Got a chemical peel facial today

Options

Replies

• km8907
    km8907 Posts: 3,861 Member
    Options
    Karb_Kween wrote: »
    Yikes! All I can think of when reading this post is that episode of Sex and City where Samantha gets a chemical peel, lol!

Ive been debating getting into that show

2nd best show ever

Whats the first

Hey Arnold.
  • Karb_Kween
    Karb_Kween Posts: 2,681 Member
    Options
    Haha... yeah okay
  • kinkyslinky16
    kinkyslinky16 Posts: 1,469 Member
    Options
    Yikes! All I can think of when reading this post is that episode of Sex and City where Samantha gets a chemical peel, lol!

2nd best show ever

Whats the first

Breaking Bad. Duh.
  • Karb_Kween
    Options
    Ohhhhhhh
  • juliagorina
    juliagorina Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Well, some people have legit reasons I'm sure. Acne scars we can't see, maybe. Whatever floats your boat, man.[/quote]
    Yup. Acne, acne scaring, some sun damage and light aging were all a concern. I'm getting ready for a big adventure out to Australia for a year, so just wanted to look my best B) also, my esthetician recommended it, so I thought "why not?" Definitely know what you're getting into though, as it does sting and burn during he procedure, then your skin peels for a couple of days afterwards.
  • rainbowbow
    rainbowbow Posts: 7,490 Member
    Options
    Awesome, i'm jealous! What strength did you get?

I really want to go get some derma-rolling, PRP, or some IPL-Laser therapy.

Now if only i had the money. :smile:
  • juliagorina
    Options

2nd best show ever

Whats the first

Breaking Bad. Duh.

SECOND THAT!!! <3
  • juliagorina
    Options
    rainbowbow wrote: »

Honestly, I'm not sure, but I don't think it was anything too concentrated. I bonded w/ her the first time I went: I could tell that she is passionate about making people look their best, so I just trust her methodology. I should be a bit more involved, especially in case, I need a repeat procedure! :p
  • Karb_Kween
    Options
    My face skin is mostly flawless
  • bellaa_x0
    bellaa_x0 Posts: 1,062 Member
    Options
    Every time I've had a chemical peel, it hasn't hurt.

yeah same... it never hurt, skin starts "peeling" a day or two later and that's it.
  • smantha32
    smantha32 Posts: 6,990 Member
    Options
    jtegirl1 wrote: »
    How long does it take your skin to go back to normal?

I get them at least twice a year. The skin burns for about a half hour. Then you peel for a week. The peeling part is a little gross. And wearing makeup makes it look worse. But it does make your skin look better.

• smantha32
    Options

I had IPL done. Man that worked wonders. I had a lot of age spots from spending time in the sun and they all dried up and peeled off and left my skin so nice looking.
  • rainbowbow
    rainbowbow Posts: 7,490 Member
    Options
    smantha32 wrote: »

I had IPL done. Man that worked wonders. I had a lot of age spots from spending time in the sun and they all dried up and peeled off and left my skin so nice looking.

Yes! I have rosacea and I've been told it's awesome for controlling flare ups, evening out skin tone, and removing the very fine red veins visible in the cheek area!
  • FabulousFantasticFifty
    FabulousFantasticFifty Posts: 195,832 Member
    Options
    I'm 52 could probably benefit due to my mature age ;) but not that brave!!! :grimace:
  • juliagorina
    Options
    I'm 52 could probably benefit due to my mature age ;) but not that brave!!! :grimace:

Hey, I'm the biggest sis about my face (I can't even use normal "rough" scrubs) and if I can do it- anyone can!
  • juliagorina
    Options

I get them at least twice a year. The skin burns for about a half hour. Then you peel for a week. The peeling part is a little gross. And wearing makeup makes it look worse. But it does make your skin look better.

Resisting makeup is going to be hardest, for sure. I have both liquid and pressed powder, but I'll try to resist!! Just took a "before" pic, so anxious for the peeling to start already!!
  • FabulousFantasticFifty
    FabulousFantasticFifty Posts: 195,832 Member
    Options

Hey, I'm the biggest sis about my face (I can't even use normal "rough" scrubs) and if I can do it- anyone can!

I think I'll just keep
    Letting nature take its course and piling on that sunscreen! :tongue:
  • smantha32
    Options

It's really not that big a deal. :)
    It's like a mild sunburn.
  • smantha32
    Options

Resisting makeup is going to be hardest, for sure. I have both liquid and pressed powder, but I'll try to resist!! Just took a "before" pic, so anxious for the peeling to start already!!

I just used a dab and covered up spots and let the foundation go for a week. every peeling bit of skin shows up when you put full foundation on.