;)

I avoid crap fillers and dyes by buying from brands that do not use them. I stopped getting supplements at supermarkets ages ago and first shopped at Whole Foods and now iherb.com or Emerson Ecologics.

Mainstream companies are also getting on the bandwagon - dye-free Benedryl is available, and Walgreens and other stores carry store-brand Ibuprofen that is dye-free.

How much water/fluid do you drink per day?
  • workinonit1956
    workinonit1956 Posts: 1,043 Member
    edited November 2016
    Options
    Wow! The "sausage fingers"-- also thought it was just me! I get them just going for a brisk walk!
  • luv2shimmy
    luv2shimmy Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    This article from Men's Fitness seems to address the abdominal bloating issue pretty well.
    http://www.mensfitness.com/training/training-qa-is-my-workout-making-me-bloated

Bottom line is that it's pretty normal, it's related to your body's stress response - continue to drink plenty of water, and it should mostly resolve on its own in a couple of weeks.
  • CorneliusPhoton
    CorneliusPhoton Posts: 965 Member
    Options

How intense are your workouts?
    Some people experience bloating issues related sodium imbalance. That might be a question for your doctor.

But since you specifically mentioned your abdomen, possible reasons for abdominal bloat:
    You could be accidentally swallowing a lot of air when you are doing strenuous exercise.
    You could be drinking too much water all at once.
    Drinking carbonated beverages. Eating too fast.
    You may have issues with digesting what you ate earlier or have some other gastrointestinal problem. Lactose intolerance? Do you release excess gas out of either end after you notice the bloating?

• ericwhitt
    ericwhitt Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    Glad I'm not the only one with the runny nose problem during exercise. The worst part about it for me is any sort of extended sessions with the wife and it happens, nothing sets the mood like hearing someone trying to suck in a runny nose.