Starting again

Options
Hi everyone,

2 years in January I started a weight loss journey and had amazing results. I was fitter and slimmer than I have ever been and was so happy within myself, not to mention how much healthier I felt.

Then came a bereavement that pushed me off the wagon, then a boyfriend who likes pizza just as much as I do.

I think you have to be ready mentally to start a weight loss journey and I'm finally there. I've put all the weight back on and then some, but this time I am determined to lose it for GOOD, with motivation from the MFP community.

So please add me as a friend if you want to motivate me and get the motivation you need in return :) WE GOT THIS!

:)

Replies

• KeshiaV
    KeshiaV Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    I've got basically the same story (substitute pizza for ice cream, chips, chocolate...) and started back two days ago. Add me if you'd like :)
  • jewelzy2016
    jewelzy2016 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I lost close to 60 pounds a few years ago, gained back 20, somewhat same scenrios. I've been struggling on watching what I eat (suck at keeping track big time even thru this app) and working out. I know Ill never get back down to 110 at age 40, but I need to drop 20 to 30 pounds and then tone up the lose skin. I start then slack off cause I get burned out. Sooo frustrated. Got a Bachelorette party in December Im going to and would love to be down 15 by then if possible.
  • Tucker3306
    Tucker3306 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    It's tough when your children, spouse, friends, etc...eat unhealthy. My wife would rather eat a bullet then workout. Surround yourself with like minded people and keep killing it.
  • AmyLou_21
    AmyLou_21 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Hey! I lost over a stone earlier this year (Jan-July) but have since put about half of that back on! Have been really flippant with food and exercise and just generally being lazy and not being accountable! Today I tried a dress on and what I saw in the mirror almost made me cry...after all the hard work at the beginning of this year! I would really love someone to spur me on so I will add you if that's ok! X
  • jennifermi
    jennifermi Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    I have just joined as well. Had lost 40 pounds a year ago and have gained most of it back. Would love to have more friends help me through. Please feel free to add me
  • kimberly_grubbs
    kimberly_grubbs Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    Add me too! I previously lost 40lbs but have had some ups and downs. I'm a mom of 2 little kiddos and have been trying to lock down my workouts and calorie intake the past month or two.
  • shannanicole77
    shannanicole77 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Hi, I can so relate to where you are coming from. Started 3 years ago after a really rough pregnancy and a bout of postpartum depression. Lost 70 pounds and felt healthier, happier and more confident than I ever had. I even studied and passed my Certified Personal Trainer Exam. But then I was almost too happy, the motivation and drive that kept me pushing toward reaching my goals wasn't as strong. I felt like I had finally made it, and in all that celebrating I somehow seemed to put 40 pounds back on. It's been such a let down....but like you, I want to create an environment that helps me keep the weight off for good - happy or sad.

I've started again with MFP to really work on finding a balance with it all and surround myself with like minded people. You are so right about being mentally ready for all phases of the journey and I wish you the very best in yours. YOU GOT THIS!
  • courtneyfabulous
    courtneyfabulous Posts: 1,863 Member
    Options
    I'm on round 2 of major weight loss too and this time for good as well. First time was a crash diet and I didn't understand about CICO or how to maintain my weight loss. Went from almost a size 16 to a size 4 but could only maintain for about 2 years. Stress and some rough patches in life took their toll too and now it's almost 10 years later and I got back up to the same starting weight (165) and I'm doing it again (down about 7 pounds so far now) - and this time in a healthful way and much more informed.
  • UnicornAmandaPanda
    UnicornAmandaPanda Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    I can relate!! I lost 60 lbs three years ago then had baby number 2 and gained 15 back
  • kspringer23
    kspringer23 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    When I was reading this I thought I was viewing my own story! I'm in pretty much the same boat, had previously lost 50 pounds, but gained a few back! Looking to finally stay on track for more than a few weeks at a time and make it a complete lifestyle change! Especially bc my fiancé and I are getting married in less than a year! Let's hope that's motivation enough