Detox

Options
Caramel8283
Caramel8283 Posts: 2 Member
Good Morning, I know with Thanksgiving around the corner I would like to know if anyone know of a great detox ?

Replies

• DeficitDuchess
    DeficitDuchess Posts: 3,099 Member
    edited November 2016
    Options
    Your liver, the others're just scams!
  • cee134
    cee134 Posts: 33,711 Member
    Options
    Agreed. Detox doesn't work, it's just a fad. Drink lots of water, be mindful of what you eat and use portion control. That beats "detoxing" any day.
  • Hornsby
    Hornsby Posts: 10,322 Member
    Options
    Your liver, the others're just scams!

^^^^

• yusaku02
    yusaku02 Posts: 3,476 Member
    Options
    2 bloody marys in the morning, 4 glasses of wine in the afternoon and 3 glasses of scotch in the evening. Your body will flush toxins like crazy all day.

(remember to hydrate)
  • NorthCascades
    NorthCascades Posts: 10,968 Member
    Options
    Go out into the woods and spend three days there naked. When you start talking to the squirrels, you know the toxins have left your system.
  • RunHardBeStrong
    RunHardBeStrong Posts: 33,069 Member
    Options
    Go out into the woods and spend three days there naked. When you start talking to the squirrels, you know the toxins have left your system.

What does it mean if the squirrels talk back and make sense?
  • Karb_Kween
    Karb_Kween Posts: 2,681 Member
    Options
    yusaku02 wrote: »
    2 bloody marys in the morning, 4 glasses of wine in the afternoon and 3 glasses of scotch in the evening. Your body will flush toxins like crazy all day.

(remember to hydrate)

This of course
  • vingogly
    vingogly Posts: 1,785 Member
    Options
    I see you're new here -- used the Search button up above and look for "detox". You'll find a lot of threads that explain why detoxing is B.S.

There's an ad on the radio here for some detox product that refers to the "pounds of toxic waste" that are somehow "impacted" in your system that the detox will "remove". Ask yourself this: why have none of the autopsies done over the past century or two revealed the presence of this "waste", and why have none of the colonoscopies performed routinely on older patients shown the presence of this "waste"?

Because it doesn't exist. Neither do the supposed "toxins" in your "system" that detoxing is supposed to remove. Again, there have been a lot of blood research done over the past century -- why haven't any of these studies revealed there are all these toxins in the average persons "system" that need removing? Don't you think the discovery of them would result in a lot of drug companies jumping on the bandwagon to come up with a detoxing solution?

You don't see any of this -- what you see are purveyors of "supplements" offering detoxers, and nary a detoxer to be found in a mainstream drug company's portfolio of offerings (except for those designed to deal with things like heavy metal poisoning, which is a different matter).

Save your money and do what cee134 suggested.
  • RoxieDawn
    RoxieDawn Posts: 15,488 Member
    Options
  • diannethegeek
    diannethegeek Posts: 14,776 Member
    Options
    Good Morning, I know with Thanksgiving around the corner I would like to know if anyone know of a great detox ?

Are you planning to eat toxic materials on Thanksgiving? Detox really is losing all meaning these days. It seems to mean anything from drinking a bit more water with some cucumber to inpatient treatment for heavy metal toxicity.

First, decide what you want to accomplish.
    Second, don't eat things on Thanksgiving that will make you sick (unless you really want to - we're all adults here).
    Third, find a plan that will help you accomplish that thing. I promise it won't be detoxifying your body.