TEAM MELEE! --- Challenge of the Living Dead (CLOSED)

Options
CHALLENGE OF THE LIVING DEAD // MELEE: BLUDGEONED AND BUTCHERED

Welcome my Little Butchers from TEAM MELEE!

I hope you're ready to crack some skulls and slice our way through some reanimated flesh to win this!

This will be our thread throughout the whole challenge so please do not lose this page. Also I want to make note that anyone who is seen being negative towards another player, talking down to another player or anyone letting a discussion get heated will lead you to receive a swift boot off the team and out of the game. There are plenty of others who would love to play.

WANNA KNOW WHY MELEE WILL WIN?!
We range everywhere from a stick, some knives to a frying pan all the way to swords, scythes, baseball bats and, my personal favorite, machetes. So maybe ranged and explosives are more powerful and do awesome crowd control but nothing beats the stealth aspect and versatility associated with melee weapons. Silence is vital towards survival when it comes to traveling through highly infected areas and despite us being closer towards our enemies we won't attract more by loud cracks and booms. Our weapons are usually easy to carry, easy to operate and we will never need to refuel or find ammo. Not only that but after wielding a melee weapon you'll be more physically fit than anyone else pulling a trigger or trowing a grenade.

We are the ultimate zombie killing machines and we will survive in an undead world!

TEAM SURVIVORS
1. [captain] ACowboyKid (SW: 194lbs)
2. manny_bee (SW: 176lbs)
3. hush7hush (SW:183lbs)
4. maremare312 (SW: 267.4lbs)
5. Faete (SW: 145lbs)
6. missxchelly (SW: 303.6lbs)
7. Jessamin (SW: 264lbs)
8. purplepudding (SW: 179lbs)
9. FeverRN (SW: 147lbs)
10. dmnosu17 (SW: 233lbs)
11. trishtrish84 (SW: 291.6lbs)
12. jagrib0112 (SW: 325.8lbs)
13. str0nger (SW: 224.4lbs)
14. KayyB13 (SW: 192lbs)
15. amber_bamber (SW: 352.6lbs)

Here is an awesome list of Melee weapons provided by the Zombie Survival & Defense Wiki (http://www.zombiesurvivalwiki.com/page/Melee+Weapons) please take a look and lets hear what you guys are wielding through this! Also I highly recommend flipping through the pages because there are definitely some things you'll wanna know when the apocalypse happens.

ZOMBIE SURVIVAL RULES
Yeah these are taken from Zombieland and The Zombie Survival Guide: Complete Protection from the Living Dead by Max Brooks. I thought they were awesome so. Here you guys go. Also if you want to be in tip top zombie fighting condition for the apocalypse I highly recommend reading The Zombie Survival: Complete Protection from the Living Dead by Max Brooks.

***Top 10 Lessons for Surviving a Zombie Attack:***
1. Organize before they rise!
2. They feel no fear, why should you?
3. Use your head: cut off theirs.
4. Blades don’t need reloading.
5. Ideal protection = tight clothes, short hair.
6. Get up the staircase, then destroy it.
7. Get out of the car, get onto the bike.
8. Keep moving, keep low, keep quiet, keep alert!
9. No place is safe, only safer.
10. The zombie may be gone, but the threat lives on. Don’t be carefree and foolish with your most precious asset—life.

***Zombieland Rules! *** [cut out a few though]
1. Cardio
2. The Double Tap
3. Beware of Bathrooms
4. Wear Seat Belts
5. No Attachments
6. The “Skillet”
7. Travel Light
8. Get a Kick *kitten* Partner
10. Don’t Swing Low
12. Bounty Paper Towels
13. Shake it Off
14. Always carry a change of underwear
16. Opportunity Knocks
17. Don’t be a hero
18. Limber Up
19. Break it Up
20. It’s a marathon, not a sprint, unless it’s a sprint, then sprint
21. Avoid Strip Clubs
22. When in doubt know your way out
25. Shoot First
26. A little sun screen never hurt anybody
28. Double-Knot your Shoes
29. The Buddy System
31. Check the back seat
32. Enjoy the little things
33. Swiss army Knife

TEAM GRAPHIC:
teammelee2.jpg
teammelee2.jpg
Remember to change IMG to img! =]

Alright guys! Ready?! LETS WIN THIS MELEE!!!

Replies

• ACowboyKid
    ACowboyKid Posts: 142
    Options
    WEEK 1 CHALLENGE! (JULY 12TH)

THE STORY --
    Just under a month ago you had heard the first little bits of broken rumors of muggings and people being assaulted. It didn't take long for the rumors to evolve into riots in small villages and towns but media coverage was severely limited. Everything was hushed and because of that it was easily dismissed with the hustle and bustle of your daily life. Local news stations began to subtly warn citizens to stay indoors around dusk and after dark, to keep their windows and doors locked and to avoid people behaving strangely in the area. Eventually it shifted to avoiding those you even knew on the street. Then slowly the media began to try and dismiss the precautions as packs of wild dogs that had moved into the area suspected of carrying rabies and that all individuals behaving 'strangely' should be sent to the near by hospital. Except there were no dogs on the streets. Most of the animals you encountered in your daily life began to behave strangely. Even the wild birds in the area no longer sang or fluttered about merrily instead they watched almost uneasily from above. People even began to behave differently as well. Some individuals seemed to grow pale and sick as they tried to press on with their daily lives, others just up and disappeared while missing posters fluttered on telephone poles and the occasional street corner, even a very small percentage of people seemed to be shunning away from society and refused to speak to anyone while the majority of others, such as yourself, continued on with daily comings and goings you were accustomed to. Little did you know.

About seven days ago the news began to shift to a darker tone rather than just simply dogs and muggings. Riots were breaking out in cities nearby, police sirens sounded at all hours of the day and night. But then one day it wasn't in the news anymore, it was out on your street breaking in your front door...

--

JULY 11TH
    The crackling of the radio while someone attempted to tune in a channel helped dull the sound of a girl sobbing in the corner. How you ended up here in this room amongst these people trapped watching the world around you being ripped apart seemed nothing more than a blur. All fifteen of you were up trapped on the 10th story of a hotel in a large storage room with only one window that provided your only light and view looking out over the parking lot and over the city. You could see the ghouls everywhere. Screams of those not yet dead echoed through the city as the monsters ravaged them. A car's siren sounded in the distance no doubt from one of the creatures bumping into it. Occasionally their dull moans caught the wind and were carried up towards you, the sound sending shivers down your spine.

Occasionally you'd see a living person dart across some lawn or between buildings but none seemed to survive through the city for long. The only other sign of life you saw was a building a few miles over which shined brilliantly with flickering lights as if lit up from the inside. There had to be someone there because every night it was plugged in again and every day a large bed sheet dropped from the balcony. Surely the sheet had words written on it except, unfortunately, the distance made it impossible to decipher. Other than the mysterious lights in the distance the only other sign of life had been the radio which now was mainly static. A day ago the radio was still airing one broadcast. A man claimed he was locked in there and was surrounded. Despite his desperation it was at least comforting to know that you and these people were not the the last people not being ravaged by these ghouls. Well, until a few hours ago when the man's ramblings to himself and his listeners were interrupted by a moan and cry. One of the other members of the party changed the channel before you could hear anymore.

Suddenly you all had heard the voice and they attempted to tune back into the channel. The sobbing subsided and all listened. "...you are not alone... zzztt-safety is near. Please reach us... safety... food, protection... zzzt... last chance... evacuation.... zzzzzzttttz... shhhhhhhhhhhhhh... only ten individuals... shhhhzt... shhhhhh zzzzzt ... Repeat! Last ch -shhh... final evacuation is -sszzzt- October 24th... shhhhhhhhzt...shhhhh... decontamination will leave no survi-shhhhh ztshhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhzt."

Suddenly then the room erupted into conversation.
    "No survivors!" someone cried.
    "We can't go out there!" Shouted another.
    Another collection of individuals near the window stated how it would be the only option.
    "Its either stay here and die or leave and have a fighting chance!" Those words echoed through the room and everyone fell silent. Everyone knew nobody would be looking for them so the only option was to look for somebody else.
    "We should find the others," a woman said and pointed out across the room to the window towards the flickering room a building away.
    "No!" Snapped someone and the room erupted again into conversation.
    "We can't just leave them to die."
    "Everyone is dead already!" Then someone stepped up calmly and stated "There is a hunting store a couple blocks past that building, we could at least use the weapons and see if there is anyone." Murmurs continued but everyone knew that the storage room would offer little for weaponry and that that location would need to be visited regardless of if the people above would be saved or not.

After about an hour of discussion it was settled the group would leave at first light.

----

THE CHALLENGE --- JULY 12TH

Alright guys, it took me long enough to come up with this little intro/back story. Here is our first challenge! Its pretty basic since all you're really doing is leaving your building and we don't know everyone's fitness level yet. Hopefully won't be too difficult for everyone so we can do fun stuff next round. So the challenge today is to climb stairs. Not the most exciting but your team is leaving your building and since this is a challenge I added a couple more steps. I figured since this is our first challenge we'll still go easy though and shoot for 300 stairs per day which results in 1800 per week (with a days break seeing as this is the first week). I initially wanted to do 400-500 flights with a couple miles thrown in there but we'll save that for a later date =] Everyone should have access to some form of stair/stair climber/flight of stairs/step up stair thing/etc and if not please contact me or mrtentaclenun.

Remember you don't have to do them all at once that day but completing your weekly stair amount faster than other makes your team look better and might just earn you bonus points. If someone does the most stairs and goes above and beyond the other survivors in the challenge then they will earn their team extra points on the challenge department!

Give me some feedback about what you guys think for challenges and how I tried to set up the scenario. I'm expecting things to get better later on once the chaos of the first week goes away. Zombie killing will begin once we begin strength challenges next week =3

WEEK 1 // ESCAPE THE BUILDING [ STAIR CHALLENGE 1 ]
    Tues 300/0
    Weds 300/0
    Thurs 300/0
    Fri 300/0
    Sat 300/0
    Sun 300/0
    Total 1800/0
  • trishtrish84
    trishtrish84 Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    Go team melee! I have completed my 300 stairs today. total 600/1800.
  • missxchelly
    missxchelly Posts: 180
    Options
    780 stairs down (= and as usual, I'm sticking to my hatchet.
  • Kanzaki3
    Kanzaki3 Posts: 656 Member
    Options
    I like the chainsaw but the only problem with that is it needs fuel and it's also pretty noisy. I'm pretty clumsy so I might end up slicing my own arm off. The metal pipe is my favorite weapon. =)
  • trishtrish84
    Options
    I want the baseball bat! Nothing better than hitting a Homerun off a zombie's head!
  • Jessamin
    Jessamin Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    I'm going to stick to my trusty machete, trench knives and AK47, thanks.

Day one: 770 stairs.
    Day two: 1,000 stairs.

I am loving this stair-climber. But the counter is broken so I just have ten sets of tally marks on my hand. Eh heh.
  • amber_bamber
    amber_bamber Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    600/1800
    I'm gonna stick with a baseball bat and a machete
  • Jessamin
    Options
    But - but! The Zombie Survival Guide tells us that baseball bats are far too unreliable and inexact to be an effective zombie weapon.
  • Faete
    Faete Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    I think I'll stick with my Hockey Stick, or failing that show my Englishness by wielding a Cricket Bat. I prefer the idea of blunt weapons - less splatter! :bigsmile:

Fae XX
  • Kanzaki3
    Options
    With my textbooks on the floor, I put my anger towards it and stepped on it 1,100 times tonight putting my total to 2,020. Sweating crazy but it was all worth it. =)
  • Purple_Lurple
    Purple_Lurple Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Day 1: 372
    Day 2: 658

Need to get my totals up at work as don't have access to private stairs at home (not using the ones fr our block, I'd look like a loon!)
    Need to find me a weapon better than a frying pan... I'm on the look out for something that looks like it has brain smooshing potential ;)
  • Jessamin
    Options
    I did another 300 so total:

Day one: 770.
    Day two: 1300.
  • KnottyJen
    KnottyJen Posts: 1,070 Member
    Options
    Hey All!!! I'm wielding a shovel and screwdriver! Don't get too close, Mr. Zombie! I'll poke your friggin eye out! :laugh: :laugh:

Here's my totals so far:

Day 1 - 614
    Day 2 - 386

Total 1000/1800
  • Faete
    Faete Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Day 3 so far

Tues 300/1085
    Weds 300/535
    Thurs 300/368

Total 1800/1988 :smile:

I hope to do some more, but I feel totally shattered tonight for some reason - I may just veg with a DVD :ohwell:

Fae XX
  • KayyB13
    KayyB13 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Wow everyone is doing so well!! :) I've been adding the stair climber at the end of my gym routine for 10 minutes (55 stairs a min, I tried just counting at first, but that didn't go so well hahah) before work in the mornings! Wish I could cut my other cardio and just do stairs the whole time haha.

Tues: 550/1800
    Weds: 1100/1800
    Thurs: 1600/1800
  • missxchelly
    missxchelly Posts: 180
    Options
    Wow everyone is doing so well!! :) I've been adding the stair climber at the end of my gym routine for 10 minutes (55 stairs a min, I tried just counting at first, but that didn't go so well hahah) before work in the mornings! Wish I could cut my other cardio and just do stairs the whole time haha.

Tues: 550/1800
    Weds: 1100/1800
    Thurs: 1600/1800

That's what I do. Right at the end, or before I get on the treadmill. I only do 40/min. That thing is harder than actual stairs I think.
  • trishtrish84
    Options
    07.11- 300/300
    07.12- 300/300
    07.14- 300/300

Yay completed my 300 for today! Seriously my calf's are killing me! At least today I didnt feel like I was going to be sick! haha thats something at least!

Woot go team melee!
  • Kanzaki3
    Options
    My legs are normally not sore after doing cardio. However, doing this challenge caused soreness on them. I love it!
  • ACowboyKid
    ACowboyKid Posts: 142
    Options
    You guys have been doing great! Keep up the awesome work. Normally I'm not sore either after cardio and since my gym doesn't have a stair stepper for some odd reason I haven't been doing steps until, honestly, this challenge. I use to do them all the time back in high school when my school had one of the machines. I actually love doing stairs on the stair machines because it works you so good. Amazing job guys! Keep it up!

Tues 1000/300
    Weds 95/300 (whoops)
    Thurs 1000/300
  • dmnosu17
    dmnosu17 Posts: 55
    Options
    another 300 in for me so 1300/1800 :)